E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Eisenmann Race Exhaust

06-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #1
DocSolis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 E92 335i Sport

Eisenmann Race Exhaust

Debating getting the Eisenmann Race exhaust, looking at about $2300. I currently have Cobb Stg 1 Agg. running on 93 oct. no other mods besides body stuff. I don't plan on getting aftermarket dps or going catless or anything else so seeing if its even worth paying the 2300 bucks for the exhaust. Will it even be a major upgrade in exhaust note with my current setup or is not worth it.I have heard the exhaust (videos only) and done some research but most of the stuff i find are pple with aftermarket dps and going catless using the race exhaust. Side note I don't mind the drone as long as it isn't ridiculously loud where i cant even speak to person sitting next to me. Let me know what think.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
shadow191
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

I have it with stock downpipes, jb4, and dci. The sound is very different from oem. I had catless downpipes, but swapped them back because my wife drives the car primarily and it was a little loud. Its still pretty loud now, a little drone but nothing too bad. Taking the cats out basically gave it more volume and there was more popping at low speeds. It sounded like a cammed v8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSolis View Post
Debating getting the Eisenmann Race exhaust, looking at about $2300. I currently have Cobb Stg 1 Agg. running on 93 oct. no other mods besides body stuff. I don't plan on getting aftermarket dps or going catless or anything else so seeing if its even worth paying the 2300 bucks for the exhaust. Will it even be a major upgrade in exhaust note with my current setup or is not worth it.I have heard the exhaust (videos only) and done some research but most of the stuff i find are pple with aftermarket dps and going catless using the race exhaust. Side note I don't mind the drone as long as it isn't ridiculously loud where i cant even speak to person sitting next to me. Let me know what think.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
DocSolis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 E92 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow191 View Post
I have it with stock downpipes, jb4, and dci. The sound is very different from oem. I had catless downpipes, but swapped them back because my wife drives the car primarily and it was a little loud. Its still pretty loud now, a little drone but nothing too bad. Taking the cats out basically gave it more volume and there was more popping at low speeds. It sounded like a cammed v8.
In your opinion is it worth the 2300$ since you have actually had similar setup (with the stock dps and catted) because my other option is the BMW pe one and plus its cheaper think Ive seen it for less than 1500 bucks on some websites. Did you have the 90mm or 102mm?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
shadow191
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

Well, I didn't purchase it. I bought the car with it installed. It did influence my decision though. I honestly probably wouldn't have spend $2300 on it myself. The quality is amazing and so is the sound, but it's still just an axle back. $2300 could buy you a full exhaust plus downpipes.

I have the 102mm tips.
Appreciate 0