E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Code out Start Assist Inactive

10-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #1
BlueF36
Relatively New
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 435i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Exclamation Code out Start Assist Inactive

Hi All, I'm a newbie here so I'm sorry if I'm dragging up old topics.

I recently bought my second E90. I owned one in Europe at home in Ireland and now I bought one on Canada. The spec is different here for sure. I had an E46 before that. Cant get away once you have the bug.

My issue is CCID 354. It came on when some hack coded out my adaptive headlight error.. the car lit up like a Christmas tree after that. I've managed to resolve those issues, most of them went away themselves. Ive taught myself NCSEXPERT and have coded some nice new features in myself, safely.

My question is, does anyone know if there is a way to code out "start off assist inactive"? I really don't care if it works, I just want the light off. Can anyone tell me the module and what to look out for?

Much thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 11:10 PM   #2
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

Why wouldn't you post you in the coding forum?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
BlueF36
Relatively New
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
Why wouldn't you post you in the coding forum?
Sorry, as i say, I'm a newbie. I didnt realise. I'll try that thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #4
thakid22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw M340i M-Sport w/ VDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlad82 View Post
Hi All, I'm a newbie here so I'm sorry if I'm dragging up old topics.

I recently bought my second E90. I owned one in Europe at home in Ireland and now I bought one on Canada. The spec is different here for sure. I had an E46 before that. Cant get away once you have the bug.

My issue is CCID 354. It came on when some hack coded out my adaptive headlight error.. the car lit up like a Christmas tree after that. I've managed to resolve those issues, most of them went away themselves. Ive taught myself NCSEXPERT and have coded some nice new features in myself, safely.

My question is, does anyone know if there is a way to code out "start off assist inactive"? I really don't care if it works, I just want the light off. Can anyone tell me the module and what to look out for?

Much thanks!
In the DSC module:
AFH_DOA
nicht_aktiv

On another note... If you reprogram the DSC module in Winkfp you may fix the error without losing the Start Off Assistant.
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #5
BlueF36
Relatively New
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakid22 View Post
In the DSC module:
AFH_DOA
nicht_aktiv

On another note... If you reprogram the DSC module in Winkfp you may fix the error without losing the Start Off Assistant.
Thanks so much! I haven't had experience doing anything in Winkfp. The error has been doing my nut in and I think the functionality isnt working. I tried on a steep hill to see if its working and it rolls back.

Really appreciate the help here!

Liam
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
thakid22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw M340i M-Sport w/ VDC

Yes. If you have an error it will disable the systems functionality as well.
I'm glad I could help.

Ultimately though, consider doing a little reading up on Winkfp.
I say this because you want to make sure there is no fault in your DSC module.
There are a host of features native to the DSC system...
Corner brake control, brake fade support, hill support, e-lsd, comfort stop, brake drying, etc.
All of these features are hosted by the DSC module and can be disabled by faults stored in the system.
It may not be readily apparent if these systems are working or not, but they do provide value to vehicle dynamics and stability.
You want them all working unless you specifically turn them off individually.

So for now it's no problem to turn off the start off assistant, to avoid the error code.
But in the long run you want to make sure you aren't missing other features as a result of whatever
Is wrong with your DSC module. I think a reflash of the DSC module will correct all of the issues you are having and keep
all of your features up.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2015, 07:15 AM   #7
BlueF36
Relatively New
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thakid22 View Post
Yes. If you have an error it will disable the systems functionality as well.
I'm glad I could help.

Ultimately though, consider doing a little reading up on Winkfp.
I say this because you want to make sure there is no fault in your DSC module.
There are a host of features native to the DSC system...
Corner brake control, brake fade support, hill support, e-lsd, comfort stop, brake drying, etc.
All of these features are hosted by the DSC module and can be disabled by faults stored in the system.
It may not be readily apparent if these systems are working or not, but they do provide value to vehicle dynamics and stability.
You want them all working unless you specifically turn them off individually.

So for now it's no problem to turn off the start off assistant, to avoid the error code.
But in the long run you want to make sure you aren't missing other features as a result of whatever
Is wrong with your DSC module. I think a reflash of the DSC module will correct all of the issues you are having and keep
all of your features up.
Thanks for that, I think I may have found the overall issue. Last night I went to see if I could code the error out by disabling the feature only to find it wont let me into that module because of an error. I have no issue getting into other modules. I'm going to do what you said by reflashing the module but I need to figure out how to do that first. Here is the error in the log if it makes any sense to you.

[20:04:23.152] [2015-10-13] [SERIE] 2062 PABD/CABD A_E65.IPS Cod 379
[20:04:23.152] [2015-10-13] [SERIE] Error on reading coding data DSC_87, C_C_LESEN: ERROR_BIN_BUFFER

[20:04:23.257] [2015-10-13] [SERIE] 2062 Error COAPI2.CPP coapiRunCabd 6
[20:04:23.257] [2015-10-13] [SERIE] Error on reading coding data CODIERDATEN_LESEN

Thanks again for all your help on this one.
Appreciate 0