E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds > Sharper Image Gift cards

04-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
nasdakboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i coupe

Sharper Image Gift cards

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
What's up fellas. So I have 3 Sharper Image gift cards. 2 worth $80 each with full $80 on them, the third $80 gift card has a balance of $4.02. Not sure if anyone shops there, but I was going to get some outdoor speakers for my home but my friend who installs home theatre's and surround sound systems, got me some nice outdoor speakers and a receiver which he's going to install in my garage. I prefer to get some cash to buy some additional components. Let me know if anyone is interested in them. Make me an offer. I'm probably never going to use them now and like I said, I'd much rather have the money for something I need rather than just use them to buy something I really don't. Thanks guys. Feel free to e-mail me as well at nasdakboy@gmail.com

Bryan

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdakboy View Post
What's up fellas. So I have 3 Sharper Image gift cards. 2 worth $80 each with full $80 on them, the third $80 gift card has a balance of $4.02. Not sure if anyone shops there, but I was going to get some outdoor speakers for my home but my friend who installs home theatre's and surround sound systems, got me some nice outdoor speakers and a receiver which he's going to install in my garage. I prefer to get some cash to buy some additional components. Let me know if anyone is interested in them. Make me an offer. I'm probably never going to use them now and like I said, I'd much rather have the money for something I need rather than just use them to buy something I really don't. Thanks guys. Feel free to e-mail me as well at nasdakboy@gmail.com

Bryan
I thought these gift cards were no longer valid when they filed for bankruptcy?
I saw it on the news (not that the news is 100% accurate)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
I thought these gift cards were no longer valid when they filed for bankruptcy?
I saw it on the news (not that the news is 100% accurate)
I was thinking about that, either they are no longer valid or will be very soon, couldn't remember which. Iirc rivalling stores were planning to swap sharper image gift cards for store discounts.

edit:

Quote:
Gadget-seller Sharper Image Corp., which filed for bankruptcy protection last month, will start accepting customer gift cards again, but with some conditions.

The San Francisco company will accept gift cards only if customers spend all the money on the card at one time and also buy something that costs twice as much as the value of the gift card. So if customers want to use a $25 gift card, they have to buy something worth at least $50.

Sharper Image will not accept any partial gift card use, though it said it may do so later.

Sharper Image (Pink Sheets: SHRP) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Feb. 19. It has 184 stores, with several in the Bay Area, including one at Pleasanton's Stoneridge shopping center and the Great Mall in Milpitas.
Seems kosher. Apologies to the OP, but buyers please heed the new conditions. Best to check with your local retail outlet for 100% clarification.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post
I was thinking about that, either they are no longer valid or will be very soon, couldn't remember which. Iirc rivalling stores were planning to swap sharper image gift cards for store discounts.

edit:

Seems kosher. Apologies to the OP, but buyers please heed the new conditions. Best to check with your local retail outlet for 100% clarification.
props for doing the research and helping forum members understand what they are purchasing, I'm sure if you guys didn't chime in then the buyer would have got screwed.
      04-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Here's their official rules:

SHARPER IMAGE CORPORATION:

CUSTOMER & MERCHANDISE GIFT CARD POLICY

1. This policy is purely voluntary. It applies to all Gift Cards, Reward Cards, Gift Certificates and Merchandise Certificates issued prior to the Company's petition for protection under chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code (February 19, 2008).

2. If you choose to redeem your card/certificate, you must purchase merchandise equal to twice the current value of the card/certificate in order to redeem it.

3. If you choose to redeem your card/certificate, you may not redeem a partial amount. Cards/certificates must be redeemed in full.

4. How does it work? If you have a $25 card/certificate, you must purchase at least $50 to be able to use it. If you have partially used your card/certificate before March 7, 2008, you must spend twice the remaining balance.

5. A Customer who does not wish to redeem his or her card/certificate as part of this program may have a priority claim in Sharper Image's bankruptcy case. In a bankruptcy case, priority unsecured claims get paid prior to general unsecured claims, although there is no assurance of payment. Information about filing a claim and claim forms can be obtained on the following website:

www.kccllc.net/sharperimage

or by calling the following number: 800.344.5555

6. Sharper Image is working diligently to be able to honor the cards/certificates without condition in the future. A Customer who does not use his or her card/certificate as part of this program may be able to use it without condition in the future, although Sharper Image cannot guaranty this result. This policy is subject to further order of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.

7. Cards/certificates may not be accepted at stores that are closing, unless notified at the particular store to the contrary. For those Customers who do not live near a store remaining open, the cards/certificates can be redeemed under this policy by calling 1.800.344.4444.
Appreciate 0