E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong Meet Thread #2

Closed Thread

02-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #89
little_croco
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phawx View Post
Ohh nice nice, I must have lost you when I turned into the gas station to fill up at that roundabout in Stanley/Repulse bay area. My tail kicked out on the second 90 deg left turn corner after I split off from the carousel, forcing me to countersteer... and I was only driving at a comfortable 70%, then I just drove at 50% and everything was fine...
with our heavy body, we need to be extra careful when the road is wet

i am still getting mixed comments about AD08, but so far no positive ones from bimmer owners yet...
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1

Last edited by little_croco; 02-06-2010 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #90
Suri_
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Megane RS250 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_croco View Post
btw, I am thinking about a lunch meet for 新春行大運 on 初八 14/2 Sunday. any suggestions are welcome. currently in my mind for the place to meet & eat:

1. Elements
2. Times Square
3. Cyberport
4. Science Park

let me know, i will send out details next week before CNY.

14/2 should be 初一

Finally I know how to go Shek O
Pretty scary(to me) but still having fun.
and,on the way to home I followed Hill and it was heavy rain,we were pretty fast but my AD08 still fine
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #91
JCC
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e93 323i

Garage List
08 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
phawx, yap, finally. nice meeting you.

no sorry at all. i was also planned to turn left for some twists on the south, but changed my mind due to the wet roads.

next time

JCC, also nice meeting you finally this morning!
Hey guys and gals, it was great fun meeting y'all this morning, let's do it again soon, I hope to get to chat with all of you at the next meet!!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #92
little_croco
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [6.00]
sorry, my mistake.

Should be 21/2 Sunday.

Quote:
btw, I am thinking about a lunch meet for 新春行大運 on 初八 21/2 Sunday. any suggestions are welcome. currently in my mind for the place to meet & eat:

1. Elements
2. Times Square
3. Cyberport
4. Science Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri_ View Post
14/2 should be 初一

and,on the way to home I followed Hill and it was heavy rain,we were pretty fast but my AD08 still fine
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #93
E93DT
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
2009 E93 Cabrio  [0.00]
Smile

Quote:
sorry, my mistake.

Should be 21/2 Sunday.
Looking forward it …!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #94
phawx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92/FG2

Quote:
with our heavy body, we need to be extra careful when the road is wet

i am still getting mixed comments about AD08, but so far no positive ones from bimmer owners yet...
Well I have yet to truly test the limits of AD08, but compared to the stock runflats these tires are quite an improvement! I have no complaints, cos I can push my car a lot harder with confidence (just that at the same time I don't feel the speed in our cars as much). For me I think it's more the stock suspension being a little bit too soft and bouncy that's really giving me a little bit of trouble.

Quote:
sorry, my mistake.

Should be 21/2 Sunday.
Times Square?! Ohh... well I guess at 6 a.m. traffic should be pretty minimal. Any of those locations are fine with me, but I guess it'll depend on what route we're taking!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #95
elac
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
btw, I am thinking about a lunch meet for 新春行大運 on 初八 14/2 Sunday. any suggestions are welcome. currently in my mind for the place to meet & eat:

1. Elements
2. Times Square
3. Cyberport
4. Science Park

1. Elements --- too close to KLN west, how to 行大運?
2. Times Square --- Sunday in Times Square? No la...
3. Cyberport --- Any good restaurant at their? I only know the Meridien which is only good for .....
4. Science Park --- It seems the only choice we have should be Science Park. From KLN west to SP, long enough for 行大運. Cheap & plenty car park space. Most important is near Suri ma!

Quote:
You see she don't know much about HK island, so we better have 行大運 in KLN or NT, be gentleman ok?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #96
E93DT
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
2009 E93 Cabrio  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elac View Post
3. Cyberport --- Any good restaurant at their? I only know the Meridien which is only good for .....
4. Science Park --- It seems the only choice we have should be Science Park. From KLN west to SP, long enough for 行大運. Cheap & plenty car park space. Most important is near Suri ma!

You see she don't know much about HK island, so we better have 行大運 in KLN or NT, be gentleman ok?

then,, 行大運 should be KLN -> HK -> NT...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #97
Black Pig
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 320i

It was very nice to see everyone yesterday morning........

