E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Gearbox Oil Change

Closed Thread

04-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
manyakaza
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 320i Exclusive Model

Gearbox Oil Change

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
So today I decided to change my gearbox oil as the last change was last year aroun March.

I gave it a shot this morning while the gearbox was still cold to avoid burning my hands.

I first started by removing the filling plug, put my finger in and the oil level was low. I then removed the draining plug and guess what, a very dark oil was flushing out.
I waited for the oil to drain out and put back the draining plug, and started to pump oil into the filling hole till it flows out.
My question is, after how many KM must I change this oil to avoid this black nonsense which I saw???
The car is now shifting much better.

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
KnoxDawg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328i

This is totally in the wrong section. This section is items for sale.