E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > My New Princess!

05-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #45
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
looks good minus M badge lol

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #46
fventura03
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

looks good man, congrats, do LCI Projectors with HID's, or get some 4300k HID's for the stock headlights (even though most are saying not to)....
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #47
deluxe 247
Shake and Bake
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Ya if you could just go ahead and get rid of that m badge that'd be great....
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #48
mammothboarderdc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i Sport

Looks good. I really like the msport package and thats cool it came with exhaust. I would forget all the people saying get lci projectors, yea they look nice, but spending a 1000 per headlight plus ballast and your time to convert it.. not worth it. obviously doesn't affect driving at all, and imo its a waste when that money could be better spent on wheels, tires, suspension or any other driving dynamic upgrades. but yea man, cool pick up.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #49
Keepsitlegit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

With a little TLC you'll be fine. I wont repeat what everyone else has already suggested. but you should really do it unless you want to look "gookish" as you say. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #50
Barry Mackonier
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M-SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothboarderdc View Post
Looks good. I really like the msport package and thats cool it came with exhaust. I would forget all the people saying get lci projectors, yea they look nice, but spending a 1000 per headlight plus ballast and your time to convert it.. not worth it. obviously doesn't affect driving at all, and imo its a waste when that money could be better spent on wheels, tires, suspension or any other driving dynamic upgrades. but yea man, cool pick up.
Thanks for the comments man. Yes, I would never spend that kind of money on headlights, no way. I'm kinda liking the stock rims/tires. I just noticed the back rims are wider than the fronts, never knew the 328's came with this. Suspension is great also, no wheel gap, not sure if the previous owner lowered it?

So what are my options with just getting halos? The halos are already in the headlights, but they are the stock yellow color, what is suggested to just replace the yellow color? Can you run just halos at night or do you need the halogen bulbs? I'm thinking about painting the grille black today but its fricken 90 degrees here and 100 percent humidity.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #51
RNE90
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 LCI

looks good just a little bit of cleaning up to do to make it perfect

2011 E90 LCI BSM | Eibach | Alufelgen CS7 | AFE | BMS PBX | M-Tech | ACS | Performance Kidney Grills | LUX V3 | H&R
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #52
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Mackonier View Post
Thanks for the comments man. Yes, I would never spend that kind of money on headlights, no way. I'm kinda liking the stock rims/tires. I just noticed the back rims are wider than the fronts, never knew the 328's came with this. Suspension is great also, no wheel gap, not sure if the previous owner lowered it?

So what are my options with just getting halos? The halos are already in the headlights, but they are the stock yellow color, what is suggested to just replace the yellow color? Can you run just halos at night or do you need the halogen bulbs? I'm thinking about painting the grille black today but its fricken 90 degrees here and 100 percent humidity.
halos (aka angel eyes) arent headlights, just running lights so no, you cant just run with halos. staggered rims are a bmw thing. most bimmers come with staggered wheels. kinds risky buying a premodded car since theres no way to know how hard the previous owner ran the car, but seeing that its an N52, it probably wasnt run that hard i like the color combo, others are right about the badge and headlights. As for the halo color, get a sex of LUX angel eyes for the halogens and there are a few DIY instal guides on here to show you. Your car is a 3-series LCI or Life cycle impulse car with halogen Headlights so make sure you dont buy the bulbs for lci with xenon. needs some work, but overall nice car.
      05-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
mammothboarderdc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

LUX angel eyes makes a product for LCI halogen angels. Look into them. For the grill, I suggest buying a gloss or matte black one. It doesn't have to be OEM, but BMW does sell black kidney grills.

About running the angels: during the day, the inner ring with the inner daytime light runs. If you put the parking lights on, it runs both halos, but it also runs the turn signal lights orange. If you want to run just the halos during the day, I suggest bringing it into a shop that can do some simple coding for your headlights.

Best
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #54
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Congrats on the ride! I can't figure what's wrong in having an M-Badge on a M Sport 3er. Like someone said, it doesn't say M3. Anyway that's my 2 cents. Opinions differ.
its not an m. M stands for Motorsport. The motorsport division of BMW makes cars separately from regular BMWs. Thye stand out against other Bimmers and the competition. There is a sacred value for the M symbol and should be kept that way. Dont fuck up the sanctity of the M bro, its just not cool. thats probably the only real rule on this forum. ITs especially bad on this post because it quite possibly the furthest from an M car being a 328. My car is M-sport like this and i dont like even the M on the doorsills. The m is special and should be far more limited. Maybe they should do a vin check to prevent people from buying the badge without ownership of an M car. lol
      05-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #55
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothboarderdc View Post
everything on this forum is about cosmetics and aftermarket performance, if youre too cheap to make your car look nice with the right parts, you shoulda bought a civic, not a bmw.
      05-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #56
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep

here you go bud. LCI HAlogen LUX angel eyes: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839540
      05-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #57
mammothboarderdc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarclay410 View Post
everything on this forum is about cosmetics and aftermarket performance, if youre too cheap to make your car look nice with the right parts, you shoulda bought a civic, not a bmw.
My point was since it did not come with xenons from the factory, to not worry too much about it because it'll cost you way more to retrofit some than if he found a car already equipped with them from the factory. But he bought the car he liked... I was simply stating my opinion on the headlight options.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #58
Barry Mackonier
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M-SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarclay410 View Post
Some people would rather put 1,000$ into something that may give them a monetary gain, not into a depreciating asset maybe?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #59
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Some people would rather put 1,000$ into something that may give them a monetary gain, not into a depreciating asset maybe?
hahaha im not saying it makes sense, just stating what this forum is about. look around. ps, a solid gold car is not necessarily a depreciating asset