Front Lip
Luckily I just found a little bit scratch on my Hamann carbon replica front lip……..but this may make me to think twice if I should install the SACHS suspension……as it makes the car lower for 30mm…….may have difficulty even I drive back to my home car park……

Breakfast
I found the breakfast served in the Shek O restaurant was worse than the 鹿頸發記……don’t know why….anyone agree with me?

新春行大運 on 初八
I am not sure if I can come on初八 or not but if we go to Elements or Times Square in noon time then it may not be possible la….too crowd la….

Gathering place in HK Island
We may need to find a better place to gather everyone…..for more than 15 cars…..yesterday morning was really similar to the Mongkok gangs….hahahaaa……

Last edited by Black Pig; 02-07-2010 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #98
Black Pig
Private
Hong Kong
Rep

To LC: Thanks so much for organizing a SMD in the HK side….it was really fun!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #99
Suri_
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Megane RS250 CUP

Quote:

I agreed with you at first,but after that I realize that...maybe I'm not the only reason you said this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pig View Post

Front Lip
Luckily I just found a little bit scratch on my Hamann carbon replica front lip……..but this may make me to think twice if I should install the SACHS suspension……as it makes the car lower for 30mm…….may have difficult even I drive back to my home car park……

Breakfast
I found the breakfast served in the Shek O restaurant was worse than the 鹿頸發記……don’t know why….anyone agree with me?

新春行大運 on 初八
I am not sure if I can come on初八 or not but if we go to Elements or Times Square in noon time then it may not be possible la….too crowd la….

We may need to find a better place to gather everyone…..for more than 15 cars…..yesterday morning was really similar to the Mongkok gangs….hahahaaa……
Agreeeeeeeeeed!The ''ng zan meat'' tasted weird...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #100
elac
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M5

Haha..... of course I cannot said because I am so near Science Park.

Anyway, SP is easy to arrange:
Big space for group photo,
Big & cheap car park,
Chinese restaurant inside is OK or we can even have open space BBQ buffet. (However, food quality is soso, don't expect too much!)
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=13025
http://www.openrice.com/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=27162

Last edited by elac; 02-07-2010 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #101
JC/E93
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93 323i Space Grey/Beige

Garage List
2008 E93 323i  [0.00]
1997 Z3  [0.00]
Quote:

To me, it is already a great party of over 15 Bimmers.

Nice to meet you all.

LOL Yes, I have the same impression that we behaved like MK gangsters yesterday morning (but sort of over-aged...) , especially when we reached the highways. I have observed some hazardous snapshots indeed...

In fact, I was a bit surprised, hardly could I follow you guys with full power, gears and mods with my original intact low horsepower E93 323i

Yet...I found it quite exciting.... as to a safe/slow driver like me.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #102
phawx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Front Lip
Luckily I just found a little bit scratch on my Hamann carbon replica front lip……..but this may make me to think twice if I should install the SACHS suspension……as it makes the car lower for 30mm…….may have difficulty even I drive back to my home car park……

Breakfast

新春行大運 on 初八

Hey Black Pig, nice to meet you, and thanks for leading the way into Shek O!! I think you should still get Sachs, or something even more aggressive... I saw ur rear right side lift up when you went thru that chicane while following the marked lines (glad there was no opposite traffic so I took their space for my line).

btw, please send me your contact for the CF parts!!! Thanks!!

Quote:

Big & cheap car park,
Chinese restaurant inside is OK or we can even have open space BBQ buffet. (However, food quality is soso, don't expect too much!)
I'd be happy to go to Science Park - in fact I went there for yum cha after a 1/2 hr nap yesterday! LOL... I usually go there quite a bit for photoshooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC/E93 View Post

To me, it is already a great party of over 15 Bimmers.

Nice to meet you all.

LOL Yes, I have the same impression that we behaved like MK gangsters yesterday morning (but sort of over-aged...) , especially when we reached the highways. I have observed some hazardous snapshots indeed...

In fact, I was a bit surprised, hardly could I follow you guys with full power, gears and mods with my original intact low horsepower E93 323i

Yet...I found it quite exciting.... as to a safe/slow driver like me.
Well we behaved a little more civilized than MK gangsters, and I'm sure they're not usually as composed on the mountain passes as we all were. Don't worry, my car is completely stock as well and I don't think I want any more power mods!! I'll hang back with you! Well on the highway I will... at least until I reach the mountain pass twisties
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #103
Black Pig
Private
Hong Kong
Rep

Hey Phawx,

Please check the following website: http://www.smartplus.hk/

I am not going to promote this company as advertisment here.....but if you are interested please pm me and I will give you the contact......and don't trust the price marked on the website....those prices are for overseas market....we can negotiate with better offer....and I may help you to get better offer as I told them I may introduce to my friends if their product is good.....

