E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > PSA, keep an eye out for your Serpentine-A/C Belt

06-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
Dutchdaddy
Court Appointed Jester
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d/X5d

Garage List
2012 X5  [0.00]
2011 335d  [0.00]
PSA, keep an eye out for your Serpentine-A/C Belt

Drove down early yesterday AM, to NJ, as I had an event at NJMP there. Instructed for AZP and LTW (both nice group of folks to run with). Got two great students (that FRS is still a great tossabile vehicle) and although I hadn't planned on taking the 335d out (didn't bring any tools, nor my Hoosier track setup), students asked to show me the lines. I prefer to show them lines in my car first, and then taking their car for a spin....

Car was fine on track, one issue at some point with steering not being as accurate/responsive....but I didn't think too much of it, more driver error than car issue...

I drove home to MD, after an hour into the trip, I elected to have A/C on (and close sunroof). Well, appeared that A/C would only blow hot air...great....
Find that interesting, b/c during the last couple of days, the A/C had functioned well enough..

Oh well, fast forward to this AM, I get the newspaper, and happen to see a belt under the car.....Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...... is that the remains of a truck tire? I don't recall having driven over a truck tire.......upon closer inpection, the damn belt is coming from inside the car...... I get lucky, and I am able to determine manufacturer and ID......it's the accessory belt...

Annoyed that this happened at just 39K miles, I figured, I need to do some research, before bringing it into the dealer..... Found this thread, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=ac+belt

Hrm, I have had this M-Sport on track at VIR, no problems. I have had our previous 335d on various tracks, Pocono, NJMP, Watkins, VIR, Summit, no issues either..... I guess the M-sport in combination with NJMP did the trick..