E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Audio settings keep resetting

02-11-2016, 11:12 PM   #23
ice rckt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Hate bringing back an old thread, but my car does this randomly as well. Some days multiple times, and can also go for days/weeks without happening. Definitely annoying
(radio defaults to 87.7, presets still work thankfully), but not a dealbreaker. I would just like to know the cause.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 07:37 AM   #24
bmwpowr
Rep
Drives: 09 335i xDrive

Same issue here!

Happens randomly regardless of FOB being used.
Radio defaults to fuzz/static (87.7).

Dealer said they have no reports of a radio bug in the iDrive.
This has been going on since I bought the car in May/2015. It is a 2009 model year. Seems to be worse lately.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 05:09 AM   #25
Stream
T667YM86
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 05'

Have the same problem. Treble and bass sometimes resets to 0.
E90 2005, professional non idrive radio, top-hifi amplifier from e70. No other problems with another ecu, so i don't think that problem related to battery.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 05:35 PM   #26
shadowx360
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

2006 E90 330i checking in. Only bass and treble reset and I noticed on the reset times, the radio stays off when I turn on the car instead of the last uses station/input. Harmon Kardon stereo without iDrive. Battery is new and TCU was replaced as well. Still can't find out what's causing it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #27
tryingtobebest
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90

2009 E90 LCI with Audiophile and Comfort package. Audio efin equalizer getting reset, bass, treble etc stays where i left them!
Using One fob, battery in fob been replaced, with help of NCS expert (dummy) in CAS i coded ( PERSONALISIERUNG_AUS (Disable Car/Key Memory Personalization For Individual Keys): From Nicht TO Active )
Here is what happening AFTER coding, whenever the car is off for more then 4-6 minutes its equalizer is reset to all 0s, it doesn't matter if the car been closed or not, it just getting reset!(
Will code back to NICHT but then it will be doing it overnight!(((

HOW to make it save and store forever as i want it to be? I thought if i remove personal coding the radio will remember THE ONLY setting of EQ and use it but NO!(

Sometimes like once out of 20+ times if i live it on USB it switch to preset radio (not a concern)

Last edited by tryingtobebest; 01-19-2017 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 12:25 PM   #28
shadowx360
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtobebest View Post
2009 E90 LCI with Audiophile and Comfort package. Audio efin equalizer getting reset, bass, treble etc stays where i left them!
Using One fob, battery in fob been replaced, with help of NCS expert (dummy) in CAS i coded ( PERSONALISIERUNG_AUS (Disable Car/Key Memory Personalization For Individual Keys): From Nicht TO Active )
Here is what happening AFTER coding, whenever the car is off for more then 4-6 minutes its equalizer is reset to all 0s, it doesn't matter if the car been closed or not, it just getting reset!(
Will code back to NICHT but then it will be doing it overnight!(((

HOW to make it save and store forever as i want it to be? I thought if i remove personal coding the radio will remember THE ONLY setting of EQ and use it but NO!(

Sometimes like once out of 20+ times if i live it on USB it switch to preset radio (not a concern)
Can you elaborate on what gets reset? Bass/treble is kept but equalizer is not?

For me on an E90, bass/treble is reset, fader and such remains. Happens randomly for me. Always only ever use one key.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 02:51 AM   #29
bimmersfreak
Rep
Drives: BMW

Same problem on my '11 e92 LCI. Randomly losing radio preset memory when starting the car no matter in day or night. Occasionally, I have red back ground on screen as well.
I think it happened 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years. It is just out of warranty, and even during warranty period I made several claims about it, dealer checked it and can't replicate the issue since it happened so randomly.
Appreciate 0