E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vishnu Tuning Customer Service Sucks!

11-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
M3 EETR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i

Vishnu Tuning Customer Service Sucks!

Robert Is Useless!
      11-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
turugara
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [9.44]
You should probably give more context as well as post in the n54 forums. Your sig says 08 335i which means you have an N54.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
M3 EETR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i

Glad you asked. I have been having issues with my proceed and I called in and spoke to Robert. I tried to explain my issue to him over the phone but every time I tried to speak he would cut me off and blame something else for being the reason the Procede wasn't working (example: my second brand new USB to Serial Cable). After trying to explain my issue over 5 times, I could not get further then half of my sentence before I was cut off again and told my Procede is not the issue with no diagnosis done to my unit or any other questions asked. I was in disbelief when I hung up the phone and still never had a chance to fully explain my issue without being cut off and being told it is my brand new cable. Maybe Burger Motorsports can help me with my Procede.
      11-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

That's not good at all. Sucks to hear your fustration OP. One of the reasons I buy my products with customer service in mind. Whenever I need help with my JB4, I just shoot Terry an email and he gets back with me in less than an hour, day or night.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 EETR View Post
Glad you asked. I have been having issues with my proceed and I called in and spoke to Robert. I tried to explain my issue to him over the phone but every time I tried to speak he would cut me off and blame something else for being the reason the Procede wasn't working (example: my second brand new USB to Serial Cable). After trying to explain my issue over 5 times, I could not get further then half of my sentence before I was cut off again and told my Procede is not the issue with no diagnosis done to my unit or any other questions asked. I was in disbelief when I hung up the phone and still never had a chance to fully explain my issue without being cut off and being told it is my brand new cable. Maybe Burger Motorsports can help me with my Procede.
I had a friend with a similar problem here in Hong Kong. I'm assuming you're using the Serial to USB cable Vishnu recommends, correct? If you've done all of the stuff they tell you to (setting up your comm ports etc.) you might have an issue with your harness or PROcede itself. Send it to Vishnu and they'll take care of it for you.

Robert definitely should have been more patient with you, but I think 95% of the time people are having trouble connecting to their laptops, the answer is in one of those interruptions . Ask to speak to Garrett next time, he's newer and not quite as jaded!
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

I'm willing to bet a very small sum of cash that the problem is related to USB cable or configuration of it. However, that's not a reason for cutting you off.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Like others said, check your usb again...from my own experience Robert has been the Genie of Vishnu there customer service got much better over the years imo.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
Like others said, check your usb again...from my own experience Robert has been the Genie of Vishnu there customer service got much better over the years imo.
+1. Robert is helping me with my upgrade from rev2.5 to rev3. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow to set up my appointment. He's been helpful and detailed throughout the time I've talked to him.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

I'm not one to complain but... since this thread was started I might as well voice my opinion.

I've been a loyal customer from the start with my car and almost every available product from them for my N55 is on the car. Thats about 2 years worth of development. I have the 3.5inch catless dp, first one they made... Then I had the Procede v2 and upgraded later to the 3.0 version. Added the Methanol kit and so i'm pretty much maxed out products for my car from them. You'd think i'd get some response when I email them about problems with my car being mostly with Automatic shifting hard! It feels like my AT is going to break when i drive in my meth map normally in traffic and shifting gears... NO response from them in the last attempt I made to contact them more than a month ago. I am stuck driving on map0 unless I want to go fast and not being stuck in traffic then i switch to map4 but not without switching back to 0 if i see a light coming up or a stop sign.

So in the past i've told them which map updates fixed the problem, and which ones broke it... so far not a peep on any development or potential fixes. All I got and almost in a mass response to any questions related to N55 support is that they are working on new firmware that they've learned from N54 development. That was a couple months ago...

I'm pretty happy with the performance, but not satisfied with the shifting part of it, and less satisfied with the feedback/service from an N55 standpoint. I mean, COBB is about 6 months or more out and they have more posts in the N55 section than Vishnu has thats' been "Supporting" this platform for more than 2 years already!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #10
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@sonictuning View Post
Cobb customer service is top notch
As a vendor are you allowed to make comments like that?

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0