E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > p0335/p0700/p1727 Crankshaft Sensor?

11-15-2017, 12:49 PM   #1
gfuller40
Rep
Drives: 2006 330ix

p0335/p0700/p1727 Crankshaft Sensor?

Hello all,

Today at work I went to take off for lunch so I got in my car and hit the start button. I experienced a very long crank followed by a start and then a yellow gear with an exclamation mark inside of it. Upon driving it felt like the car was locked in 2nd or 3rd gear and would not shift up or down. It would also not go into DS or M mode (it would physically but not read "DS" on the dash). I've done a bunch of research on the forums and have concluded that the crank position sensor should be replaced. Does this sound accurate to everyone? even with the tranny issues and dash light? I haven't seen anyone say that they had the gear light come on during this. If it's agreed that the issue is the CPS, is the procedure the same as the n54(http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737210)? I just don't want to get into anything I will regret and have to have the car towed anyway. I've done the water pump, some weird damn ring under the steering wheel that caused the AWD & blinkers not to work/reset so I'm somewhat mechanically inclined.

Thank you for your input!
Appreciate 0