E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Your Superbowl Predictions

02-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #67
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha325i View Post
How sweet it is...bout damn time. And LOL @ the folks still pissing and moaning saying that the Colts are a better team.
Pissing and moaning? Lol, I'm a Saints fan, but I'm still gonna be honest with myself.

Last edited by PINeely; 02-08-2010 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #68
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Look I know the Saints won but I still think the Colts are a better team. The onside kick to start the 2nd half was what killed it. The Saints knew they can't win if they gave the ball back to the Colts thus they had to gamble and it paid off. That kick turned the momentum and put them back in the game.

You can think and try to rationalize that you team is "better" even though they got SHUT DOWN last night. So much for Colt fans being gracious losers.

Congrats to the rational Indy fans on your team playing a great game.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #69
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335 COUPE

i knew the saint would win. colts=over rated
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #70
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Congrats to the Saints.

can't believe Colts just walked of the field without congratulating them for their first SB! WTF? Bad Sports-manship.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #71
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808six View Post
i knew the saint would win. colts=over rated
+1

I thought the Colts were gonna win it.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #72
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
Congrats to the Saints.

can't believe Colts just walked of the field without congratulating them for their first SB! WTF? Bad Sports-manship.
Yeah Peyton walking of the field without shaking anyone hand, etc was a d-bag move. I've had my share of victories and defeats over the years in sports but at least show some respect and be a good sportsman.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #73
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Junkie View Post
Yeah Peyton walking of the field without shaking anyone hand, etc was a d-bag move. I've had my share of victories and defeats over the years in sports but at least show some respect and be a good sportsman.
Even when the Saints player barreled through a colt and knocked him over, the Saint put his hand down to show good sportsmen ship to help him up. Tsk colts.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #74
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

I'm pissed the Colts lost but what can I say....

Saints deserved it.

Colts really blew it this year when they pulled Manning for that Jets game and decided with the "play it safe option." We lost our momentum of being an undefeated team, etc.....and just fell apart. Freeney and Wayne were injured as well.

Bottom line is we just didn't have that "Something to prove, give it all you've got attitude". The Saints did and it showed.
      02-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #75
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc57 View Post
I'm pissed the Colts lost but what can I say....

Saints deserved it.

Colts really blew it this year when they pulled Manning for that Jets game and decided with the "play it safe option." We lost our momentum of being an undefeated team, etc.....and just fell apart. Freeney and Wayne were injured as well.

Bottom line is we just didn't have that "Something to prove, give it all you've got attitude". The Saints did and it showed.

Still an impressive game despite everything. Last nights game broke the record as most watched television event in US history.

Congrats again to the Colts on making the SB and and making it a great game.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #76
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
You can think and try to rationalize that you team is "better" even though they got SHUT DOWN last night. So much for Colt fans being gracious losers.

Congrats to the rational Indy fans on your team playing a great game.
Not sure how they got shut down exactly. Care to explain? I mean Addai rushed for more than Bush. Peyton threw for more yards than Brees. They scored 17 points on the Saints. I am not taking anything from the Saints. They played a better game and won. But be honest with yourself and look back on the season- Colts have won every game they tried to win (until last night). IT was the onside kick that turned the table and thus the Colts lost. If the Colts had the ball to start the 2nd half and scored 7 points, it would have been tough for the Saints to win. The coach knew that so he gambled on it and it paid off.

But whatever, shoulda coulda...
Also believe me when I say that when the next season rolls around, everyone is gonna be back on the Cowboys bandwagon and off of the Saint's.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #77
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
When in the hell in the history of football has the other team stayed on to congratulate and celebrate with the opposing, victorious team?

It was the Saints' moment, and Peyton was trying to let them have it and enjoy it.

Unbelievable.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #78
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Not sure how they got shut down exactly. Care to explain? I mean Addai rushed for more than Bush. Peyton threw for more yards than Brees. They scored 17 points on the Saints. I am not taking anything from the Saints. They played a better game and won. But be honest with yourself and look back on the season- Colts have won every game they tried to win (until last night). IT was the onside kick that turned the table and thus the Colts lost. If the Colts had the ball to start the 2nd half and scored 7 points, it would have been tough for the Saints to win. The coach knew that so he gambled on it and it paid off.
When I say shut down I'm speaking of how Indy has rolled every opponent they faced in the 4th quarter. Typically they will hand then they decimate in the fourth quarter.

No doubt the on side kick was a game changer but it started with the second half the Saints did what Indy did the first have and shut the other down. The goal line stand of the Colts was huge.

Quote:
But whatever, shoulda coulda...
Also believe me when I say that when the next season rolls around, everyone is gonna be back on the Cowboys bandwagon and off of the Saint's.

Good, I LOATHE bandwagon fans...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #79
Trauma Junkie
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
When in the hell in the history of football has the other team stayed on to congratulate and celebrate with the opposing, victorious team?

It was the Saints' moment, and Peyton was trying to let them have it and enjoy it.

Unbelievable.
huh??

No one said anything about "celebrating with the opposing, victorious team" a mere "good game/congrats" is not uncommon and is the norm. Seeing your opponent celebrate is gut wrenching, I do sympathize with him and him wanting to get the hell out of there in to the locker room.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #80
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post

Unbelievable.
just of the top of my mind; last SB Cardinals actually did.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #81
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Congrats Saints fans! Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0