E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Ugly scratch/gash on rear bumper of my new E90!

03-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
rkd214
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xdrive, MT, 4 door

Ugly scratch/gash on rear bumper of my new E90!

hey everyone, so I'm new to bimmerforums and I really need other people's views/inputs on my ugly situation.

So this vermillion red, 4 door, 328i xdrive, manual transmission BMW was bought for me by my father. I've had it for just over a month. I was parked in the street (parallel parked along the curb) and everything was fine. The next morning I got in my car, pulled out, and drove home. I got home and was just observing the car and on the back on the bumper I saw these ugly scratches/gash! It looks like someone's license plate caused this. I have uploaded a couple pictures. I was wondering how this could be fixed. I've never owned a nice car before and I'm new to ALL of this. I live in PA and the shitty whether has really made my car dirty and salt on the ground from the snow trucks and ice and little things like that have scuffed my car up a little bit so I will definitely be getting a full exterior detailing as soon as the weather warms up a bit. But I'm sure an exterior detailing won't be able to fix this issue. Any idea about how much I would have to pay to get this fixed by a REPUTABLE body shop?

And lastly, please don't judge me by all the dust and dirtiness built up on the car. I have been driving it in some pretty harsh weather conditions and I will be washing the car very soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
AggieATO
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BSM 335i Sedan

Everyone's car gets dirty but for the love of all that is holy, don't rub the dirt in with your fingers trying to clean up the area!

In all seriousness, that sucks bro. You're right in that no amount of detailing is going to fix that...not sure of the body shop charge. Might be time for an MTech bumper
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
330iE90spt
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Tiag Sdn

Ouch... that's not a tap or even a scuff!! Looks like something melted into your bumper. For this damage someone had to hit you pretty hard. Only a body shop is going to be able to fix that and that may be pricey! Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
rkd214
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieATO View Post
Might be time for an MTech bumper
Ahh unfortunately I'm currently broke (college student going to med school next semester).

But now you've got me thinking...definitely should think about saving up for a sexy new bumper
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
rkd214
Registered
United_States
Rep

Also I'm thinking of perhaps getting vermillion red touch up paint and at least painting over the ugly gash to hide it a bit after an intense detailing
Appreciate 0