E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Nervous buyers need opinions

01-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
omerfar23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335i, 2008 335i e92

Nervous buyers need opinions

Nervous buyers need opinions

I have a 335 coupe on order via ED. I am traveling to Munich on Feb 1 to pick up the car. I have been researching 3 series intensely for the last year. Originally I had decided to buy 328i coupe but changed my mind after driving the 335 and because of high regard from fellow forum mates. Currently I am planning to purchase the car. Since I am purchasing the car I have decided to keep the car light in terms of options so the car I have ordered is Jet Black and heated seats.

I just sold my 2004 BMW Civic and after the sale I calculated my month operating cost of the civic to be > $145 which is very good and I know I am not going to get that with a BMW. I currently have good job, own a house, and I am single and I know I can afford the BMW but the thing is I would like to plan for the worst in case I really don't like the BMW after a while or can't afford the car (i.e. injury or losing job).

My options:
Finance: So If I purchase I put down about over 10K and get a loan so the payments are less 450 a month. I can afford 450 a month.

2 Yr Lease: I go ahead lease the car with no down for about ~$600 a month for 24 months. Very flexible in terms getting out since it is only 2 yrs.

3 Yr Lease: I go ahead lease the car with no down for about $650 a month for 36 months.

Lately after reading "for sale" forums @ e90 and bimmerfest and other threads I am contemplating about a short term lease rather actually financing the car. I would like to own the car but I know I am not the kind of guy who would own the car for very long term. So I only plan to keep the car for about 4.5 yrs (with about 50K miles)

It seems that they are actually a lot of people who are regretting there 335 lease and I personally wouldn't be in the same boat especially with car that I have financed. Or is it easier to get rid of the car if you own it?

I think If I financed the car or lease at the end of three yrs the number look very similar but do you think it would very hard to sell a 335 coupe 4 years old with 50K for about 50% original MSPR (45% would mean even with lease)??? Even though most people argue that lease has less string attached it seem to me that the not case after reading some peoples experience on this forum. Most people that have posted on the "for sale" forum are struggling to get of the lease and will lose a lot of money while doing it. I would like to minimize my losses at worst case so I am just looking for people opinions and previous experiences????

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

If you're paying about 5K off of US MSRP,you can also think about selling your car after 11 months to a private party.You're under dealer cost from the beginning,but only in the first year.It will depend on how well the coupes are selling and the market you're in.It's better to sell the car in '08 if it's an '08.If you're a member of the BMWCCA,you also get a 500 rebate,so if you haven't joined yet,you need to do that so you could get it on the next car.It's 42. per year,so join for 2 years at a time,since you need to be a member for 12 moths prior to the purchase/lease.
Appreciate 0