E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > The OFFICIAL World Cup Thread

06-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #177
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Yeah at the expense of Central and Eastern Europe. Oh no I went there.
As usual even though you live over there, you're lacking in knowledge of history..............oh dear luv, here's the facts.

Eisenhower stopped the allied armies from advancing to Berlin even though Churchill and US General Patten urged otherwise.

The Germans, having said they would put up no resistance to the western allies to facilitate the allies easy advance and therefore thwarting the Russian advance. Eisenhower at the behest of Truman halted the allied armies thereby allowing the Russian advance............Eastern europe then became communist and the rest is history. Alles klar.

At least you are able to exercise freedom of speech........

Right back to my favourite sport played by tough men without the need for namby pampy padding...........RUGBY!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #178
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Yeah at the expense of Central and Eastern Europe. Oh no I went there.
As James may would say;

Oh COCK!!

Now go and get involved in a conversation you actually have some understanding of!

Anyway back on topic. Our defence were chuffing useless. The Germans opened us up like a can of sardines.......

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #179
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

Well, Ive heard all those cries of bitterness and disapointment. All those calls for the England team to come home in disgrace. I decided to rise above all of that and to fairly assess just what our lads did achieve over in South Africa. Taking into account all the little issues and big ones that we had to deal with including the ball which crossed the line but didnt. After sitting back calmly and considered all of these things I have come to the conclusion that the England team are truly a bunch of over-rated, overpaid wankers. Rooney didnt even show up at all.
Yet they will still go home to their luxury mansions, Bentleys, Ferraris etc. They will still earn more in a week than most do in a couple of years. TOSSERS.
And to hear Cappello say at the end of the match that they played well??????????
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #180
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonicdriver View Post
And to hear Cappello say at the end of the match that they played well??????????
We won't have to listen to him for much longer.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #181
matt@stratford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC M Sport

We didn't play well all tournament. I think we are where we should be......Going home
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #182
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

I don't care much for football but I am patriotic, in an unassuming way of course (no flags on cars etc), and I would liked to have seen an England team do well in the World Cup. The reality is that the England team is full of overpaid individuals (sorry, celebrities) who lack the real and tangible desire and passion to do well (together). They were embarrassingly bad througout the 4 games they played, they scored a paltry 3 goals and were humiliated in front of the world today.

So, what next for them, they get on a BA plane tomorrow, first class of course, head back to Cheshire or Chelsea to their chav and bad taste mansions and their barbie doll WAGs, count their millions, buy another couple of supercars, forget about the world cup and wait for training. Oh, and Mr Capello will probably resign, taking with him a few million £££s in compo, because I suspect his Lawyers will ensure his contract was such that he gets paid off regardless, to be replaced by another cabbage to take up the poison chalice - speaking english will be optional of course!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #183
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

The problem is,we don't have enough English players in the premiership. We need to restrict the number of foreigners per team and our National team should be Managed by English staff. The team should recognize that when selected we expect them to play as a team and not as individuals.Today was a humiliating experience and no amount of complaining about disallowed goals can change that. Sack the lot of them and move forward.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #184
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Never though i'd say this but after suffering all day of Germans going out of their way to drive through my estate horns blasting and goading the English community that live here.............COME ON THE ARGIES in the 1/4's!!!!!!!!!!
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #185
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonicdriver View Post
The problem is,we don't have enough English players in the premiership. We need to restrict the number of foreigners per team and our National team should be Managed by English staff. The team should recognize that when selected we expect them to play as a team and not as individuals.Today was a humiliating experience and no amount of complaining about disallowed goals can change that. Sack the lot of them and move forward.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #186
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I blame Labour.
      06-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #187
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

They have been driving this country into the ground for years etc etc
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #188
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Should've fielded this squad

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #189
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Sorry to be right on this one.

I said we were shit, and we were.

We have been since mid-Sven and it wasn't his fault. McLaren was a complete donut whilst I am not really sure what to think of Capello.

In general, Serie A football is a turgid, slow affair built upon ancient, towering defenders with pacey but unimaginative wing play. England for some reason seemed stuck between the game they play weekly and the game Capello would have had them play.

The Slovenia match was a poor scoreline, but we showed enough attacking promise to worry Germany.

Did I think we would though? Did I fuck. Listening to the 'Change of Opinion' following that match was comical. I knew they would let us down because they always, always do.

The only reliable things about England are...

