E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > [GROUP BUY] DTUK DIESEL TUNING KITS (Diesel Only) + PEDALBOX THROTTLE RESPONSE KITS (

11-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #45
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

For any nasty 'Engine Fault' messages... or anyother DTC's you wish to reset - this is a magic piece of kit.

Buy:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

..sweet torquin' diesel!

Last edited by QLD; 11-12-2011 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #46
nosmash
Private
Rep
Drives: an oil burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
For any nasty 'Engine Fault' messages... or anyother DTC's you wish to reset - this is a magic piece of kit.

Buy:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

Any forum member have this and can vouch that it works?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 03:03 AM   #47
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

I'd still just grab a Bavarian Technic tool. Never even heard of the above product.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 06:14 AM   #48
QLD
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
I'd still just grab a Bavarian Technic tool.
And that costs $85 dollars delivered, like the one I posted??

(for those interested in a diy bargain - this won a top 20 placing in Motor magazines 2008 product of the year awards)

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #49
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:

(for those interested in a diy bargain - this won a top 20 placing in Motor magazines 2008 product of the year awards)

Nope, but it doesn't look like a gimmick!

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #50
QLD
Captain
Rep

.......classic

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 02:38 AM   #51
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

I'll buy one, at least it's not $100 per car, max 3 cars

Looks fantastic. Should we do a group buy
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 03:50 AM   #52
QLD
Captain
Rep

Too late for me... mines on the way

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 04:11 AM   #53
nosmash
Private
Rep

Quote:
Too late for me... mines on the way
great! maybe you can give a review once it arrives.

i haven't decided yet if i get this or the bt.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #54
luster
Major
Rep

Argh, the first shipment costed me an extra $10 per unit after shipping. So I added an extra $10 to the price on the first page.

Those that already ordered and paid, dont even worry about paying more, my own fault for miscalculating!

First shipment arrives tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 05:12 AM   #55
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
luster: have you been supplied with your complimentary PedalBox yet so you can post a FULL detailed report of the device?
I can give the review:

"I spent $250 on an voltage amplifier and I can't believe I've been had."

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 05:24 AM   #56
QLD
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I can give the review:

"I spent $250 on an voltage amplifier and I can't believe I've been had."
I'm very keen to test your $5 Sprintbooster clone that you can claim you can make using parts from Tandy.

Let me know when you can supply it - happy to test for you.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #57
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I'm very keen to test your $5 Sprintbooster clone that you can claim you can make using parts from Tandy.

Let me know when you can supply it - happy to test for you.
Actually, you should be getting it for FREE if you have the DTUK tune - if it is as good as it says it is, it can easily just alter the throttle position reading and adjust torque output accordingly.

As for building one yourself, you must be nuts to think the parts are anything more than $5 for a voltage amplifier and a piece of plastic. Accounting for 'R&D' and 'profit', it should be no more than $20. You can't argue it's anything more sophisticated than that because the site itself says all it does is amplify the voltage signal. There is no research or development needed.

I know the PROcede has throttle sensitivity adjustment but I've left it as stock due to wanting to have all my pedal travel to work with on the track.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #58
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
I know the PROcede has throttle sensitivity adjustment but I've left it as stock due to wanting to have all my pedal travel to work with on the track.
so its not as easy to spin out, right?...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #59
QLD
Captain
Rep

Quote:
..... it can easily just alter the throttle position reading and adjust torque output accordingly.
I know, you keep telling us how easy it is and how simple it is.. that's why I'm keen to test yours that you can easily make for $20.

Let me know when we can test out your $20 devices... hell, I may even buy a thousand of them... god knows they work a treat... in fact are a MUST have for anyone with a turbo car.....

Write back when your $20 device is ready for testing.... until then your credibility is taking a bit of a hammering with all this chat about - how it easily is created and how simple it is to make... and how it easily costs only $20 to make one yourself.

Look forward to your reply... but only when your simple $20 device is ready for testing.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #60
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

as the old sayings go 'there's a sucker born every minute' and 'A fool and his money are soon parted'
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #61
nosmash
Private
Rep

Quote:

Found a few on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_3953wt_935

I asked the seller if it works on an E90 and this was his reply:

"This tool works with a BMW e90 (I have one) with a condition.

BMW uses two diagnostic interfaces; OBDII which this tool is compatible with, and some error codes are visible, and a BMW specific CAN system which uses the same port that this tool is not compatible with.

