E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > So my sister got a 2012 Porsche 911 as her first car

Closed Thread

03-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #67
Judge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

I never met the girl, her parents, know her driving habits, her intentions or anything at all about her life or her family's but I am qualified to say she is spoiled and irresponsible and her parents should be jailed for giving her a car that doesn't belong in the hands of a 16 year old [unless it was me when I was 16 because I was responsible] because kids are dumb and are guaranteed to crash their cars because I read stuff on the internet and I knew this kid who once crashed his Benz because young people don't appreciate fast cars until they reach [my age]-years-old.
      03-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #68
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I never met the girl, her parents, know her driving habits, her intentions or anything at all about her life or her family's but I am qualified to say she is spoiled and irresponsible and her parents should be jailed for giving her a car that doesn't belong in the hands of a 16 year old [unless it was me when I was 16 because I was responsible] because kids are dumb and are guaranteed to crash their cars because I read stuff on the internet and I knew this kid who once crashed his Benz because young people don't appreciate fast cars until they reach [my age]-years-old.
^this
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #69
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
This
Someone gets it.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #70
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
No one forced OP to post this thread... OP says "don't know what to think", which implies that OP is looking for opinions from others (or at least some sort of response, why would OP have posted this otherwise?). Thread is posted on an 'anonymous' internet forum, no one knows OP or OP's sister.

Do you not expect people to give their opinions based on stereotypes and 'information' that they don't have? What else are people going to base their opinions off? Just another way to think about it.
      03-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #71
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

I think Templar got it right..we've been trolled and OP is sitting back laughing himself silly.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #72
krown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6

OP is a douche
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #73
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

when i was in hs/college, the e36 m3 was the rich kids' car... and most of them are gone now lol
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #74
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by krown View Post
OP is a douche
Ding!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #75
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Thread is posted on an 'anonymous' internet forum, no one knows OP or OP's sister.
Yes, but after this thread, I'd say approximately 1/3 of OT is dying to get to know OP's sister

I mean think about it - all of OT just learned that a 16 year old girl got a new Porsche 911.

The fact that she got a new Porsche probably attracted 1/8th of the forum right away simply because it is a Porsche...it doesn't matter who the owner is.

And the fact that she is a 16 year old girl immediately attracted at least 1/4 of the forum members all of whom bear a striking resemblance to pedobear and probably have that image emblazoned on their sheets - and this is a conservative guess.

While mathematically this would be slightly over 1/3, I figure there is probably some in both camps and thus have rounded my estimate down to 1/3.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #76
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Also OP never said if the parents bought her the car or not...he's just letting everyone run on innuendo..classic troll move
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #77
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Also OP never said if the parents bought her the car or not...he's just letting everyone run on innuendo..classic troll move
it's the most probable guess, unless she stole it or is some kind of child star
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #78
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I think Templar got it right..we've been trolled and OP is sitting back laughing himself silly.
I guess no one else realized it though.

Hook, line, and sinker.

Good job OP.
      03-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #79
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
Why would I troll about a car my sister got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krown View Post
OP is a douche
I see you're new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Ding!
Why do you think that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yes, but after this thread, I'd say approximately 1/3 of OT is dying to get to know OP's sister

I mean think about it - all of OT just learned that a 16 year old girl got a new Porsche 911.

The fact that she got a new Porsche probably attracted 1/8th of the forum right away simply because it is a Porsche...it doesn't matter who the owner is.

And the fact that she is a 16 year old girl immediately attracted at least 1/4 of the forum members all of whom bear a striking resemblance to pedobear and probably have that image emblazoned on their sheets - and this is a conservative guess.

While mathematically this would be slightly over 1/3, I figure there is probably some in both camps and thus have rounded my estimate down to 1/3.
Guess so
Attached a pic, this is all this forum is going to get.

Quote:
Parents of course..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I guess no one else realized it though.

Hook, line, and sinker.

Good job OP.
Does it bother you that my sister got a 911?

