E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Early 08' CCC USB works but no Aux

09-27-2023, 02:23 PM   #1
Styral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 AW Manual

Early 08' CCC USB works but no Aux

I have been scouring the forums looking for someone with the same issue in hopes to find a solution I haven't tried yet.

The aux worked a few years ago with a Y cable, but stopped working and I have had to use an FM tuner since. The problem came up around the same time that I had the battery cable recall done. (could or could not be related)

I have an 08' M3 coupe with the USB/Aux combo audio input within the arm rest going to the factory CCC unit (single scroll wheel)

USB and Bluetooth phone connection do work, however AUX does not. When plugged in it won't even give me the option to select AUX on the menu.

What I have done so far:
- checked for codes, no codes present
- tried different cables and different devices
- replaced the USB/AUX input socket (Part#: 84109237653)
- replaced Aux and USB 385mm wires (Part#: 61129187009)
- checked connection to head unit
- checked connections to TCU and MULF in trunk (to the best of my understanding)
- checked fuses

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction on what to check or do next?