E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > British roads..now just full of c**ts!

09-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #23
fulcrum
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92,F22, F36, G01

You should live where I do in Buckhurst Hill - the land of Towie.

I live near a primary school, church and duck pond and soon to be conservation area. The parents park on both sides of the roads, including a blind bend, so only one car at a time can go through. Can take 20 minutes to get through. Its a rat run on the way to the M25. And they all own Range Rovers.

And there is a bloody big pot hole there that needs avoiding.

They have extended the school twice recently and both times the planning officer has stated that parking and traffic is not an issue.

I would say that they are all in pay of the applicants but they are as it was Essex Council. No one else can put a shed up!

Stinks!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #24
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
I'm saying we wouldnt have these problems if everyone were considerate of their actions. If the guy stopping on double yellows had been considerate then he wouldnt have parked there. There would be no problem.

I watched a 325i tailgate an old lady the other day on a duel carriage way. This pissed me off, she was doing over the limit and overtaking a line of lorries. Once she pulled over she looked shaken by it. I'm not proud to say, I returned the favour to see how he liked it, he didnt - tried to lose me, brake checked me, but resolutely didnt wish to pull over. When he did, I pulled in and slowed down. What did it achieve for either of us? I arrived about 15 seconds earlier to my destination furious and having burnt a few more litres of fuel - realising I had been a complete prick just like him!

For all the comments about poor women drivers, I bet you rarely face aggression from them. They tend to be much more tolerant and cautious. My girlfriend is a good driver, it pisses me off to think that she has to deal with aggression on the road - I bet many of you feel the same when it is your family but are much less tolerant of others..

"The tendency to aggression is an innate, independent, instinctual disposition in man... it constitutes the powerful obstacle to culture" Sigmund Freud

lol.....see! very easy to succumb and become a BMW c*ck!.... when you see all these fcuktards around you...

You did well tailgaiting that tw*t! hope u flashed the fcuker aswell... he shouldn't be in the right hand lane if he's not overtaking...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #25
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5, 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
lol.....see! very easy to succumb and become a BMW c*ck!.... when you see all these fcuktards around you...

You did well tailgaiting that tw*t! hope u flashed the fcuker aswell... he shouldn't be in the right hand lane if he's not overtaking...
You missed a bit at the end

"Enjoy your new stone-chipped bonnet and bumper"
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

To the cunt that chose to squeeze his hairdressers 1series convertible next to me in the Bristol car park the other day. Sorry for the fucking scratches and dent in your door. Next time you'll think before giving me just a *** papers width to get into my car. Cock.

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #27
chris_s1
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Garage List
2012 E92 335d  [8.66]
I've also been despairing about the state of our nations drivers of late.

There are broadly two camps -
1 - People who drive like tossers and know what they are doing. These people I have no problem with. You can spot them a mile off and they are idiots but at least predictable and have a reasonable level of car control skills.

2 - People who can't drive for toffee and refuse to think about the world outside their immediate 6 inch vicinity. These people are the worst. The biggest problem is that they refuse to even consider that something is their fault. If you can never admit you are wrong (even to yourself), how can you learn from your mistakes?

I just fell out with my mother-in-law who had an accident this week. She was approaching a roundabout where she had to go from lane 1 to lane 3 in order to turn right. She blatantly just rammed into the side of some guy that was in lane 3. She GENUINELY believes that it was his fault for not getting out of her way. Upon seeing that she wanted to get into lane 3, he should have immediately applied the brakes to avoid her, according to her. It pains me to know that in the same situation, she would do the same thing again, because she refuses to think that the world doesn't revolve around her...........
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #28
blackrabbit
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d F30 M Sport

Its the cyclist that set my blood boiling. They spend all their time complaining they are at risk and no one looks out for them, yet pay no attention to the highway code. I strongly believe that they should suffer a minor head injury or broken bone to make them learn traffic lights do apply to them, so do pedestrian crossings, give way junctions etc etc
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #29
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrabbit View Post
Its the cyclist that set my blood boiling. They spend all their time complaining they are at risk and no one looks out for them, yet pay no attention to the highway code. I strongly believe that they should suffer a minor head injury or broken bone to make them learn traffic lights do apply to them, so do pedestrian crossings, give way junctions etc etc
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None at present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrabbit View Post
Its the cyclist that set my blood boiling. They spend all their time complaining they are at risk and no one looks out for them, yet pay no attention to the highway code.
Hell yes! Like the lycra clad fool that tried to undertake me this week on a downhill slope. I was doing 25-30 ish, there was some traffic, and this numpty tries to get past on my inside. Luckily for him I saw him but he was definitely trying to get past. If I'd moved even six inches towards the kerb he'd have been splattered onto the pavement, and no doubt would have (from his hospital bed) been whining on about car drivers who don't give cyclists enough room. Dickhead!

Cyclists - you gotta show respect if you want to receive it. Try stopping at red lights for starters.

Mike.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #31
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

I would say indecisive people are more dangerous than the impatient ones, Simply because their actions aren't as predictable as the impatient ones. The worst the latter can do is overtake inappropriately. With indecisive drivers - they can cause multiple problems with their lack of common sense.

Today, a woman held up a queue of about 10 cars because she didn't have the awareness to pull into the designated right turn bay and wait for a gap in the on coming traffic. THIS sort of shit is what boils other drivers piss. Nobody can blame them for getting aggressive - yet they're the one's who are looked upon as the problem. No, the problem wouldn't exist, if some dumb ass bird could be bothered to move her car another 10 yards forward.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Hampshire View Post

Cyclists - you gotta show respect if you want to receive it. Try stopping at red lights for starters.

Mike.
+1. Too many of them want to be fucking Hero's. I'm a keen cyclist (on nice days only) and see them buggers try and own the road.

Actually, here's a funny story for y'all. A woman cycling in front of me; The lights on the cross roads ahead turn green and she just keep going, not realising the guy in the first car is turning left. PLOUGH! right in to the side of his car. Lucky for her, it was a bit of a shit box and they were both foreign and couldn't understand each other
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #33
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheed1 View Post
+1. Too many of them want to be fucking Hero's. I'm a keen cyclist (on nice days only) and see them buggers try and own the road.

Actually, here's a funny story for y'all. A woman cycling in front of me; The lights on the cross roads ahead turn green and she just keep going, not realising the guy in the first car is turning left. PLOUGH! right in to the side of his car. Lucky for her, it was a bit of a shit box and they were both foreign and couldn't understand each other
Plus one....

They don't "try" and be heros...

I think they truly believe that they ARE superheroes!!!...They forget that they are not protected like people in cars....so I don't know why they behave as if they are own the road and wish to die!...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #34
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

i always leave 3 cars lengths from the car in front so as not to get plastered in stone chips.what really pisses me off is when on a motorway in a line of traffic at say 65 when some arshole dives up the inside lane and pulls right in fron causing me to brake, he then proceeds at said 65 tailgating the car in front WHY do they do this? it doesnt get them anywhere. another thing is when you get in the wrong lane and try to pull across and you get the "hands in the air" from someone who then tries to blck you out, arent we allowed to make the odd mistake and what does it cost to let the bloke in, it never bothers me and i get to where im going without being raged.
Appreciate 0