E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > coding for 01/2007 e92 for hid fog light

11-22-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

coding for 01/2007 e92 for hid fog light

Hi
I have successful coded my FRM_87 module in order to add a hid kit on fog light

This is the kit
http://www.ebay.it/itm/BMW-3er-e92-N...item23150c53e3

This is the code of my FRM module
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=65XHP7ZP

sometime during a driving an "front light error" appears on my body computer
and the fog light switch off

Any idea ?
Wrong code ?
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

recheck your ground connection
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

If wiring is fine turn off the error checks:

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
If wiring is fine turn off the error checks:

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
Modify all entries without success.
check all wiring and reversed ballast and lamps but nothing

the error appears only if the car is running.
if i press Star-stop twice without run the engine the lamps still on for hours and hours.

the ballast have this data :

Volt : 9-15
Inom : 4.5A
Imax: 6A

Mystery of FRM_87 module
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Another info :

INPA show detailed info about error :

The error is 9Cxx short circuit on left lamp and right lamp
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Add a 100ohm, 10watt resistor to simulate a filament globe. You have a short circuit as the HID doesn't create any resistance like a non-HID would
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

There you go. That's why I had said to make sure the wiring or ballasts werent the issue
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

So even though he has everything wired up correctly, and has even amended the code on the car to prevent start up warnings... he still has to add a resistor?

If a resistor is added, there should be no reason for coding? Or am i missing something?

Sorry for the threadjack...

Best,
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Please pull the CC-ID error number on the error being thrown. Go to "Check Control" in your cluster. Then with the bulb error up, hold the BS stalk in. It will show the numbers. Scroll to see if there are multiple.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 01:15 AM   #10
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
So even though he has everything wired up correctly, and has even amended the code on the car to prevent start up warnings... he still has to add a resistor?

If a resistor is added, there should be no reason for coding? Or am i missing something?

Sorry for the threadjack...

Best,
the trouble appears sometimes after 2/3 minutes when i run
The ballast are canbus and simulate the resistor (if i put "aktiv" all warm and cold check in the FRM module the error don't appears)

Tonight rechecking the wiring 12v input side

tnx
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #11
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Ground connection on the ballasts is very important. Make sure the ballasts are grounded to a good place with no paint under wire terminal.

I recently ran into same problem on my 09' E92. Installed the HPB CanBus HID kit - supposedly no errors. Same as you, I got low beam headlight errors a couple minutes after start-up. They sent me new ballasts on the off chance that the ballasts were bad - still didn't solve the problem.

I even mounted my ballasts directly to the front frame rails + installed the included Ground wire to frame rail correctly.

I was told there was nothing else they could do, so finally I gave up, contacted Grant, & he let me know which lines to code, changed them all to 'nicht-aktiv' and the problem is gone

If you changed all the lines of code for warm/cold bulb check as reported by Grant to 'aktiv' as you state, you actually turned ON the bulb checks - not OFF, so I don't see how the problem goes away for you? You need to change all bulb check values to 'nicht-aktiv'

BTW, you cannot add error cancellors (resistors) to CanBus ballasts - they won't work as the ballasts already have the error cancelling circuit added into their electronics.

So just because a vendor states that the HID kit is 'error free' - doesn't make it so Apparently some cars are just more sensative than others...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #12
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

i guess differnt resisters are required to deal will various cars and electrical systems...

That is why when people were adding resistors to their canbus free HID kits, some varied when using a 6UH or 10UH... or am i talking absolute crap?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

I think ground issue.

this is the error

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #14
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Quote:
i guess differnt resisters are required to deal will various cars and electrical systems...

That is why when people were adding resistors to their canbus free HID kits, some varied when using a 6UH or 10UH... or am i talking absolute crap?
the big problem on BMW system is the PWM modulation used
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #15
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Did you sort out your ground issue?

But cant the PWM modulation be turned off? If your kit is installed correctly, and after you correct your ground issue... Because your cold and warm checks are off, you shouldnt experience any more errors?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

it's not possible to turn off PWM
It's necessary only a true canbus system with anti flicker system for this kind of alimentation.

I cleaned and arranged better contacts
Keep the system under observation a couple of days
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 03:32 AM   #17
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Nothing.

Clean all contacts and checked all gronds and positive wires.

After 1/2 minutes the error appears
This is the code :

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #18
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

So after you removed the cold and warm start codes, and you have made sure the ground is perfect... You are still getting a code? Maybe there is something faulty with the kit?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #19
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Quote:
So after you removed the cold and warm start codes, and you have made sure the ground is perfect... You are still getting a code? Maybe there is something faulty with the kit?
Cold and warm are Nicht_Aktiv
PWM_NSW are Wert_02

Ballast and bulbs are new
Ground and car cable are perfect

It's incredible.

After 2 minutes the left bulb warning appears

i also tried to swap bulb and ballast but the result it's the same :
Left bulb failure and the lamp swith off

This only when the engine is on.

if i press start twice without start the engine the fog lamps still on .

If i find another kit i try to change the ballast.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #20
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

I hope you get this sorted. There is something wrong somewhere...

Hopefully someone else can chime in and help.

To The Top
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #21
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

I found another Hid kit made for bmw (canbus 3.0)

tonight try....
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #22
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Solved !!!

Changed the left ballast with another Canbus 3.0 with :
Range: 9-16Volt
Imax startup : 4A
Inom : 3.2A
35W

No warning light with/without Worm and cold check.
Appreciate 0