By the way, when you saw my rear right side lift up......do you mean you saw my rear right wheel was not touching the ground? I thought the speed wasn't high when we passing thru the chicane.....were we? If yes, then I should really consider getting the SACHS again........
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 01:51 AM   #104
little_croco
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [6.00]
Quote:
I agreed with you at first,but after that I realize that...maybe I'm not the only reason you said this
Quote:

Big & cheap car park,
Suri, most of us know elac very well... I really find no surprise he prefers SP...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #105
little_croco
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [6.00]
same here, we had a good turn out yesterday MD. real fun with our civilised bimmer lovers

don't refer ourselves to MK gangs, as they are even more crazy on the road....

To BlackPig: the scratches are only because you are still new to the front lip, drive more then you will be more used to it to avoid further damages... anyway, as said, front lip is installed for scratches, no bother Suspension is to make you more confident on those bends, not to mention for a better look at lowering.

Last edited by little_croco; 02-08-2010 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 02:00 AM   #106
little_croco
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [6.00]
For our CNY gathering:

What I am planning now is to gather for lunch first, then perhaps phototaking and cruise afterwards.

Science Park is a good choice (not just because it is close to Suri... oops, should be elac)

From Science Park, we can then go north onto the highway, take a tour around NT then end at Kowloon West.

Any other suggestions?

I will setup calendar in e90post in the next day or two, so that we can quickly tally up headcount for restaurant booking. We have only less than 2 weeks to set it up.

Do come here to check out latest progress.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #107
phawx
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hey Phawx,

Please check the following website: http://www.smartplus.hk/

I am not going to promote this company as advertisment here.....but if you are interested please pm me and I will give you the contact......and don't trust the price marked on the website....those prices are for overseas market....we can negotiate with better offer....and I may help you to get better offer as I told them I may introduce to my friends if their product is good.....

By the way, when you saw my rear right side lift up......do you mean you saw my rear right wheel was not touching the ground? I thought the speed wasn't high when we passing thru the chicane.....were we? If yes, then I should really consider getting the SACHS again........
Thanks Black Pig! I'll check it out and let you know.

Ya, your rear right wheel lifted off a little, well, for a slight moment due to a huge amount of body roll... After all, the way you went through the chicane can be counted as a "Scandinavian Flick" lol (smooth right and a quick left)!

From what I could see, u didn't have much traction in the back at that point, I'm sure your DTC went on. I think BBK and PSS10 will definitely be required for my purpose! I'm thinking the tail-happiness has a little bit to do with the overly compliant suspension...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:29 AM   #108
jtcl
Love my F32!
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 Estroil Blue II

Garage List
2007 E90 323iA  [0.00]
Quote:
For our CNY gathering:

What I am planning now is to gather for lunch first, then perhaps phototaking and cruise afterwards..
What photo taking sin?......only car is boring woh..

We need something that even T, find interesting.......

Quote:
Science Park is a good choice (not just because it is close to Suri... oops, should be elac)

From Science Park, we can then go north onto the highway, take a tour around NT then end at Kowloon West.

Any other suggestions?

I will setup calendar in e90post in the next day or two, so that we can quickly tally up headcount for restaurant booking. We have only less than 2 weeks to set it up.

Do come here to check out latest progress.
Good, I never been to Science Park for lunch / dinner... Actually, wouldn't it be good that we start earlier, lunch, then activities? Less car, more space....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:36 AM   #109
Black Pig
Private
Hong Kong
Rep

Thanks Phawx......

"Scandinavian Flick"....sounds like the steering technique using in rally racing....hahahaa.....if my car didn't have much traction at that time....maybe it was also related to my tyres......

Maybe I should replace the AD08 from my current Hankok S1EVO before the SACHS.....hahahaaa...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #110
phawx
Private First Class
Rep

Haha... yea, it looked exactly like the rally move... most people use it for inertial drifts as well (but our bimmers can probably do power oversteer with the amount of torque we got!!)
Tires will make a huge difference too! But so far I can't say I'm 100% convinced about how great AD08 is... tho they are quite good, they don't feel as "magical" as when I switched to RE01-R on my old Civic, or when I got my new Dunlop Z1* on my TT...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread