E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > clicking sound from B pillar, would it cause battery drain?

02-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
u170who
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 330I

clicking sound from B pillar, would it cause battery drain?

Hi Guys,
I work for New York City, and yesterday i got stuck at Riker's Island with a car that wouldn't start. Of course, it was my beloved e90. Everytime i pressed the Start button, all i would get was the key and seatbelt lights. I had 2 Emergency service trucks and AAA try to jump start it, and nothing happened. Then, while i was waiting for a tow, i pulled out the Start/Stop fuse, and put it back in, and BAM! it started up like nothing happened. I thought it was a fluke so i proceeded to drive it and go grocery shopping. When i came back, the car wouldn't start again. She had been very good to me for 3 yrs, and this was the second time the battery died, but the first time a boost wouldn't do anything. I freaked out. I couldn't get the thing into neutral and couldn't get it started, so i called AAA for a tow. While i was sitting and waiting, i noticed a ticking sound from the B pillar. I thought it was strange and maybe there was a short, but then forgot about it. After getting towed to my shop, the battery was completely drained. I hadn't left any lights on or anything while i was waiting, so this was strange. The shop fully charged the battery and said it looked strong. They are still trying to figure out where the drain came from. Do you guys think it's the lock on the B pillar going crazy? See the TSB http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3793. Opinions?
Thanks

Last edited by u170who; 02-13-2013 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0