E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bump - non-fault

05-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Bump - non-fault

Car was bumped into today in car park - 100% other parties fault - they reversed into front bumper. This just after it'd been perfectly resprayed by BMW last month.......

Pictures:

There is a crease in the plastic near the side of the headlamp, and a deformation on the front where it looks like something internal has pushed out the plastic (you can see this in the bottom picture by the way the gravel in reflected). The paint is also cracked and crazed in several places. On initial inspection, no other parts appear to have any damage, but obviously I haven't had the bumper off.

So....:

1. Can this bumper be repaired? It looks like the answer is no to me, but I'm not up on modern repair techniques - maybe with heat a good repair outift could make it like new, and once painted you'd never know?

2. If not, where the best place to get a new M Sport bumper? I will be getting quotes from BMW etc. as it was not our fault, but I don't mind looking into getting it done as cheaply as possibly and being reasonable to the other party.

3. Any other things to look out for?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Take a look to Brin Jones in Filton. I have used them three times for major panels and they are as good as it gets.
In fact its a 45min drive or more for me, so thats how I rate them. Porsche/Merc/Honda and they do a lot for new Mercs with tranasport damage.

And I'll see you in the morning anyhow

Shame to see this, but at least you have someone to lay the cost onto.
I got my rear quarter swiped in the S2000 last year near Cribbs, hit/run cost me over 2k
Appreciate 0