E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Problem still persists, car pulls slightly to the left....

12-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Problem still persists, car pulls slightly to the left....

Hi,

I would like some suspension gurus to chime in on this issue.

So here's the shake down:

Everything was fine prior to upgrading to PSS10s, was running on ZSP suspension.

After the suspension upgrade, and a replaced driver-side tie rod, and two alignments(one by an indy shop after the suspension upgrade and before the tie rod replacement, one by the dealership after the tie rod replacement). My car pulls to the left when the steering wheel is straight.

What do you guys think about the cause? The tie rod isn't adjusted correctly? Bad alignment? Wheel out of balance? Uneven wear in tire tread(I had my driver side tire replaced due to defect, so the driver side is new, and passenger side is about 30-35% worn)?

This has been driving me NUTS! LOL.....

TIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
acg35
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Hi,

I would like some suspension gurus to chime in on this issue.

So here's the shake down:

Everything was fine prior to upgrading to PSS10s, was running on ZSP suspension.

After the suspension upgrade, and a replaced driver-side tie rod, and two alignments(one by an indy shop after the suspension upgrade and before the tie rod replacement, one by the dealership after the tie rod replacement). My car pulls to the left when the steering wheel is straight.

What do you guys think about the cause? The tie rod isn't adjusted correctly? Bad alignment? Wheel out of balance? Uneven wear in tire tread(I had my driver side tire replaced due to defect, so the driver side is new, and passenger side is about 30-35% worn)?

This has been driving me NUTS! LOL.....

TIA

Could be:
Tire pressure low on one side
Unbalanced wheels
Tire wear? Did you ever get an alignment after mounting the new tire?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acg35 View Post
Could be:
Tire pressure low on one side
Unbalanced wheels
Tire wear? Did you ever get an alignment after mounting the new tire?
Yes, the new tire was mounted on between the first and second alignment.

I'll double check the pressure, but I'm almost certain that the two sides are identical, because this was one of the first things I checked awhile back when this pulling problem started.

I hope it's something simple and not costly like a unbalanced wheel. One of those little weights could have fallen off after the initial front tire mount and balance......

I'm gonna take my wheel off and see if any weights are missing......

thanks

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

If you have a set of stock wheels or borrow someones and try them on. This will narrow tire/wheel/aligment issues with your current setup.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
acg35
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchNpoke View Post
If you have a set of stock wheels or borrow someones and try them on. This will narrow tire/wheel/aligment issues with your current setup.
Yeah, his suggestion helps a lot. Put on some stocks that are properly balanced. And if the problem still persists then bring the car to a shop to get it checked.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchNpoke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acg35 View Post
Yeah, his suggestion helps a lot. Put on some stocks that are properly balanced. And if the problem still persists then bring the car to a shop to get it checked.
Ya I will check the tire pressure first, then trade wheels with my cousin and see if it's the wheels.

Thanks

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0