E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > product choice...what do you think?

05-10-2010, 01:37 AM   #1
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

product choice...what do you think?

Hey guys...I just bought some goodies for cleaning up the car and was wondering what you guys think...How'd I do on product choice?

Adam's Car Wash
Grit Guard
Uber Jumbo Waffle Weave Drying Towel Blue
Uber Microfiber Towel Blue 16x24
Swissvax Paint Rubber Clay Bar
Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer
Uber Red Wax Applicator Pad
Zymol Concours Glaze

Now I just need to pick up a bucket and wash mit...anyone think of anything else I should look into?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Looking pretty good to me. Take the grit guard with you to the store when buying the bucket. Some (particularly the ones Lowes typically stocks) are tapered and don't allow the grit guard to sit flat on the bottom. The orange ones at Home Depot work well. I also use the Lowes Proline grout sponges for washing.

The only omission I see from your list above is a sealant. Zymol Concours is a very nice wax but unless you're waxing regularly (about every month), you'll want a sealant to complement the Concours and offer maximum protection.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

Thanks for the bucket info...and what's the skinny with the sealant? I am a total noob when it comes to detailing.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Gig103
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tesla P85D

I agree it looks like a good list. As for the sealant, those are synthetic polymers that bond to the paint and protect against the elements for longer period of times. You apply it after washing/clay, but before waxing. Some will last 6 months per application, and you can put wax on top of them for that deep gloss.

I have used JetSeal 109 in the past, and just purchased Blackfire Wet Diamond but haven't put it on yet. I will be doing that soon though!

P.S. I linked to DetailedImage who is our other site sponsor besides Phil @ DetailersDomain. There's a 10% coupon: e90post
Appreciate 0