E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede v3.3 CANbus UPDATE

03-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #133
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
If the boost display is digital (which it looks like it will be), it will read in psi, not bar
Awesome. I think bar would take some getting used to, most of us are used to talking in terms of psi.
      03-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #134
jeho
ig: jeffersonho
Finland
Rep
Drives: E90M3.E36M3

PSI = USA
BAR = Japan

or am I wrong?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #135
munters
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 335XI AT Dakota Black M

Quote:
Originally Posted by J86 View Post
PSI = USA
BAR = Japan

or am I wrong?
You're wrong
PSI = USA, UK (I think)
BAR = Rest of the world
      03-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #136
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Egad. What potential. No doubt someone else thinks this is a bad idea - right up to the point when he incorporates the same features into his "built from the ground up for the N54" device.
      03-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #137
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Egad. What potential. No doubt someone else thinks this is a bad idea - right up to the point when he incorporates the same features into his "built from the ground up for the N54" device.
Time for another "Who gives a shit what you think" stamp for your posts..

Shiv has gotten his props for the CANbus integration, yet you still spew crap out your mouth about another vendor? give it a rest.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #138
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post

Shiv has gotten his props for the CANbus integration, yet you still spew crap out your mouth about another vendor? give it a rest.
Looks like you give a shit. You sure this is the fight you want to pick?
      03-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #139
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:

Strepto--- seriously... you got to stop taking things so personally. I don't see how a pretty fair and reasonable comment directed towards your tuner can get you so upset. This goes for a lot of people, of course. Not just you.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #140
Septro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Looks like you give a shit. You sure this is the fight you want to pick?
Puleeze. I don't sweat you or your fanboism opining from on high with your pretentious quips. You want a verbal repartee - bring it to PMs or I can spank your ass here in public. Either way works for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #141
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Puleeze. I don't sweat you or your fanboism opining from on high with your pretentious quips. You want a verbal repartee - bring it to PMs or I can spank your ass here in public. Either way works for me.
Commence to spanking. I usually like it when my wife does it, but I'll let you give it a shot.

BTW, congratulations on making it up to the Rs in the dictionary.
      03-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #142
Septro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Strepto--- seriously... you got to stop taking things so personally. I don't see how a pretty fair and reasonable comment directed towards your tuner can get you so upset. This goes for a lot of people, of course. Not just you.

Shiv
I'm quite fine but thank you for the consideration. When I see fair and reasonable then all is cool. When I see the continuous yapping without merit - you can count on me to point it out. This goes for a lot of people, or course. Not just you or Lawdude.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #143
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm quite fine but thank you for the consideration. When I see fair and reasonable then all is cool. When I see the continuous yapping without merit - you can count on me to point it out. This goes for a lot of people, or course. Not just you or Lawdude.
I think there was plenty of merit in lawdude's comment. That is, in fact, what made it funny. So I still think you need to chill out and stop getting so bent out of shape about things that do no effect you in any way, shape or form. If you just let that comment go, we wouldn't be spending the last 4 posts talking about this.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #144
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
I think there was plenty of merit in lawdude's comment. That is, in fact, what made it funny. So I still think you need to chill out and stop getting so bent out of shape about things that do no effect you in any way, shape or form. If you just let that comment go, we wouldn't be spending the last 4 posts talking about this.
2nd....Now where's that video of the Boost Read out on the factory Cluster
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #145
Septro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Then let lawdude make his own dam thread regarding perceptions, real or indifferent about vendor plagiarism or theft of design concepts. What you fail to understand is that not calling it out in a product enhancement thread is bad as us spending time taking away from it.

It is convenient for you since it isn't demeaning to your product. I notice he didn't say jack about the gas pedal/kick down feature that was just brought out? Fair is fair no?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #146
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
Then let lawdude make his own dam thread regarding perceptions, real or indifferent about vendor plagiarism or theft of design concepts. What you fail to understand is that not calling it out in a product enhancement thread is bad as us spending time taking away from it.

It is convenient for you since it isn't demeaning to your product. I notice he didn't say jack about the gas pedal/kick down feature that was just brought out? Fair is fair no?
you don't use the gas pedal to change maps on the procede, you use the keyfob or the home access buttons. Or are you talking about something different?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #147
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec500 View Post
2nd....Now where's that video of the Boost Read out on the factory Cluster
That's going to take a bit more time. Currently working on reading codes and importing useful DME logging variables over to the PROcede's logging system (actual ignition advance, actual throttle, knock status, etc,.) Basically, the stuff needed for those who are looking to tune in max power. Also the stuff needed for auto-tuning for octane changes

Quote:
Again, you are taking things too seriously I think.

Quote:
I really don't know what you are talking about. Probably best left for another thread.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #148
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thank you sir, may I have another.
      03-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #149
Septro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
you don't use the gas pedal to change maps on the procede, you use the keyfob or the home access buttons.
Clearly JPSimon. The gas pedal is used to manipulate a function of the tune, namely for the PROcede, clearing the detection codes.

Obviously different in output but the execution is the same. That is the point, no one even blinked an eye to assume a copy. I give Shiv the benefit of the doubt and consider it a valid improvement, not accuse him of theft. It's lawdude's blind stance in discerning his asshole from his elbow when thinking about what features may/may not be copied from vendor to vendor.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #150
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Clearly JPSimon. The gas pedal is used to manipulate a function of the tune, namely for the PROcede, clearing the detection codes.

Obviously different in output but the execution is the same. That is the point, no one even blinked an eye to assume a copy. I give Shiv the benefit of the doubt and consider it a valid improvement, not accuse him of theft. It's lawdude's blind stance in discerning his asshole from his elbow when thinking about what features may/may not be copied from vendor to vendor.
Is this the public ass beating? You're killing me with anticipation.
      03-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #151
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

comparing apples to kumquats, no one blinked an eye about copying because it has a completely different function.

Quote:
Obviously different in output

lawdude's comment is funny (because it's true).

ps: my vishnu flashed WRX had map switching via the gas pedal (5 years ago).
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #152
runningman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i SP

Quote:
At least one other person is laughing at you...

To get the thread on topic deleting codes without reading them is pretty scary stuff. Especially if there is an actual problem. Once this can also read codes it will be very impressive and save people from having to buy a $300 scanner.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #153
Septro
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You still yappin or spell checking an actual response on the merits? Your quips are as empty as the suit you wear in court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
comparing apples to kumquats...

lawdude's comment has merit and is funny (because it's true).
Granny Smith to Red Delicious maybe but not that far apart.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #154
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You still yappin or spell checking an actual response on the merits? Your quips are as empty as the suit you wear in court.

Granny Smith to Red Delicious maybe but not that far apart.
What are you talking about? They serve completely different functions! apples to baboons

I could switch maps with my gas pedal on my wrx 5 years ago.
Appreciate 0