E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Sydney Meet - Hunter Valley Day

05-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
gucci
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 320i

Sydney Meet - Hunter Valley Day

Would Sydney based members be interested in doing a day drive to the Hunter Valley for a bite of lunch?

Generally speaking cars are at the best in these cooler months, hence, sometime in June might be good.

Back in 2002 when I owned a Mini Cooper S, the memebers of mini.com.au got together for the odd drive day and they were brilliant (like minded tragics). In those days, it was very much more about the journey, rather then the destination.

Food for thought.
Cheers
Gucci
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
I was about to post a thread today suggesting a mountain drive...

If the Hunter Valley, maybee teh town of POKOLBIN (bottom of the page)? As it is in the centre of the Hunter, and has more "attractions" then other Hunter towns...

where ever it happens to be, may i suggest the 2nd of June?

1. Astra + 1
      05-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #3
gucci
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi Astra

I thought a run up the Putty as opposed to the Great Western Highway for the following (and probably illogical reasons)

Generally speaking, the Putty Road is far less Policed, traffic conditions are far lighter, roads are little more challenging (luv them corners) and finally, you don't have the heavy traffic comming back from the mountains on a Sunday afternoon.

Oh and one more reason, Cafe Enzo, very good lunch spot.

Agree or disagree?

Gucci
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
Astra if you are bringing a young lady I am in for sure

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 12:40 AM   #5
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Have fun guys, its a tops bit of road up Putty, a group of us went up to the Hunter last month via it for lunch and back down the F3. Good fun.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 02:30 AM   #6
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post

If the Hunter Valley, maybee teh town of POKOLBIN (bottom of the page)? As it is in the centre of the Hunter, and has more "attractions" then other Hunter towns...

1. Astra + 1
2. CaptOz
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #7
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gucci View Post
Would Sydney based members be interested in doing a day drive to the Hunter Valley for a bite of lunch?
Sounds great Gucci. I need to get out and let the car stretch her legs a little. Hmmmm….Hunter Valley for lunch??

Quote:
I thought a run up the Putty as opposed to the Great Western Highway for the following (and probably illogical reasons) ….Gucci
I like the Putty Road too. I used to drive it regularly (for fun) many years ago. Mind you, I’m happy pretty much whichever route decided upon. I need a carwash break.

Quote:

June 2 is fine with me and Pokolbin looks good too. Let's hope we get the numbers.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moO moO nEL View Post
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 04:41 AM   #9
daninsyd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

1. Astra + 1
2. CaptOz
3. Daninsyd + 1
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 05:40 AM   #10
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
1. Astra + 1
2. CaptOz
3. Daninsyd + 1
4. MPower (potential guests = 1-2 people and potentially 1 more car as well)
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 05:45 AM   #11
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Just wondering... Where abouts are we going to meet up before heading up there? I was thinking somewhere on the north shore....
Suggestions people...
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 07:35 AM   #12
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

1. Astra + 1
2. CaptOz
3. Daninsyd + 1
5. Chris.G (potential 2 other Bimmers)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #13
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by moO moO nEL View Post
nah, my bf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
Sounds great Gucci. I need to get out and let the car stretch her legs a little. Hmmmm….Hunter Valley for lunch??

don't knwo anywhere in the hunter that is good, i tend not to frequent it cos it is an "oldies" area, hence i preffer the mountains

I like the Putty Road too. I used to drive it regularly (for fun) many years ago. Mind you, I’m happy pretty much whichever route decided upon. I need a carwash break.

June 2 is fine with me and Pokolbin looks good too. Let's hope we get the numbers.

Cheers.
i recon we will

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
Just wondering... Where abouts are we going to meet up before heading up there? I was thinking somewhere on the north shore....
Suggestions people...
doubt it... everyone seems set on the hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
1. Astra + 1
2. CaptOz
3. Daninsyd + 1
5. Chris.G (potential 2 other Bimmers)
oh oohh, getting the unmbers
      05-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #14
gucci
Enlisted Member
Rep

How about meeting at the very large Shell service station at Lane Cove (the one that is set down low on the southern side of the road) at 8.30am on Sunday 3 June?

