E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Dropped something under the ecu box....help?

02-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Dropped something under the ecu box....help?

The cowl is held down by two screws on each end with a flat metal piece that the screws go into. Well that small metal piece slide off and fell under the ecu box. Where does that lead? I dont know if I should try and remove the ecu box completely and look under there, or if I should jack the car up and try to get into the passengers fender well or undercarriage.

Its snowing and freezing and too cold to be out there when I dont know what I should be doing. Hopefully the ecu box doesnt have any deep holes underneath and the piece is just sitting under there. Still its a pita to get that ecu box completely out and im not sure if it can even be done. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
._.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

buy a replacement, if the dealer makes a fuss if they ever find it blame it on the awful work of the tech. I've had clips broken on the cowl by careless techs.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 02:40 AM   #3
gt3fever
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3, G87

i dropped 1 bolt under the ECU box but couldn't remove it either...

anyone knows how to?
Appreciate 0