E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Pm Me For Pricing!!!!

Closed Thread

09-16-2009, 12:11 AM   #23
MuchMoore
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by timn View Post
Listing prices increases competition, good for us, bad for the sponsors.

The low prices thing is sometimes valid, sometimes BS. List your prices!!!
Just PM 4 sponsors, haha.
      09-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #24
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Yes, and so be it
And the vendors that do list their price might be higher than the ones asking for pm's. So I guess you would rather pay a higher price rather than sending a few pm's.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #25
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
And the vendors that do list their price might be higher than the ones asking for pm's. So I guess you would rather pay a higher price rather than sending a few pm's.
+1

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

its just like buying a car, they post the price on the window for all to see, but do you expect to pay that?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #27
joed1
ED RN
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi coupe/2011 X3

Quote:

How much more obscene can it be? The PMing is costing you almost twice what they pay, if not more.

Again, if there was a valid reason for not posting prices I am sure someone would have chimed in by now. So the answer is, there is no answer, other than to screw the members here over.

If I am wrong someone from the vendor side please set me straight!

Post your prices!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #28
timn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
You're not even thinking about the case where multiple vendors are selling the same product. 5 Vendors listing product A aren't going to list the same prices, they're going to beat it, or not post up, in which case you can still PM multiple vendors.

You're not going to raise prices by having a vendor list prices, if there's room for money, someone's going to offer up a deal. But, if vendors keep hiding prices on sought after goods, then we'll always be potentially paying top dollar and also waiting for responses.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #29
timn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Here's an experiment to try.......

Email a vendor and ask for the price. Then reply to the thread with the vendors reply for all to see.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #30
joed1
ED RN
Rep

Quote:
You're not even thinking about the case where multiple vendors are selling the same product. 5 Vendors listing product A aren't going to list the same prices, they're going to beat it, or not post up, in which case you can still PM multiple vendors.

You're not going to raise prices by having a vendor list prices, if there's room for money, someone's going to offer up a deal. But, if vendors keep hiding prices on sought after goods, then we'll always be potentially paying top dollar and also waiting for responses.
The light bulb is on! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #31
joed1
ED RN
Rep

Quote:
Here's an experiment to try.......

Email a vendor and ask for the price. Then reply to the thread with the vendors reply for all to see.
Most of the work involved in vending is emailing to Taiwan, and doing paypal money transfers. I am sure some vendors stock small items they can fit in their garage or basement, but there is no real time invested here.

So does that time equate to 70%, 80% or 100% profit, you decide????????
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #32
joed1
ED RN
Rep

Do you think it is safe to assume that the lack of an answer from any vendors would mean there is no acceptable reason?

My post has been up fro a while and I am sure they have read it.

So much for competition and lower prices for us. Here's hoping another vendor decides to join in and post their prices. Because this "PM me for a price" practice is wrong in many ways.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #33
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:

I am thinking about the case where multiple vendors are selling the same products. mylydiamy said he would only buy from vendors who list prices. Say he wants an aero lip. 1 vendor list them for $500 painted or whatever. He said he would rather buy from that vendor just cause he lists his price rather than pm'ing around for better prices. I think that's stupid that he can't pm a couple of them for better prices. I mean it's your loss if you can't do that.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #34
joed1
ED RN
Rep

Quote:
I am thinking about the case where multiple vendors are selling the same products. mylydiamy said he would only buy from vendors who list prices. Say he wants an aero lip. 1 vendor list them for $500 painted or whatever. He said he would rather buy from that vendor just cause he lists his price rather than pm'ing around for better prices. I think that's stupid that he can't pm a couple of them for better prices. I mean it's your loss if you can't do that.
I guess the point is you are paying them GOOD money for a product they don't even physically touch. Why should you wait for them to get back to you for the PM price, why should YOU have to jump through hoops to give them a 70% profit?????

Why hasn't any of the "PM me for a price" vendors responded here???????

Is this like some sort of super secret process that makes you feel like your getting "such a deal". In essence you are paying almost double what the vendor pays. This is cheap?

What it comes down to, is asking for a price on their post and having the other vendor contacting you telling you how much the other guy sucks. I wasn't contacted saying "Joe, whatever price he gives you I'll beat it by 20%" Nope they didn't say that.

NO I get contacted with "gee the other guy will screw you".

So you tell me who's getting screwed here??????
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 06:20 AM   #35
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Maybe they dont want to list their prices because the prices are not fixed. They maybe able to get discounts / rebates if sold a certain number in which translate the discount over to you. If they put the one price up + shipping , they wont be able to go back on there price if something needed to be adjusted. Sometimes, there suppliers could have sales or discounts and so vendors can use that price to sell etc. The other thing is shipping, shipping are not the same and so they would need to figure out the shipping cost on top of that as well!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #36
joed1
ED RN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
Maybe they dont want to list their prices because the prices are not fixed. They maybe able to get discounts / rebates if sold a certain number in which translate the discount over to you. If they put the one price up + shipping , they wont be able to go back on there price if something needed to be adjusted. Sometimes, there suppliers could have sales or discounts and so vendors can use that price to sell etc. The other thing is shipping, shipping are not the same and so they would need to figure out the shipping cost on top of that as well!
Lots of "maybe"s there.

What I see here are members speculating on why vendors refuse to post their prices. All it would take would be a single vendor to chime in and clarify their policy and they didn't.

Is it above them???? Hey, they are getting 70% profit OR MORE!!!!!!!!

I don't know about anyone else here, but I work for my money. I have no ax to grind with anyone. All I wanted was an answer. One of them could have explained the process but they chose not to.

Personally I think that 70% or more profit is one hell of a markup and hey, if members here want to pay that, more power to them. I just think it is excessive.