Last edited by eamon; 03-14-2013 at 01:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #80
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Things that dont affect me, dont bother me. Things that could affect me, do get my attention.

So she got an expensive car. It's not like I have delusions that if her dad bought her a new Kia, then some of the $$ difference might somehow be spent on me instead. Financially my life is unaffected either way.

However, even if she legitimately earned the money herself (appeared in commercials or whatever other way someone that young could legitimately earn that kinda money), the point remains, she still only has a 16-year olds skillset, even if she has a 40-year olds wallet.

She will likely not have the experience or skills to provide the correct inputs to keep a challenging car like that pointed straight if something does happen (say a dog runs in front while negotiating a corner, she doesn't have to be racing).

Odds are good shes more likely to hurt herself or others (me?), compared to the same scenario in a new Lexus sedan or something.

That's the part I have a problem with. I have friends who own a Kawasaki dealership. They wont sell a 1100cc sportbike to a novice rider, even if he has cash in hand. They will steer him to a starter bike, and if he doesnt like it, they will let him walk. I got big respect for that. Too bad car dealerships never do that.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #81
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
Does it bother you that my sister got a 911?
Not at all.

You're the one that made a post about it.
      03-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #82
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Well at least we got the OP to post a pic of his sister

Attachment 830439
HOLY SHIT IT'S SASQUATCH IN ANOTHER PIXEL FAWKD PHOTO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
If anything....I think OP has a thing for his sister....sure does like posting about her

Adam Sandler voice (That's My Boy): "Adultery is bad....but INCEST IS JUST FAAAAAWKKED UPPPPP"

Last edited by Colt; 03-13-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #83
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
Things that dont affect me, dont bother me. Things that could affect me, do get my attention.

So she got an expensive car. It's not like I have delusions that if her dad bought her a new Kia, then some of the $$ difference might somehow be spent on me instead. Financially my life is unaffected either way.

However, even if she legitimately earned the money herself (appeared in commercials or whatever other way someone that young could legitimately earn that kinda money), the point remains, she still only has a 16-year olds skillset, even if she has a 40-year olds wallet.

She will likely not have the experience or skills to provide the correct inputs to keep a challenging car like that pointed straight if something does happen (say a dog runs in front while negotiating a corner, she doesn't have to be racing).

Odds are good shes more likely to hurt herself or others (me?), compared to the same scenario in a new Lexus sedan or something.

That's the part I have a problem with. I have friends who own a Kawasaki dealership. They wont sell a 1100cc sportbike to a novice rider, even if he has cash in hand. They will steer him to a starter bike, and if he doesnt like it, they will let him walk. I got big respect for that. Too bad car dealerships never do that.
If we are talking about the regular 911 Carrera, it really isn't that fast. 350HP 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. There are many 16-18 year old with M3 with 400HP+ and 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.

I'm not saying it is smart to get a 350HP car for their first car but I would rather have my kid drive a Porsche 911 vs a POS used Honda Civic.

Quote:
Well at least we got the OP to post a pic of his sister

Attachment 830439
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #84
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

seriously?

4 pages that that's the best pic we have?

thread fail.
      03-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #85
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

So, it must be nice having rich parents.

I bet she ll never have a part time job at McDonald's...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #86
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

So is ruined the chinese saying "there are no ugly 16yr old girls" ... opps sorry it's not meant to sound offensive.. anyway
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #87
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
So is ruined the chinese saying "there are no ugly 16yr old girls" ... opps sorry it's not meant to sound offensive.. anyway
Isnt it 18?
      03-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #88
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Its not just about responsibility. This girl could be great and responsible and drive very safely with no issues (hopefully she will).

But its about the principle of buying a new Porsche for your 16yo kid. I think most people would agree that no matter how rich they were, they would not buy their 16yo a new Porsche. If you want to spoil them and get a 328i or an A4 or something fine...but a Porsche? Everyone has different values and mine would never let me buy a Porsche for my daughter when she turns 16.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread