E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Need some legal advice..

06-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Need some legal advice..

Anybody know a good attorney/ lawyer or case manager that I could speak to for about 5 minutes or so? Just need some legal advice on a matter and mine is out of town on vacation...
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Jagjit (Jag) Matto tel:253-332-4879

My uncle stand up guy.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Are there no other lawyers in your attorney's firm? Surely for simple question they can help you and as your guy is partnered with them, I would think he trusts them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post

My uncle stand up guy.
Just got off the phone with him, really great guy. Answered all my questions regarding the situation... We need more people like him in that profession.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Are there no other lawyers in your attorney's firm? Surely for simple question they can help you and as your guy is partnered with them, I would think he trusts them.
I did but they didn't seem to know what they were talking about...
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post

My uncle stand up guy.
Just got off the phone with him, really great guy. Answered all my questions regarding the situation... We need more people like him in that profession.
Good to hear he's doing his job haha
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
I did but they didn't seem to know what they were talking about...
Really? Were I, for a specialized topic on which I needed to rely on a trained professional such as an accountant or attorney, and speaking to a partner in the same firm as the guy/gal I normally work with, able to tell that the partner with whom I spoke doesn't know what they are talking about, I would also have very serious concerns about the partner with whom I normally did business.

The axiom about birds of a feather flocking together can fairly reliably be applied to partners in professional services firms such as law firms, medical practices and accountancies. Moreover, any partner in such a firm who speaks with you and who doesn't fully understand the subject matter has an ethical obligation to simply say so directly. Based on what you said alone, there is either a shortage of ethics or a shortage of profession subject matter knowledge. I wouldn't care to continue to be exposed tot he negative aspects of either of those causes. I would stop dealing with any member of that firm.

I presume that's what you are doing since you asked the question. But I'm not sure because you also mentioned that the attorney you normally use is on vacation. Once I'd discovered the stuff I mentioned above, his vacation status would be irrelevant because I wouldn't be contacting him when he returns home.

I don't know what type of attorney you need, but perhaps one of the firms noted here has the type you need. ( http://www.lawandpolitics.com/washin...09f2b52d0.html )

Best of luck.

PS
The only firm I know of in your area is Perkins Coie. They have a broad range of practice areas and their professionals are of the highest caliber. I haven't directly engaged them for any services, but one of their partners participated in a meeting of which I was a part. If your matter is "garden variety," I'm sure it won't mater with which attorney you speak at the firm so long as it's their practice area. Barring that, if nobody local to you comes up with a name for you, I wouldn't mind inquiring of the attorney I work with from time to time at Williams and Connolly here in DC if he knows someone of similarly high quality in Seattle with whom you might engage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Really? Were I, for a specialized topic on which I needed to rely on a trained professional such as an accountant or attorney, and speaking to a partner in the same firm as the guy/gal I normally work with, able to tell that the partner with whom I spoke doesn't know what they are talking about, I would also have very serious concerns about the partner with whom I normally did business.

The axiom about birds of a feather flocking together can fairly reliably be applied to partners in professional services firms such as law firms, medical practices and accountancies. Moreover, any partner in such a firm who speaks with you and who doesn't fully understand the subject matter has an ethical obligation to simply say so directly. Based on what you said alone, there is either a shortage of ethics or a shortage of profession subject matter knowledge. I wouldn't care to continue to be exposed tot he negative aspects of either of those causes. I would stop dealing with any member of that firm.

I presume that's what you are doing since you asked the question. But I'm not sure because you also mentioned that the attorney you normally use is on vacation. Once I'd discovered the stuff I mentioned above, his vacation status would be irrelevant because I wouldn't be contacting him when he returns home.

I don't know what type of attorney you need, but perhaps one of the firms noted here has the type you need. ( http://www.lawandpolitics.com/washin...09f2b52d0.html )

Best of luck.

PS
The only firm I know of in your area is Perkins Coie. They have a broad range of practice areas and their professionals are of the highest caliber. I haven't directly engaged them for any services, but one of their partners participated in a meeting of which I was a part. If your matter is "garden variety," I'm sure it won't mater with which attorney you speak at the firm so long as it's their practice area. Barring that, if nobody local to you comes up with a name for you, I wouldn't mind inquiring of the attorney I work with from time to time at Williams and Connolly here in DC if he knows someone of similarly high quality in Seattle with whom you might engage.
Thanks! I'll keep them in mind for future occasions as well..
Appreciate 0