E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Turanza Vs ContiproContact

08-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
sricca
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi

Turanza Vs ContiproContact

I just switched form the Bridgestone Turanza 225 45 17 runflats to the continental ContiproCantact Runflats. I was getting jarred around every little bump in the road on my 2006 330xi. I was going to dump the runflats all together but figured I would give this a try. Here is my take on it. The Continentals are very very good for a runflat. They are still a harder ride then regular tires but the difference from the Turanza's are very noticeable. I was gungho to go to and find a spare and strap it down in the trunk. After going this route I can say that would be an irrational choice. The Continentals do the trick. The only thing that one may like the Turanza's better for is the track. The stiffness in the ride is nice when you are flying around a track, but normal driving calls for a softer tire. If any one needs a spare or set of the Turanza's I have them posted fro sale in the classified wheel and tire section.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
crazed792
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sricca View Post
I just switched form the Bridgestone Turanza 225 45 17 runflats to the continental ContiproCantact Runflats. I was getting jarred around every little bump in the road on my 2006 330xi. I was going to dump the runflats all together but figured I would give this a try. Here is my take on it. The Continentals are very very good for a runflat. They are still a harder ride then regular tires but the difference from the Turanza's are very noticeable. I was gungho to go to and find a spare and strap it down in the trunk. After going this route I can say that would be an irrational choice. The Continentals do the trick. The only thing that one may like the Turanza's better for is the track. The stiffness in the ride is nice when you are flying around a track, but normal driving calls for a softer tire. If any one needs a spare or set of the Turanza's I have them posted fro sale in the classified wheel and tire section.

I do agree that the conti's are better. That said, given time they can cup, too. Honestly that's the worst part about either tire. The road noise after putting on lots of miles can get mind-blowingly bad. Hopefully you don't have any problems with your new tires. Enjoy them, GL.