Gucci
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #15
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
How about meeting at the very large Shell service station at Lane Cove (the one that is set down low on the southern side of the road) at 8.30am on Sunday 3 June?

Gucci
isn't there a better place to gather other then a servo? i mean just wondering if a Lane Cove park somewhere has parking spaces.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #16
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
that's why when i was sugesting to go up the mountains that we could all have met at the maccas that is near windsor, cos it would have been on teh way for anyone...

lane cove for me is exactly the OPOSITE way to how i would get to the hunter (and i would drive an extra hour there, and then an extra hour back to my place for nothing), so if you guys did ecide on this, i would have to meet you all half way there

not sure, but i might not be able to make it, looking at the time it will take to go to the hunter... it might be too far for me when i hav all this uni work to do
      05-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #17
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
not sure, but i might not be able to make it, looking at the time it will take to go to the hunter... it might be too far for me when i hav all this uni work to do
Can I suggest 2 words .... TIME MANAGEMENT. Everyone needs as break from the books at some stage no matter how good or bad you are going. I fast tracked 2, two year courses last year into 12 months and everyone said I was crazy sinse I also have 4 kids, a wife and a very demanding full time job. I found that my best work came in the first 2 hours I applied myself and that even if I spent 4 hours after that, very little was acheived in tat time. I finished with distinctions in both courses.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #18
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
Can I suggest 2 words .... TIME MANAGEMENT. Everyone needs as break from the books at some stage no matter how good or bad you are going. I fast tracked 2, two year courses last year into 12 months and everyone said I was crazy sinse I also have 4 kids, a wife and a very demanding full time job. I found that my best work came in the first 2 hours I applied myself and that even if I spent 4 hours after that, very little was acheived in tat time. I finished with distinctions in both courses.
good for you

but for ME, i don't want to spend a whole day away from what i am working on... i have a whole modular model of a house to build and liek 5 essays to do... i need a break yes, but not a whole day...

you guys seem to be all thinking of meeting at lane cove... that's way too far for me to go... lane cove is the opposite way to the way i take ot the hunter... oh well...

i'll see how i go
      05-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #19
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Quote:
that's why when i was sugesting to go up the mountains that we could all have met at the maccas that is near windsor, cos it would have been on teh way for anyone...

lane cove for me is exactly the OPOSITE way to how i would get to the hunter (and i would drive an extra hour there, and then an extra hour back to my place for nothing), so if you guys did ecide on this, i would have to meet you all half way there

I agree with what your saying, last thing anyone wants on a cruise is to have to double back and forth for no reason.

The Macca's at Rouse Hill on the way to Windsor is the one where myself and a group of us met when we went for a cruise up Putty Rd last month, seems pretty stupid to me to have a meet point at Lane Cove which is a good 45 minutes at least from Putty Rd.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #20
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
I agree with what your saying, last thing anyone wants on a cruise is to have to double back and forth for no reason.

The Macca's at Rouse Hill on the way to Windsor is the one where myself and a group of us met when we went for a cruise up Putty Rd last month, seems pretty stupid to me to have a meet point at Lane Cove which is a good 45 minutes at least from Putty Rd.
ahh, atleast someone understands my point

can you suggest a good meeting point on the putty rd (or very near to), that is in the hills district or hawkesbury, that would be better suited to everyone?
      05-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #21
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Yeah the Macca's you mentioned which is off Mile End Road at Rouse Hill A quick drive up Windsor Rd which is 2 lanes all the way allows for some piccies. Shoot into Windsor, straight across the bridge and up the Putty, easy!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #22
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Yeah the Macca's you mentioned which is off Mile End Road at Rouse Hill A quick drive up Windsor Rd which is 2 lanes all the way allows for some piccies. Shoot into Windsor, straight across the bridge and up the Putty, easy!
actually, i was meaning mcgrath's hill maccas but rouse hill, true you can get some good shots along teh way of the other cars