E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Is this all the performance parts?

09-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #23
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Yeah Terrance I believe has the meth setup that I want. The basic coolingmist kit for $300. Then a toggle switch inside the cabin for an on/off.

DIY?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #24
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
I was mainly trying to make a list of best bang for the buck and dealer hidden stuff.

Tune is easy. Intake ($180) and air scoops ($39) are also easy but reversible. Meth is also cheap at ($300) and offers alot of bang. These are all hidden from the dealer.

Downpipes and fmic are very expensive and not easily hidden. So a fmic and downpipe might be the next best thing, but not if your looking to save or trying to look stock.

I will have to look up some more info on the fmic though.
probably no one is gonna notice your upgraded intercooler - especially the ICs that us the stock IC charge pipes.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #25
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
Lots of times you'll be able to pickup a used FMIC for maybe just a bit less in the For Sale section here .... $600 & up generally speaking for the good stuff.
Terrance is the man to ask about the meth .......... I just stand there and drool looking at the setup.
stop drooling and just install a methanol kit !
... it can be hidden reasonably well.... the BMS (coolingmist) basic kit is easily reversible.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #26
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

i just saw that someone beat me to both (above) posts
Appreciate 0