E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Need some suspension help.

08-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Tacn It
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i E92 - 09 x5 4.8

Need some suspension help.

hey all,
I need some help with my suspension setup. I have seen lots of threads trying to find the right combo, I have a e92 w/ zsp and 19"'s.
I go to the track/autocross acouple times a year and only drive this car on the weekends . I'm looking for a good combo street/track setup and needed some input. First I was looking at FK Silverline plus X's or KW V2 or TEIN SS-P(FK's are cheaper but are they as good?). Now since I already have ZSP on my car now should I get just the rear M3 sway (fronts look the same size) or get HR's . Will I need spacers b/c of the 19"s to avoid rubbing(if so what size f+r)? Camber plates ,needed (What brand)? I also have been following people installing the the M3 parts, are ALL really nessery or have any been really proven to work better? I really don't have the money to go thru this multiple times and want to get it right the first time. Thanks all for any info...

Last edited by Tacn It; 08-13-2009 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 02:28 AM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacn It View Post
hey all,
I need some help with my suspension setup. I have seen lots of threads trying to find the right combo, I have a e92 w/ zsp and 19"'s.
I go to the track/autocross acouple times a year and only drive this car on the weekends . I'm looking for a good combo street/track setup and needed some input. First I was looking at FK Silverline plus X's or KW V2 or TEIN SS-P(FK's are cheaper but are they as good?). Now since I already have ZSP on my car now should I get just the rear M3 sway (fronts look the same size) or get HR's . Will I need spacers b/c of the 19"s to avoid rubbing(if so what size f+r)? Camber plates ,needed (What brand)? I also have been following people installing the the M3 parts, are ALL really nessery or have any been really proven to work better? I really don't have the money to go thru this multiple times and want to get it right the first time. Thanks all for any info...
If you must pick from the list of coilover kits you listed, the KW is your choice. It can be modify later with more desirable spring rates if need be.

M3 front and rear bars will give the car a good balance without being giving too much roll stiffness. At least get the M3 front control arm kit if you are on a budget.

Vorshlag make camber plates that works with KW's

Harold
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
turbologist
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: tricycle

One set up I would remove from your potentials is the Teins. The SS-P line is junk and just looks a lot better than it performs.

My FK Silverline Plus X should be here soon so I should be able to give some good feedback shortly.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
Tacn It
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i E92 - 09 x5 4.8

thanks for the feed back guys!
Appreciate 0