E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Rolling Gears headlights

12-09-2017, 07:08 AM   #353
M3333
Rep
Drives: E90 Lci 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3333 View Post
I want to buy the adapters can u sell me mate. i lost the adapters. can anyone on here tell my what wire is on the connectors on the leveling cap. one is 4 pin square and other is 5pin female flat rectangle that plugs in to motor. PLEASE HELP ANYONE I NEED THIS CABLE
any one know what cable i need??????
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 03:19 AM   #354
4EST
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 320d LCI

explain better what you need, and I can help you. I even have a spare headlight not installed, so I can take a closer look at it, and strip whatever adapters you need
      12-12-2017, 04:47 AM   #355
ruhl88
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

I think he want a cable that goes to 1)original bmw motor unit for leveling(male plug) from 2) the cable of headlight for leveling (female plug).
One pin on the five in line connector is empty.
Attached Images

Last edited by ruhl88; 12-12-2017 at 04:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #356
Euro.SK
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 335i

Has anyone tried installing LED bulbs? As well how are these headlights overall?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #357
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro.SK View Post
Has anyone tried installing LED bulbs? As well how are these headlights overall?
LED in the low beam (H7) was fine but needed some extra space for the heat sinks.

Ended up with HID in low beam, all good.

LED high beams (H1) seem harder due to the integrated ground in the high beam bracket.
      03-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #358
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
LED in the low beam (H7) was fine but needed some extra space for the heat sinks.

LED high beams (H1) seem harder due to the integrated ground in the high beam bracket.
Were you able to put LED bulbs in and still have the cap be able to close perfectly? Can you post photos of the headlights with HIDs and photos of the bulb area too?

Last edited by Euro.SK; 03-11-2018 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #359
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:

Do you know if I were to put a Kensun H7 LED would it be able to fit in there along with closing the cap for the bulb housing?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #360
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Quote:

Do you know if I were to put a Kensun H7 LED would it be able to fit in there along with closing the cap for the bulb housing?
Quote:
Can you post photos of the headlights with HIDs and photos of the bulb area too?
Hopefully photo attached helps. Wiring is a bit messy, lol

Quote:
No clue, but if it has a large heatsink/fan at the back, as most do, I doubt it will fit without modification.
Attached Images

03-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #361
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully photo attached helps. Wiring is a bit messy, lol

No clue, but if it has a large heatsink/fan at the back, as most do, I doubt it will fit without modification.

This is the LED bulb I was planning on going with. Any problems with the headlights of them fogging up or error lights appearing? As how well do they lights up with HID bulbs?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #362
captainbutterbal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328I 2015 X5

Quote:

This is the LED bulb I was planning on going with. Any problems with the headlights of them fogging up or error lights appearing? As how well do they lights up with HID bulbs?
I just installed these last week. Tried both LED and HID no error codes. HID were brighter and better, but LED were bright enough for me so I kept them and returned the HID. Mostly because LED are suppose to last longer and less likely to burn out and I'm lazy.

The LED bulb will not fit, you either have to drill a hole or get a dust cover to replaced the plastic cover.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=AFLE0NKKTARYW

Last edited by captainbutterbal; 03-15-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90378.50
      03-15-2018, 08:35 PM   #363
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbutterbal View Post
I just installed these last week. Tried both LED and HID no error codes. HID were brighter and better, but LED were bright enough for me so I kept them and returned the HID. Mostly because LED are suppose to last longer and less likely to burn out and I'm lazy.

The LED bulb will not fit, you either have to drill a hole or get a dust cover to replaced the plastic cover.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=AFLE0NKKTARYW
Can you upload photos of your set up? And there is no way of the LED bulb of fitting in the socket? OR the cover wouldn't be able to fit after putting the LED bulb in? I have HID's would like to upgrade to LED and use these headlights with them.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #364
captainbutterbal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328I 2015 X5

