E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Cheapest BMW dealership oil change?

10-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
dlando
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i e92

They charged you an hour labor, plus parts . Oil changes used to cost 120$ at Maranello about a year back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty76 View Post
yeah no kidding, 192 + HST, 130 of it was labor??? I've driven nothing but Hondas up untl this car and they're drive through service is about $50 for my Pilot, labor included and takes about 20 mins.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #24
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

"335BBS" would glady pay this ... he says "Everyone has to make money"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty76 View Post
yeah no kidding, 192 + HST, 130 of it was labor??? I've driven nothing but Hondas up untl this car and they're drive through service is about $50 for my Pilot, labor included and takes about 20 mins.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #25
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
well. Rocco is perfectly fine with the situation, he names his price and I pay. If he said no to me of bringing in my own oil & filter, then he could simply refused me right on the spot. I had done the change from his shop a few times already and no complaints from him at all. If Rocco wants to charge me $30 - $40 for the labor, I am fine also. At the end, I still save a bit of money. Is that wrong ?

I don't see what I do for a living has to do with this thread's topic ? I wonder.
Wondering if you sell a service or similar where people don't buy product from you , just the service......cherry picking. Rocco is probably trying to avoid the "that as#hole at RMP won't even...." post on forums etc. To each his own . Guess I was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #26
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
"335BBS" would glady pay this ... he says "Everyone has to make money"
I would. Then I know everything is done correctly and if not we know who is responsible. I went to one of those hurry lube places a few years ago trying to save some dough/ time and the guy cross threaded plug on my oil pan. Cost me a new pan on my next visit to dealer. Lesson learned.....go to ONE place for service. I would either do it all myself or get someone to do it all. My point is what is $80 every 6-12 months? Probably spill that much on Friday & Saturday nights .........
Appreciate 0