E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Newbie - looking at 335d

10-07-2011, 03:37 AM   #1
littlelack79
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335d

Question Newbie - looking at 335d

Hi all its been a while since i brought a used car but im looking at a 56 plate e92 335d later today.

Anyone got any pointers i should look out for

I have already HPI and credit checked all clear but we all know that that wont show up the day to day running issues on cars so any help would be great?

Regards Littlelack
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelack79 View Post
Hi all its been a while since i brought a used car but im looking at a 56 plate e92 335d later today.

Anyone got any pointers i should look out for

I have already HPI and credit checked all clear but we all know that that wont show up the day to day running issues on cars so any help would be great?

Regards Littlelack
You may have been better posting this on the UK section.

Check the iDrive (or OBC if it hasn't got Nav) to see the service status
"Problem" point is the red intercooler hose leaking - its on the drivers side, at the front next to the rad - look for black residue at the ends (you'll need a torch). It's not radical and it's a relatively easy fix, but a good bargaining point. On a 56 plate, it may well have been replaced already under warranty. Check for smooth changes on the gearbox, particularly into 3rd under light to moderate load (may need ££ software reset/update).
Check the insides of the tyres - the runflats do tend to scrub the inner tread where you can't see it, and can become bald while the outer edges are good.
Is it a high mileage? Particle filter needs replacing £££££ at 110000/120000 miles. Make sure EVERYTHING works. Ask if it's been remapped as a lot have (these engines give stonking performance, but don't feel seat of the pants quick as they are so smooth - just keep an eye on the speedo!)

Does it have the arm that feeds the driver's seatbelt forward? I understand these can be troublesome and quite dear to replace if broken.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 04:35 AM   #3
littlelack79
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwynMike View Post
You may have been better posting this on the UK section
Hi Mike,

Sorry bud though I had :-/

But that's a great help so far thank you. Will make sure I've got a touch
Yes has the seat belt things, funny you mentioned that I've been watching a few bits on eBay just in case.

It's at 70k so not too high and does have full dealer service history.

Thanks Mike
Appreciate 0