Quote:
Can you upload photos of your set up? And there is no way of the LED bulb of fitting in the socket? OR the cover wouldn't be able to fit after putting the LED bulb in? I have HID's would like to upgrade to LED and use these headlights with them.
Out of town atm, I can upload one on Monday. The cover can't close after you put the bulb in. There is maybe 1 1/4- 1 1/2 inches of space in the cover
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 03:20 PM   #365
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbutterbal View Post
Out of town atm, I can upload one on Monday. The cover can't close after you put the bulb in. There is maybe 1 1/4- 1 1/2 inches of space in the cover
Thanks, when you get a chance post a photo of your set up and the output because I might just go with HID's instead as I would like to go with LEDs but fear of them fogging up and not being as good output.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #366
Bmwuk
BMW GTS
Rep
Drives: BMW M90 GTS

Got LED bulbs in mine and previously had HID set up before. I dont think there is much in it although i do think HID have a better throw. The weird cut off will remain regardless on low beam. The LED H7 fitted fine after the HID had been previously fitted but had to modify the H1 high beam holder to fit the bulbs, bit of dremel work but fairly minor. The main negative with the headlights is the slight misting from time to time and the lack of bulb heat not drying them out as quick....
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #367
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwuk View Post
Got LED bulbs in mine and previously had HID set up before. I dont think there is much in it although i do think HID have a better throw. The weird cut off will remain regardless on low beam. The LED H7 fitted fine after the HID had been previously fitted but had to modify the H1 high beam holder to fit the bulbs, bit of dremel work but fairly minor. The main negative with the headlights is the slight misting from time to time and the lack of bulb heat not drying them out as quick....
Do they fog up a lot? As do you have the covers on the back of the headlights?
I'm thinking about buying tonight the only thing is I fear if they fog up since I had another pair before of different set and they fogged up which was a total waste of money!
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 03:16 PM   #368
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
had to modify the H1 high beam holder to fit the bulbs, bit of dremel work but fairly minor.
Can you share more about the high beam modification?

I wanted LED H1 there, but installer said there's no ground to connect to the bulb because it is designed to ground to the housing bracket directly (or something to that effect).
      03-21-2018, 04:01 PM   #369
Bmwuk
BMW GTS
Rep

They fog slightly in heavy rain but if you put an extra bead around the lens that helps for sure... mine were early versions so may have improved since. They sent me replacement lenses but still not got round to taking them apart. I am due to disassemble the frint end this wkend so will take some photos of the end caps and h1 leds for you as reference....
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90378.50
      03-21-2018, 04:03 PM   #370
Bmwuk
BMW GTS
Rep

They are good headlights for the cost tbh... to buy a set of used xenon headlights and custom modify will cost £1k all day long so these are a fraction.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 08:35 PM   #371
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
They are good headlights for the cost tbh... to buy a set of used xenon headlights and custom modify will cost £1k all day long so these are a fraction.
Thank you for the info! I'm sponsored with Kensun lighting as if you are interested in their products or find anything you would like PM I will pm you, my promo code! As their products are good, I used them before and very bright and reliable too! I will be sure getting a set here soon and going to double seal them to be sure! As when you can post photos of your lighting set up along with the output if you can!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #372
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
How did you get the LED bulb to fit? Can you post photos!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 10:32 AM   #373
Bmwuk
BMW GTS
Rep

Quote:
How did you get the LED bulb to fit? Can you post photos!
I didnt get a chance to take any photos as i was too busy. Front end of car being dismantled end of April and may upgrade projector / auto level etc then so will do a separate build thread to show fitting. The h7 bulbs fit fine, you just need a hole in end cap for cabling. The h1 is a bit awkward so needs the metal holder to be modified via dremel to make it fit. Its really easy and when you offer the bulb up you will see the bulb opening needs widening slightly as the profile of a led bulb is different from a halogen bulb. Its a simple diy job..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #374
Euro.SK
Rep

Quote:
I didnt get a chance to take any photos as i was too busy. Front end of car being dismantled end of April and may upgrade projector / auto level etc then so will do a separate build thread to show fitting. The h7 bulbs fit fine, you just need a hole in end cap for cabling. The h1 is a bit awkward so needs the metal holder to be modified via dremel to make it fit. Its really easy and when you offer the bulb up you will see the bulb opening needs widening slightly as the profile of a led bulb is different from a halogen bulb. Its a simple diy job..
With making a hole on the cap, do you have any issues with fogging up?
Appreciate 0