We WILL field a shit back four made up of people you've never heard of. Not since Rio and Woody have I considered England to have a good back line and after Rio went to Man U he has been absolute toss. Sol Campbell? Never the same after becoming a mercenary.

Carragher and Upson? Give me a break. Terry isn't bad, but seeing as he has absolutely lost the respect of the entire world, he should be long gone.

What else can you count on? You can count on goalkeeping gaffs. An international team should have 1 keeper that we all know. Schmeichel, Seaman, Kahn, whoever... David James was shit when Nigel Martyn and Dave Seaman we're still battling it out, let alone now.

In the midfield? You can count on Gerrard to TALK the talk, but never fucking show up. You can count on Lampard to be picked despite his last decent international game taking place in 2001. You can count on the fact that we haven't had a left winger who could run and cross for fifteen years and don't give me your Joe Cole bollacks. He has been left on the bench and ultimately dropped from Chelsea because he is wank. One amazing goal does not a good winger make.

Up front? Yeah you got that right two. You can count on Rooney not giving a fuck. You can count on Crouch not playing. You can count on Heskey as our 'impact' sub.

Fucking go home. Wankers.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #190
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
Never though i'd say this but after suffering all day of Germans going out of their way to drive through my estate horns blasting and goading the English community that live here.............COME ON THE ARGIES in the 1/4's!!!!!!!!!!
Ha Ha!

I was bombarded by abusive texts from German and Swiss German colleagues last night.

Bring on the Argies I say too!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #191
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Should've fielded this squad

Didn't you?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #192
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Sorry to be right on this one.

I said we were shit, and we were.

<<SNIP>>

Fucking go home. Wankers.

Matt
Oh, come on, Matt. Tell us how you really feel.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #193
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Oh, come on, Matt. Tell us how you really feel.
If they had me as a manager, we might not have gone any further, but they would surely know what 60 million people thought of them.

In all seriousness, we need to think about what can be salvaged and what needs to happen.

All the Grass Roots football etc has to be considered.... I understand people think there is too much coaching and not enough 'leading by example' amongst kids these days... For example, teaching 8-9 year olds about spacial awareness etc rather than letting them use skill and dribbling etc at a young age to make it natural.

I have to admit I am not entirely against the current systems but it is, like everything, about balance and something is wrong in the FA in respect of getting that right. People tell me there is no support for Grass Roots football, but in Leeds we have just had the John Charles (South Leeds) Stadium made up to Olympic standard for Athletics and Swimming and it has superb football facilities for five a side. The Football coach there is old school and his leagues are superb, I've been playing in them for five years and I love it....

There are Under 11, Under 14, Under 16, Under 18 and Under 21 Leagues as well as the open leagues (which I'm in) and all the same for womens. There is a variety of coaching which is mostly on the pitch.... Having said all that, perhaps the problem isn't in Leeds?

Seeing as we produced Lennon, Milner, Smith, Rose, Delph, Howson the lad at Man City I can't remember and a few more....

Assuming we had some good young players though (which I think we do) we need to ask ourselves how they intigrate into THAT team....

Firstly, I don't think its Capello's fault entirely that we were crap, but he still has to go... He isn't the right man to bring youngsters through because he doesn't speak English and he isn't really that kind of manager. Having also lost the dressing room (even in part) he is now 'stigmatised' to a period of time we want to forget.

The team? Rooney can be saved, as can Gerrard, Crouch, Defoe, Johnson, A.Cole, Upson, Barry and a few others.... Lampard, Terry, Heskey (lol,) James etc have to go.... Some just because they are too old.... Some because of terrible form over many years, others because they fucked someone they shouldn't have and lost their integrity.

We need a younger outlook which shows promise to others coming through and the likes of Gerrard and Rooney will NEED to lead by example. Gerrard was just about ok in some matches, but far from what he should be and Rooney similar but less ok.... Both would have been better if they didn't have Lampard and Terry fucking about behind them.

Ashley Cole? He is too good to throw away, but he needs a good, hard kick up the arse and if he continues to take his responsibility lightly? Then fuck him right off and bring in someone like George McCartney (if he can actually walk.)

Aside from all this, we clearly need to impose a '2, 3, 4' English players in the team type ruling for Prem and Championship teams. Bottom line is you can't just switch it on overnight because it really wouldn't be fair on.... erm... Arsenal, but it NEEDS to come in gradually and definitively.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #194
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

England team have a new sponsor, Pampers....Piss at the front and shit at the back
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #195
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Optical illusions

Attached Images