E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Reminder: Watch you SPEED....

04-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Reminder: Watch you SPEED....

My wife just got her first speeding ticket in her life.
Driving the same speed she and everyone else does going down the 405 freeway everyday!

So, just a friendly reminder to keep your speed down for the next couple days as much as they will say it's not true, officers have those end of the month ticket quotas ("goals" or "expectations" they call it) to fill!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Driving the same speed she and everyone else does going down the 405 freeway everyday!

So, just a friendly reminder to keep your speed down for the next couple days as much as they will say it's not true, officers have those end of the month ticket quotas ("goals" or "expectations" they call it) to fill!
maybe try a good quality radar detector. i also think that officers have end of the month ticket quotas.:mad:

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
That sucks for your wife. Time to find a good ticket lawyer. Mine charges me $60 + i spend a day in court. I have yet to be found guilty. Nothing on my records.

As for radar detector I have one of the best. STI Driver by Beltronics its on the same level as the v1. Only problem is i just got a ticket with laser . Yes they detect it but by that time its already too late. Look into a good laser jammer.

Mat
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
hahah my lil brother just got his first ticket last night.. and wen he drives its granny status. LOL poor lil bro.. $300.
      04-28-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

I have the Passport 8500 X50.
But my wife doesn't use a radar detector.
Wouldn't of matter in this case anyway.
The officer drove up behind her and "paced" her.

She's usually quite good about watching the rear view but she had
her cousin and friend in the car so they were talking.

Internet traffic school for her, then I told her she can't go over 10 mph over the speed limit for the next 18 months.

Later all.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #6
BeeEmDubU
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 325i

How fast and where on the 405?
      04-29-2007, 01:06 AM   #7
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:

True that. Be careful on highways that normally don't have that many cops. I see more and more CHP's everyday near the end of every month because of these monthly quotas. Be on the lookout not only for speed but things like no front plates, tints, etc.
      04-29-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
i advise u just invest in a radar scanner, so this would never happen again (hopefully). but thats just what i would do. good luck bro
      04-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeEmDubU View Post
How fast and where on the 405?

By LAX.
She was taking a couple friends to the airport for a flight.
They were delayed a bit because of an accident on the freeway.
When traffic cleared, everybody sped up.
She happened to be in the fast lane.
80 in a 65.

I drive 80 every time I'm on the 405 and so does everybody else.
Funny though, she usually only goes 75, but because of the accident, she sped up a bit to "make up a bit of time" and the CHP got her.
Kinda of sucks though, even THEY drive 80 on the 405 when not on a call (in those rare instances you aren't going 10-20 mph ).

Again, it wasn't a radar bust, he came up behind her and "paced" her for a couple seconds.
She usually checks her mirror more often, but she was talking to her friends so was a bit distracted.
Oh well.

One of those tickets that probably wouldn't of happened in the first 3 weeks of the month.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #10
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Paced tickets are the worst. Its so hard to get a proper read you never know if the cop is being honest.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 12:46 PM   #11
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Paced tickets are the worst. Its so hard to get a proper read you never know if the cop is being honest.
I managed to recieve one of thoose... needless to say I got into an argument with the cop at the scene, I managed to get him to admit he "paced" me and that he was several hundred yards behind me. I got his badge number, filled a complaint on racisim (Ive been driving arround with a Star of David to hang up when I get pulled over). Got a good autorney, and now were going to court on the speeding ticket against a cop that has several negative points on his record now.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #12
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
I managed to recieve one of thoose... needless to say I got into an argument with the cop at the scene, I managed to get him to admit he "paced" me and that he was several hundred yards behind me. I got his badge number, filled a complaint on racisim (Ive been driving arround with a Star of David to hang up when I get pulled over). Got a good autorney, and now were going to court on the speeding ticket against a cop that has several negative points on his record now.

You deserve to be thrown in jail.
Sounds like you are the racist and a bit of a conman.
If he was a couple hundred yards back, how could he of seen what race you were and that you had a star of david in your car that you "hung up" only after being pulled over?

I hope you lose in court and he files a counter claim against you.
I'm sorry, but people like YOU who can't take responsibility for WHAT YOU DO, and then MAKE more trouble for others and society are scumbag bottom feeders. There are way too many people like you around and that's part of what makes so many people and our society so F---ed up.

Sorry all, don't mean to ruin my own thread, and am prepared for this childish loser to flame me, but I couldn't let his behavior go without commenting. I feel sorry for that police officer who he's now causing so much trouble for. He was probably just doing his job and is probably (like the VAST majority of cops, an upstanding guy trying to do good and protect and serve the society he patrols). He also probably has a family this punkass loser is now jeopardizing if he loses his job, for DOING his job!!

Anyway, had to vent, I won't get into an internet flame war with him, he's obviously not worth it!

Later.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #13
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Quote:
You deserve to be thrown in jail.
Sounds like you are the racist and a bit of a conman.
If he was a couple hundred yards back, how could he of seen what race you were and that you had a star of david in your car that you "hung up" only after being pulled over?

I hope you lose in court and he files a counter claim against you.
I'm sorry, but people like YOU who can't take responsibility for WHAT YOU DO, and then MAKE more trouble for others and society are scumbag bottom feeders. There are way too many people like you around and that's part of what makes so many people and our society so F---ed up.

Sorry all, don't mean to ruin my own thread, and am prepared for this childish loser to flame me, but I couldn't let his behavior go without commenting. I feel sorry for that police officer who he's now causing so much trouble for. He was probably just doing his job and is probably (like the VAST majority of cops, an upstanding guy trying to do good and protect and serve the society he patrols). He also probably has a family this punkass loser is now jeopardizing if he loses his job, for DOING his job!!

Anyway, had to vent, I won't get into an internet flame war with him, he's obviously not worth it!

Later.

You may view being a cop as a profession but I view it as being a bully. I live in a city with the highest crime rate in the nation, and the cops are scared to go into half the areas that need to be protected, they no longer "Protect and Serve" now they just mess arround with the wealthy to earn more revenue for the city and meet there quota. The police no longer respond to alarms in houses and they take usually about 1-2 hours to respond to a buglary call, half the time you dial 911 you are on hold for up to 30 minutes. So this cop that had the nerve to waste an hour of the cities well being and my time because he "paced me" desrves to lose his job, he is not a police officer he did nothing to "Protect and Serve" he just played traffic cop.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #14
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresaMat View Post
That sucks for your wife. Time to find a good ticket lawyer. Mine charges me $60 + i spend a day in court. I have yet to be found guilty. Nothing on my records.

As for radar detector I have one of the best. STI Driver by Beltronics its on the same level as the v1. Only problem is i just got a ticket with laser . Yes they detect it but by that time its already too late. Look into a good laser jammer.

Mat
60$ for a lawyer? Damn thats a deal, mine charges 450 each timeand hes my neighbor and gives me a deal, my friends have used him and he charges them around 525 for tickets.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0