E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Mystery Part - please help identify

06-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
Volair
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i E92

Garage List
Mystery Part - please help identify

Upon taking the belly pan, I found this piece laying under the car.
I am not sure whether it was in the belly pan and rolled from it or came off when I was jacking up the car.

I looked everywhere under the car and cannot figure out what the heck this is for. It is made of soft rubber material. Thank you for your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #2
ajaye
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi SGM

that is the rubber bushing mount that your air filter box sits on. There is a small dowel it fits over to locate on the body of the car, then a concave depression in the underside of the air filter box that locates it on top of that bushing. Its a little tricky sometimes if you don't pay attention to that thing.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
Volair
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaye View Post
that is the rubber bushing mount that your air filter box sits on. There is a small dowel it fits over to locate on the body of the car, then a concave depression in the underside of the air filter box that locates it on top of that bushing. Its a little tricky sometimes if you don't pay attention to that thing.
Thank you so much! Makes total sense. I was replacing air filter a while back and must have knocked this thing off - it fell onto the belly pan and when I took the belly pan it rolled out. Much appreciated sir!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
ajaye
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi SGM

No problem. Major head scratching when I was in the same boat, and with the intake plumbing to the manifold not clocked right it doesn't seem like it fits on top of the thing in the right location, loosen that hose clamp if its not fitting and lining up the mounting hardware holes for the air box.
Appreciate 0