E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > There is a TSX under there

01-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Aced16
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

There is a TSX under there

Hello All,
Well I had a customer approach me about an exterior and engine detail. He told me his car was bad, but I had no idea it would look like this! Well after a good 10 hours, the customer said he noticed his paint had a spec in it he had never seen before Here is what was done:

Exterior

- Sonax Wheel Cleaner to all 4 wheels and cleaned up with various brushes
- Wheel wells were cleaned up and dressed
- Washed with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash
- Iron X to remove any iron deposits in the paint
- Wash down and rinsed
- Door jambs were cleaned up
- Clayed
- Dried
- Masked up
- Megs 105 on a Yellow Pad
- Megs 205 on a Blue pad
- Sprayed with Z6 Gloss enhancer between all coats
- Sealed with Zaino CS
- Megs Gold Class car wax on a Black pad
- Rubber and Plastics Treated
- Exterior windows and mirrors cleaned, clayed and polished
- Exhaust tips cleaned and polished
- Headlights wet sanded and polished

Engine -
- Cleaned
- Dressed

On to the photos!
Before:

Washing, IronX, Claying and Polishing:

(Dirt cant hide!)

After:

The car loved me after

Thanks for looking!
-Chris

Last edited by Aced16; 01-22-2012 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

which yellow pad did you use? Megs or LC?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Nice....did you do the wheel arrels?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Glad to hear you helped out someone in need of a detail, that car certainly needed it. Overall it's a big improvement from how it previously looked. However it looks like the Lake Country Yellow Pad was used with the M105, which is the most aggressive all foam pad we carry and it's prone to heavy hazing. With that said it may have been a bit aggressive considering it seemingly was followed up with the M205 and the blue pad which is one of the softest pads. Just be careful you may see some haze and holograms when the vehicle is in direct sun. You may need to hit it again with a lighter pad and polish combination down the road. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask!

Greg @ DI

Last edited by Detailed Image; 01-24-2012 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Aced16
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
which yellow pad did you use? Megs or LC?
LC pad with VERY light pressure! I have seen a lot of your work Eric, and you are great! I do this for fun, but hope I can be as good as you one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
Glad to hear you helped out someone in need of a detail, that car certainly needed it. Overall it's a big improvement from how it previously looked. However it looks like the Lake Country Yellow Pad was used with the M105, which is the most aggressive all foam pad we carry and it's prone to heavy hazing. With that said it may have been a bit aggressive considering it seemingly was followed up with the M205 and the blue pad which is one of the softest pads. Just be careful you may see some haze and holograms when the vehicle is in direct sun. You may need to hit it again with a lighter pad and polish combination down the road. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask!

Greg @ DI

Greg @ DI
Thanks Greg I appreciate it! I ordered A LOT of my things from you I had planned on using a white pad as there were swirls in the paint (forgot to grab a photo ) and when I went to look for it, found the dog had gotten to it I used the Yellow with VERY light pressure. I actually have a shopping car ready at DI to buy some new pads and product Now if I could figure out how I can use my AMEX gift card and put the rest on my regular amex lol
      01-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

as greg mentioned...

in the future, you need to go with a middle step using the yellow and 105 combo. something like menzerna 203 or meguiars 205 on a white pad, then a black pad and either 106 or my favorite, sf4500
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aced16 View Post
LC pad with VERY light pressure! I have seen a lot of your work Eric, and you are great! I do this for fun, but hope I can be as good as you one day!

Thanks Greg I appreciate it! I ordered A LOT of my things from you I had planned on using a white pad as there were swirls in the paint (forgot to grab a photo ) and when I went to look for it, found the dog had gotten to it I used the Yellow with VERY light pressure. I actually have a shopping car ready at DI to buy some new pads and product Now if I could figure out how I can use my AMEX gift card and put the rest on my regular amex lol
I'll PM you some details about how to use a gift card if you are having any issues. As for the detail hopefully you used light enough pressure that you'll have minimal issues. If you see some haze we can help you out though.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0