E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW Northwest (Fife, WA)

10-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
fsdks
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive Sports Wagon

Thumbs up BMW Northwest (Fife, WA)

I was in the market for a new car - either a wagon or a small SUV because I have a 60lbs dog. I need AWD because I live in Alaska.

I looked at Audi, Mercedes and BMW. Mercedes' interiors are too busy and I don't care for how the C-class handles (plus no wagon) and the GLK is a horrific design. Audi looks good, lovely interiors, don't care too much for the handling on the A4 or Q5. I'd overlook that if Audi still made a small wagon without massive amounts of plastic cladding (a la 2006 Subaru). The Allroad is an ugly wagon.

So, no Mercedes or Audi.

I previously owned a Subaru Outback (they're ubiquitous in Alaska) but I do not care for the recent remodel. I've driven the new model and I cannot stand the CVT; why no manual except for the stripper entry level or 'premium' (which is not premium) model? I had leather in my Dodge and I don't see ever not having it again but Subaru doesn't offer leather except in the Limited and, frankly, that CVT kills that car so no to Subaru.

Test drove the 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sports Wagon and it was very nice. While I could afford one I just didn't want to have payments any longer. So I went online and searched in the Northwest for a used 328i xDrive wagon. Several good options for Seattle and Portland. Only BMW Northwest had a fully-loaded model (if I'm buying a used car I'm going to make sure it's the top of the line version) and it was, thankfully, a 6-speed.

I perused the BMW Northwest website, noted the excellent photos (this is how dealers should photograph used cars) and had some questions. I used their online chat feature and spoke with Gary Edinborough. He answered my questions. Gary was very professional and not pushy at all. I thanked him and got to work figuring out how I'd get this car to Alaska.

I got quotes from a couple car transport companies.

I called Gary on the phone, introduced myself, did additional follow-up as to service history, etc. I asked if he could drop the car off at the auto transport company. Gary said yes, he could. I made an offer. Over the phone we did the little dance with the finance manager. Agreed on a price. I gave an earnest money deposit and BMW Northwest overnighted the sales documents to me.

6 days later Gary dropped the car off at the auto transport company. 10 days later it arrived in Alaska. It was in perfect shape and the interior is in phenomenal condition. I discovered the passenger side wheels had been damaged (old damage, appears it was curbed) but it's only cosmetic according to my local tire dealer. Now, BMW Northwest didn't send me the title so that was annoying. As the car had expired tags on it I was worried but after an email to the sales manager I got the title overnighted to me. It was just an oversight. All legal now and the car is titled/registered in Alaska.

All in all a very easy process. Gary Edinborough was good to deal with as was Chris the sales manager.
Old: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i (hers), 2016 BMW X5 xDrive40e (hers), 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD, 2008 Subaru Outback AWD, 2001 Dodge Dakota 4WD, 2000 VW Golf, 1991 Dodge Ramcharger 4WD, 1988 Mercury Topaz AWD, and 1987 Mercedes-Benz 560SL
Appreciate 0