E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Window regulator AID

06-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #23
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanboy
So a year after this post, I got the same issue, interestingly, my broken part looks exactly the same as the pic posted by Taran.J's, even the shape and the position of the broken piece is the same.
So after looking at it, i thought I could just get a new one and replace it, but after an attempt, I found that my cable is a bit short, the two ends of the cable is about 4-5 inches apart. I don't think the tension is that great could it? at that rate I think my new part is going to break even if I manage to put the cables into the part. I don't know how I can make the cable longer so I can install it or do I need some sort of tool to put them together? Hope someone is still reading this.
Post a picture of how it looks put all together
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #24
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Okay mine broke over the weekend began may research to figure out what it is going to take.

Here is a DIY video

You will hear at the end of the video that the Window Explanation Mark is still showing so they do not explain how to get rid of that when it occurs.

Obviously you can buy parts from BMW, just the track mechanism that lifts the window is $87 and motor is if you need that as well $147.

You can find the motor and track on a couple of different website and most carry BMW OEM as well as UOR replacement parts for a lot less.

I tend to use Rockauto for my replacement parts where possible, they do not carry the full BMW line of replacement parts but they do carry this part from a couple of different replacement company and they seem to have the best price on this part.

I found a Dorman part on Amazon for $34 plus shipping which is not a bad price but the part does not look like the original but they could be a stock picture

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/com...Y?ie=UTF8&i=75

Last edited by Maestro; 07-14-2014 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 0