E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Bling watches

07-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #155
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
What a great way to start a watch collection mate, love the submariners. They are one of the most simply and elegant watches out there. Congrats!
Thanks Chris, I see the one in your safe is slowly but surely turning vintage
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #156
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: muzza-tastic cruiser

Congrats on the purchase,
absolutely ballin'
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #157
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenscyr View Post
Congrats on the purchase,
absolutely ballin'
Thanks dude, loving it!!!
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 01:47 AM   #158
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Nice one. You have a real classic there!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 01:50 AM   #159
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
Nice one. You have a real classic there!
Thanks John
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 03:46 AM   #160
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

And here's some of her birthday clothes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #161
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

Nice

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #162
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
Nice
Thanks mate!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #163
kimbo
Private
Australia
Rep

hey guys,

Just been reading all your post and it sounds like you guys all have amazing watches! Unfortunately I'll never be able to afford those kind of watches so im green with envy! I'll stick to my Seiko

Anyways I wanted to get my gf a watch for her bday which is coming up.
I cant afford much so would have to stick to a reasonable priced watch. I know she wanted couples watch from omega.. but im pretty sure thats way out of my price range.

Any suggestions on couple watches similar to the one MO3 posted.. (if im going to get her one i might as well find something for me too )
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #164
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
hey guys,

Just been reading all your post and it sounds like you guys all have amazing watches! Unfortunately I'll never be able to afford those kind of watches so im green with envy! I'll stick to my Seiko

I cant afford much so would have to stick to a reasonable priced watch. I know she wanted couples watch from omega.. but im pretty sure thats way out of my price range.

Any suggestions on couple watches similar to the one MO3 posted.. (if im going to get her one i might as well find something for me too )

I don't know your budget, but if you are after something decent for a good price there is a massive range available to choose from in the city Tag store. Omega is a step above in price range so once again it depends on how much you want to fork out. Imo i would go Tag as they have all price points and are of good quality.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 01:45 AM   #165
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
hey guys,

True Chris, also with the strong dollar look up reputed international grey sellers for new watches. Heard good things about alanfurman.com and there are a lot more. You could get an Omega Constellation for your gf which surely looks pretty but those would set you back a few thousand dollars. Watches, especially mechanical and pricey ones, being more a guy thing, women normally don't appreciate the price differential as much as a pair of diamond earrings or a big rock
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 01:47 AM   #166
kimbo
Private
Australia
Rep

Hey Chris,

Yeah I was thinking of dropping by that shop at lunch time but thought i'll see if anyone had recommendations on watches here first.. I dont want to go in and get sold something really crappy

Anyways have you been to the Tag outlet just around the corner? are the prices and different?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #167
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Btw some pics of my vintage 1680 red sub with a NATO strap I changed to,a different look from the steel bracelet.
Attached Images

Last edited by cruvon; 07-27-2011 at 02:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #168
kimbo
Private
Australia
Rep

My brother is going to the US in a few weeks, so might get him to check out some watches while his there as well. He told last time that he saw a couple of Tags and Omegas in Costco and Macys for about $500 AUD. Can you trust those shops?

Anyways I reckon that new strap gives it a military kind of look. Different and nice!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 02:06 AM   #169
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My brother is going to the US in a few weeks, so might get him to check out some watches while his there as well. He told last time that he saw a couple of Tags and Omegas in Costco and Macys for about $500 AUD. Can you trust those shops?

Anyways I reckon that new strap gives it a military kind of look. Different and nice!
Costco and Macys are big so you sure can trust them. Look up the model you like maybe at the dealers here, note the reference number and tell your brother to pick it up for you in the US. These stores might also stock run out models which would sell for less. Alternatively dealers like the link I posted are grey dealers who sell originals even cheaper then US authorised prices in the US because they import from overseas but you will have to check the terms for international warranty with them. Also beware of the replica watch sites on the web.

Thanks, yupz, gives it a very different look n feel for a 38 year old watch

Last edited by cruvon; 07-27-2011 at 02:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #170
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep

If hes going overseas and your worried about buying fake stuff

ask him to grab them through duty free
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #171
kimbo
Private
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the info guys.

Anyways have any of you guys been to the Costco here in Sydney? Apparrently they have some high end watches as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #172
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys.

Anyways have any of you guys been to the Costco here in Sydney? Apparrently they have some high end watches as well.
Never been, where they at in Oz? Thought were only in Melbourne.

Last edited by cruvon; 07-27-2011 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #173
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Most expensive luxury watches

http://luxatic.com/top-29-most-expen...tches-in-2010/
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #174
Rivenscyr
Captain
Australia
Rep

think costco is in auburn

drove past it a few times
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 02:11 AM   #175
GT1977
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i DCT

Today's Financial Review has the annual Watch liftout magazine inside the normal magazine. Check it out, there are some amazing watches in there.

Black ceramic and everose gold Rolex Cosmograph Daytona anyone???
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #176
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Kimbo! If i were you i would go to Tag and look at which model/s you like then go to the watch store in Queen Victoria Building (street level, ground floor) and get them to give you 30-40% off. I was looking at a Tag watch a while ago that had some bling, just looking and before i even said anything i was offered a discount. I decided to see where this would go...40% off LOL! I strongly recommend going to multi watch brand dealers as they have power to move on prices unlike the Tag store themselves. I haven't gone to there outlet as i personally wouldn't want old or discontinued watches.

If you do go to the store i mentioned above you can further your discount by telling them you work in the centre. Just choose a random store and stick by your guns
Appreciate 0