E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Front windshield replacement

05-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
DrPMR
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Front windshield replacement

I've been driving around with two small cracks in my windshield since January. I'm extremely meticulous with my things and these cracks are driving me nuts! I know I can go through my insurance to get the windshield replaced. However, the last time I got a windshield replaced on my previous vehicle (F150), the insurance company recommended me to use Safelight. I was extremely dissatisfied with the service I received. The guy was dripping sweat all over my seats, dash, and steering wheel. He left my car an absolute mess with rubber shavings all over it. Along with all of that, he left my rear view mirror hanging off. I will never recommend, let alone use them ever again. With all of this, is there anyone in the Tampa or its surrounding areas that anyone would recommend that is clean and courteous and will treat my car with respect and do the job right the first time? I'd prefer to hear from people who have used the company they are recommending. For the money I spent on my car, and all of its technology, I don't want some dingbat to be touching my car.

I'm sorry for the long post for a simple question, but thanks in advance for any responses!

Cheers,
Paul
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
bernjee82
cibai kia!
United_States
Rep
Drives: el coche

i am about to get mine replaced, my sa at reeves recommended a shop, mikes auto glass. ill let you know how it went.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
DrPMR
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernjee82 View Post
i am about to get mine replaced, my sa at reeves recommended a shop, mikes auto glass. ill let you know how it went.
Was it Ron that recommended that guy? Definitely let me know man! I appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

safelight as in safelite? i used safelite and they did an awesome job b4 my return. and their pricing for the replacement was waaay cheaper than other places that i received a quote from.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
bernjee82
cibai kia!
United_States
Rep
Drives: el coche

no wasnt ron, ill let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPMR View Post
Was it Ron that recommended that guy? Definitely let me know man! I appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
DrPMR
Private
Rep

Yes, safelite, sorry my auto spell check corrected it.
Appreciate 0