E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Springs with Stock Shocks

09-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #23
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

magna is correct, overall performance is degraded but Im not a track junky. I just like the confidence the springs give me when turning

Prior to my HR XI springs, the body roll/feeling of over turning into the shoulder was ridiculous. BMW really effed up the XI suspension, unlike that of the I

I am sure your right, on a track overall performance would be garbage, however for my everday use its sufficient. In another 6-9 mos I will be getting KW V3s anyways so until that time I will ride 'dirty'
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #24
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spman montego

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
+1
      09-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #25
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipersix View Post
it lowers the center of gravity, therefore u get better turning handling. And since you are on sport suspension, you are in a better situation than I am in. So, you will have no problem switching on H&R springs. I would get H&R sport though. It would provide u the perfect drop, and enough clearance to go through humps.

The only difference when you lower your car is that, when u hit pot holes, u really feel them. But, that is the price u pay for lowering ur suspension.
Whats the difference between H&R Sport Springs w/ OEM Non-sport shocks and H&R Sport Springs w/ OEM SPORT Shocks?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2008, 03:07 AM   #26
heyitzalex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Macan S

this is setup with oem shocks, combined with run flats make potholes feel ridiculous. I am pretty sure if you switch out the run flats to a regular tire, pot holes won't feel as bad. Of course, shocks would be nice too.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #27
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE92 View Post
Whats the difference between H&R Sport Springs w/ OEM Non-sport shocks and H&R Sport Springs w/ OEM SPORT Shocks?
GUYS THE XI DOES NOT COME WITH SPORT SHOCKS OR ANY SPORT SUSPENSION!!!!!

OMG TALK ABOUT BEATING A DEAD HORSE!!!!!

XI DOES NOT come with sport suspension, you CANNOT get a sport suspension on the XI!!!

AND YOU ONLY GET THE OIL COOLER IF YOU GET ZSP AND 18'' WHEELS BOTH!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #28
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjafari View Post
GUYS THE XI DOES NOT COME WITH SPORT SHOCKS OR ANY SPORT SUSPENSION!!!!!

OMG TALK ABOUT BEATING A DEAD HORSE!!!!!

XI DOES NOT come with sport suspension, you CANNOT get a sport suspension on the XI!!!

AND YOU ONLY GET THE OIL COOLER IF YOU GET ZSP AND 18'' WHEELS BOTH!!!!!!
Correct! The xi' suspension is it's own. It is not the same as the standard suspension and it is definately NOT a sport suspension.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #29
Sullyz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328XI Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineMotorworks View Post
Unfortunately, Koni does not make shocks for Xi BMWs.

As for using aftermarket springs with stock shocks, it's been done before and it continues to be done. In my opinion, a spring like the H&R spring which lowers the Xi coupe 1.3" in the front and 1.2" in the rear is fine for the stock shocks. Unless you track your car or drive it like you stole it every day, there is no need to upgrade shocks.

With that said, I personally would not run a car with aftermarket springs without aftermarket shocks. That's my opinion though. I figure if I'm going to swap out suspension, I might as well replace everything. I have lots of customers just running aftermarket springs with no problems.
What do you suggest for a 328XI Coupe for shocks/struts to compliment a set of H&R Springs?

thanks