Not one "PM ME FOR PRICE" vendor has posted here, but you know they have read it. So I guess we are all getting an answer. "Screw you".
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #37
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed1 View Post
Lots of "maybe"s there.

What I see here are members speculating on why vendors refuse to post their prices. All it would take would be a single vendor to chime in and clarify their policy and they didn't.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I work for my money. I have no ax to grind with anyone. All I wanted was an answer. One of them could have explained the process but they chose not to.

Personally I think that 70% or more profit is one hell of a markup and hey, if members here want to pay that, more power to them. I just think it is excessive. Trust me, vendors know me and i bargain the shiet out of the prices and i get prices from several vendors! You are right about one thing, there is certainly a discrepancy in pricing at times but I am positive you need to bargain it all the time!

Not one "PM ME FOR PRICE" vendor has posted here, but you know they have read it. So I guess we are all getting an answer. "Screw you".
I know what you mean, but my MAYBE implies that i am not a vendor and cannot speak on there behalf. The many "maybe", speaks in speculation which is what we are discussing in this thread in regards to why you think vendors dont post there price.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #38
rkick08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed1 View Post
Lots of "maybe"s there.

Personally I think that 70% or more profit is one hell of a markup and hey, if members here want to pay that, more power to them. I just think it is excessive.

Interesting post, always a question of mines. I thought because it was "forum policy"

Anyhow, how do you know that they make 70% on profit, is this a fact or you just assume?

I look forward for some vendors to post and reply to our questions/concerns.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #39
Rotary Rasp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

One thing I really liked about the last forum I was part of was that if you're selling something, you must post a price. I hate when people post shit for sale on this forum and say "taking offers" THIS ISN'T FUCKING EBAY!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #40
HD Auto Salon
Rep
Drives: white 335i coupe/ E92 M

Hey guys,

To be quite honest, you guys are right. There is so much competition here on the forums and anywhere else. Also it depends on what items you are looking for.
There are MAP for all items, if we list for anything under MAP, then we will be warned by the manufacturer and possibly lose our account. If this happens then we would go out of business.
Also,some manufacturers have different sales every month and we can afford to sell items for much less.

The reason for PM is better for you because that means you are getting the item for under MAP, well that is if you order from me. I can not really vouch for any other vendors. But I am sure that all of us vendors try to do our best for you guys. Some have deeper discounts than others. But realistically it still is a business, so we still have to make something. Alot of us vendors do stock items which means paying for warehouse space.

Take a look at Amazon.com you will find items with no pricing listed and it tells you to go to check out for pricing because legally they can not advertise their lowest price. I would do that here if we had that option on e90post.But I can't. So I don't. That is why we ask you guys to PM.
Plus I like getting pms
Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #41
joed1
ED RN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkick08 View Post
Interesting post, always a question of mines. I thought because it was "forum policy"

Anyhow, how do you know that they make 70% on profit, is this a fact or you just assume?

I look forward for some vendors to post and reply to our questions/concerns.
I ordered several Taiwan shipped items. Along with those items came a receipt with the prices in dollars. Actually that is what got me going here. The prices were 70% less then what I paid.

I have been looking forward to just one vendor posting here and explaining. Not one. I guess they are happy raking us over the coals. I realize it is a free country and I don't have to purchase from them, and I won't any longer, but it's the behind their backs stabbing one another with PMs sent about each other. Piss poor.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #42
joed1
ED RN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1swoop View Post
Hey guys,

To be quite honest, you guys are right. There is so much competition here on the forums and anywhere else. Also it depends on what items you are looking for.
There are MAP for all items, if we list for anything under MAP, then we will be warned by the manufacturer and possibly lose our account. If this happens then we would go out of business.
Also,some manufacturers have different sales every month and we can afford to sell items for much less.

The reason for PM is better for you because that means you are getting the item for under MAP, well that is if you order from me. I can not really vouch for any other vendors. But I am sure that all of us vendors try to do our best for you guys. Some have deeper discounts than others. But realistically it still is a business, so we still have to make something. Alot of us vendors do stock items which means paying for warehouse space.

Take a look at Amazon.com you will find items with no pricing listed and it tells you to go to check out for pricing because legally they can not advertise their lowest price. I would do that here if we had that option on e90post.But I can't. So I don't. That is why we ask you guys to PM.
Plus I like getting pms
Hope this helps

So let me get this straight. I purchase a rear spoiler from you for two hundred dollars, you pay 85 dollars for it and they Taiwanese manufacturer is telling you you can't accept less of a profit????

I appreciate you being the only vendor to chime in, aside from E92-lighting who said he does post his prices.

If the prices change monthly couldn't you just change your posted price. There are vendors here who run weekly specials. How difficult can this be????

Also if the MAP thing is true I am sure there is documentation that can be scanned in so we could read it, or is there something regarding the publication of MAP agreements.

Once again, kudos for posting here but I find it hard to believe that a Taiwanese manufacturer is telling you to only take no less than 70% profit.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #43
joed1
ED RN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I know what you mean, but my MAYBE implies that i am not a vendor and cannot speak on there behalf. The many "maybe", speaks in speculation which is what we are discussing in this thread in regards to why you think vendors dont post there price.
I understand that. Isn't it unfortunate that we are left to speculate because no vendor responds.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #44
joed1
ED RN
Rep

Well it's been about a week and only one vendor responded with the appropriate amount of vagueness.

You would think if there was a good answer for their excessive prices, one of them would have explained the reason for the stealth, super secret "PM me for pricing".

Although I guess if I was making that much profit on an item I would ignore this post as well. So as they ignore this post, you are also being ignored as well. (Well except your $$$$, keep that part coming!!!!!)

Post your prices!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread