E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 1 extended crank.....normal? fuel pump?

10-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #23
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Most definitely not the Procede, which has actually ran without a hiccup

My point is, Im so sick of everyone running to this board and spreading this sky is falling mentality. I know about 10+ guys up here with 335s and not one has had a fuel pump issue. Not saying it doesnt happen, but I think everyones first response to an extra crank is "uh oh" my fuel up is f'd up. The guy even said that hes paranoid because he has a tune. He's another guy spreading the tune = fuel pump problem hysteria.

I have 18000 miles already, 17000 of which has been with a tune. How many times has my car taken a few cranks to start? Well depends on the weather of course.

And if you think that Ive never been flamed on a board, you got another thing coming

Well then we have opposite issues with tunes Im just saying hold your breath and dont post what you want to say sometimes... Going back to that old saying of if you have nothing nice to say... Not that i follow that and i am a hipocrite sometimes so im just on a good day today
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 01:48 AM   #24
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
Well then we have opposite issues with tunes Im just saying hold your breath and dont post what you want to say sometimes... Going back to that old saying of if you have nothing nice to say... Not that i follow that and i am a hipocrite sometimes so im just on a good day today
I figure a few more bans and youll be back to normal
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 01:51 AM   #25
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
I figure a few more bans and youll be back to normal
You sound like a school teacher..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #26
sal501
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.K. View Post
Here is the deal. I have a 2008 335i. April build.

I have 5500 miles on the car. I have had no fuel pump issues at all, i have a little less than a quarter tank of gas in the car and it is a mix of 93 and 100 octane. The car has been sitting for about a day and a half without the car being started or driven and it has been cold lately here in the northeast.

I get in the car and put my key in step on the brake and push the button and instead of it instantly starting up it cranked a little for like a split second (very short) and started right up like normal. Im a little paranoid about the fuel pump issue, because I have a tune (14-15 psi), DP's, DCI, FMIC and run 100 octane a bunch.

I think this was normal because I had only 60 miles to empty with a low amount of gas and the car had sat for a while (about 2 days) and I have barely driven my car this past week due to me being sick. Once again I have had no issues and apon cold start up i ALWAYS let the car warm up and dont go above 3krpm in any gear until the oil temp is above ~180/190 degrees.....

I am also going to change my oil within the next week on the car the car also due to this circumstance arising, I know I should of changed it earlier but it has been extremely busy in the financial world for the business i work in.

What do you guys think??
My car did one long crank for 3 seconds and 10 minutes later died on the freeway. Sure enough it was the HPFP. There is no rhyme or reason to how the HPFF fails, if it is cranking long or rough idling, decide between towing you car to stealership or driving it yourself proactively!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #27
M.A.C.K.
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

By rough idling you mean?? because the my car has a vibration while at idle, but i thought that was normal with all cars........??
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #28
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: TT

mack, my fuel pump failed already and i sometimes get a longer crank when its super cold
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #29
M.A.C.K.
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrokin330 View Post
mack, my fuel pump failed already and i sometimes get a longer crank when its super cold
ok cool.........
Appreciate 0