E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BT Audio Streaming with no Combox (Mono) in 6/10 Build

09-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
mmorrismm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is AW Coral Red

Post BT Audio Streaming with no Combox (Mono) in 6/10 Build

Probably been discussed before but figure I would throw it out here just in case someone else could use it.

well, I just picked up a 2011 33is 6/10 build. I have been researching like crazy on the 335is. With this particular 335is I have been in touch with the original for a couple months and we negotiated back and forth and finally got it a couple days ago. It is the AW/Coral with 27K miles and I love it. What a ride it is.

Well, I was debating on retrofitting the Combox for A2DP but with Satellite and my Ipod I have a lot to listen to. Besides I am more of an Android users and have no plans to go to an iPhone But I do like my Pocketcast Podcast apps on my Android phone. While searching on Google for solutions, I found an app called BTMono. Very cool it transmits BT audio over the Telephone channels from the Android phone over Bluetooth, granted not stereo it is mono and for my Podcast does the trick since most of the are mono anyway.

Later on I may do the retrofit but for now it resolves my issue.
Appreciate 0