The CAN system registers additional codes that may not result in a error on the OBDII system. For example, my car has a Window Anti Trap fault, which is not visible through this tool; however the CAN system shows the additional error codes that the dealer would use for diagnosis."

So it looks like the BT tool is the most complete.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 02:04 AM   #62
QLD
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmash View Post
So it looks like the BT tool is the most complete.
Yes I agree - this is the best tool for you.... enjoy

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #63
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I know, you keep telling us how easy it is and how simple it is.. that's why I'm keen to test yours that you can easily make for $20.

Let me know when we can test out your $20 devices... hell, I may even buy a thousand of them... god knows they work a treat... in fact are a MUST have for anyone with a turbo car.....

Write back when your $20 device is ready for testing.... until then your credibility is taking a bit of a hammering with all this chat about - how it easily is created and how simple it is to make... and how it easily costs only $20 to make one yourself.

Look forward to your reply... but only when your simple $20 device is ready for testing.
I don't know why you're focusing on the need for me to make one for $20, the fact of the matter is it's a voltage amplifier, which, in electronics is one of the cheapest components you can have. It's like paying $300 for a god damn hammer, I'm gonna tell you that a hammer is not worth that much, and then you're challenging me to make a hammer for less. I'm not gonna make that hammer because it's common sense that the materials and 'R&D' are not worth the amount charged, and you can grab one from Bunnings for $2. Same deal with a voltage amplifier and plugging it into the circuit of the throttle module. My credibility stands firm because I am exercising common sense in how I spend my money - not blindly ripped off by a gimmick directed at people just like you.

Following from that logic, when I say a car isn't worth the money being paid for, my credibility will take a hammering unless I can build that car for less money. What?

As for what you just quoted me, I was referring to the fact that the D-TUK tune should have throttle sensitivity built into the software if it really is even half decent. THAT is further evidence of the redundancy of the pedalbox, when a simple software change is able to replicate what it does, essentially making component cost $0. I'm not sure you completely understand how drive-by-wire works.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 04:57 AM   #64
luster
Major
Rep

So, I installed my PedalBox today...

The box has 4 main programs

Program 1 - Sport
Program 2 - Agressive Sport
Program 3 - Economical
Program 4 - Moderate

Each program has 7 settings, Normal, +1, +2, +3, -1, -2, -3

Installing the device is fairly straight forward, you remove 1 screw on your accelerator pedal and plug the new Y harness into the original plug and into the pedal.

I immediately set the program to number 2 (Agressive Sport), +2.

Last weekend, I was at a bucks party, spent about $700 in a strip club, had a bit of a grin on my face for some of the night.

After driving my car with the PedalBOX, I had a much bigger grin, that lasts much longer - every time I drive the car.

Acceleration is CRAZY, the car FEELS like an angry beast, every time I accelerate, the biggest grin appears across my face.

This device does not make your car any faster, it doesn't add anymore power - BUT! It makes the car feel far more zippy, toey and ready to go.

For the $200+ that it costs, it is worth every penny. I spent more money on private shows that lasted less than an hour, but this thing will keep a smile on my face for a much longer time.

The box has 28 pre-programmed settings. This will even allow you to set the car to NANNY MODE with Setting 4 (Moderate), -3. Absolutely perfect for when the kids, valet or anybody borrowing the car.

----

For those that say its just a simple $2 device are ill-informed. There are 28 programs, each with a different power curve. The build quality of the PCB, the fact that it has OEM BMW connectors and full-colour instructions with 24/7 support from DTUK, its worth every cent.

Sure, when you break many products down to their most simply operative form, they can be said to be stupid, simple and overpriced. If you dont like it, can't afford it or think its overpriced, that's your problem - not that of the products'.

At the end of the day, you can choose what you spend your money on. If you want a car that feels like it is a monster, get a pedalbox. If you think electronics class at school can teach you to make one, you can do that too. If it is not something that interests you at all, thats fine too.

Last edited by luster; 11-17-2011 at 06:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #65
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Awesome review Luster, now that i am back....very keen to feel before/after

Lets meet soon in a dry day.
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #66
QLD
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luster View Post
For those that say its just a simple $2 device are ill-informed.
At the end of the day, you can choose what you spend your money on. If you want a car that feels like it is a monster, get a pedalbox. If you think electronics class at school can teach you to make one, you can do that too. If it is not something that interests you at all, thats fine too.
Great to see you weren't put off by some of the rubbish that's been written in here luster.

Sounds like the PB is a SprintBooster on steriods!! and let me tell you, the SB is magic... so this PB must be insane!

Great write up br0... keep up the fine work!

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0