E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #4269
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

8. OBD.INI is in C:\ediabas\bin and \system32. COM port is set to 1

You need to have it in C:\windows and not \system32.

Hope that helps. Also if your dcan cable has a blue circuit board chip on the obd connection side the cable is defective. Vendors are still selling these cables even though it will not work regardless if pin 7 or 8 is connected. This cable is junk
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #4270
smiley32
Rep
Drives: BMW 318D

Yes I was wrong, C:\windows OBD.ini
and ediabas:ini C:\ediabas\bin

does not work
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #4271
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
I am trying to install this to another computer and I am running into an issue, I can find NCSEXPER.EXE

Edit: NM it finally worked, but just the icon didn't change.

Does anyone knows this?
BT_DATA_SERVICE
nicht_aktiv
BT_MODUL_ON_OFF
nicht_aktiv

Last edited by BRAISKI; 11-22-2012 at 12:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #4272
Jimbert
Jim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335xi, M Coupe

Garage List
Anybody in the Twin Cities, MN that would do some coding for me?
      11-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #4273
kevblah
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

quick question for you fellas

i was able to code NFRM just fine today, but when i went to read CIC, it came back with:

ERROR IN CABD! LOOK AT CABI.ERR AND ERROR.LOG
COAPI-2000: EDIABAS OR SGBD ERROR
SYS-0005: OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND

the log says this:

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI.CPP, Proc: coapiReadCodierIndexFromSg, LineNr: 05, ErrorNr: 2000
CODIERINDEX_LESEN: A_CIC

>> ERROR! Modul: LFCDHDIA.CPP (A_CIC.IPS/IPO), Proc: CDHapiResultText, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 2000

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 2000
CODIERDATEN_LESEN
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #4274
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
quick question for you fellas

i was able to code NFRM just fine today, but when i went to read CIC, it came back with:

ERROR IN CABD! LOOK AT CABI.ERR AND ERROR.LOG
COAPI-2000: EDIABAS OR SGBD ERROR

the log says this:

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI.CPP, Proc: coapiReadCodierIndexFromSg, LineNr: 05, ErrorNr: 2000
CODIERINDEX_LESEN: A_CIC

>> ERROR! Modul: LFCDHDIA.CPP (A_CIC.IPS/IPO), Proc: CDHapiResultText, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 2000

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 2000
CODIERDATEN_LESEN
Same here!!

I successfully updated the daten files to fix my gauge issues after coding the Kombi, but I can't seem to connect to the CIC module either... Same errors!!

Please help!!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #4275
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
Damn CIC. E92 m3
Last week some kind of module died in my car in which case stereo nor radio nor anything coming from the screen would work.

Dealer replaced the module and also recoded my CIC with some software. So now I can't read the CIC at all. Before went to the dealer using daten v41 software worked fine... Now, I have tried v41, v39, v42 and always this same error:

Error in CABD! Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR.LOG
COAPI-2041: wrong ecu coding index
A_CIC: CODIERINDEX = 1AH

Anybody have any idea what's going on? Every other module works except this one.

Thanks guys.
Was there any outcome to this? Im having the exact same issues on my e92 2009 CIC'
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #4276
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Was there any outcome to this? Im having the exact same issues on my e92 2009 CIC'
Finally worked it out with issues that popped up along the way.. I got a CHASSIS is Faulty error message after attempting to update to Daten v45 - which i assume had some corrupt files. I got the link from a forum member for the v45 files on another thread so beware when downloading.

The fix that i took was to uninstall everything and start from the scratch! I used the last backup files that i was successful with during the reinstall and then tested on the car - SUCCESS!!

That still didn't fix my issue in access the CIC module however, so i located DATEN v47 files which are the latest available and copied over only the:
  • Daten E89
    SGDAT
    ECU files

The link is below which i sourced from another forum member, so credit to whoever uploaded them as they have been tested by me and are successful.

http://www.torrentcrazy.com/torrent/...ing-all-in-one

Happy Coding! And I thought i'd just put my work through process to help anyone else out there who may get stuck or are looking for the latest DATEN V47 files...

It's sad to see that so many forum members standard reply is 'search' when these files are soo hard to find from a credible source.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #4277
spacemonkey1112
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i AW

a couple of quick questions, cause I can't find a complete answer:

1. Im tryin to follow the directions on the DIY, when I run the airbag test with INPA... will this still work even though I have my airbag lights & seatbelt lights going off on my dash? I've bought my cable and am waiting for it to come in, but I don't know if this test will still work, even though my lights are going off.

2. My goal is to turn off my seat occupancy sensor so that these lights will turn off... Can anyone point me towards the right direction as to what I am suppose to be coding exactly? I've read that I'm suppose to clear the following 2 things:
  • sidebag_links sidebag_rechts (set to nicht_aktiv)
  • disable the seat occupancy sensor both contain "oc3" (set to nicht_aktiv)

and then i'm suppose to clear the codes in INPA. Is this correct? Just wanting to double check.

3. My E-brake light is red on my dash. Dealership says my 3rd party mechanic didn't change my brake sensors so that's why is always on). I plan on changing my brakes on my own (I don't need the car to tell me when to change them.. planning to just check them myself). Is there a way to turn off these sensors and clear the this red E-brake light? Or if it's easier, can I just clear the red E-brake light in INPA without doing any coding?

Thank you in advance to those who reply to me!
      12-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #4278
Dcara
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5

Anyone else run into this?

I'm new at coding and I have followed the DIY guide to set everything up. When I launch INPA Loader and connect to my car INPA loads correctly and both circles are black. The problem is when I choose my chassis (I have an 07 E90) I select E90 (F9) and I get an error that says the configuration file for E90.eng can not be found.... Any help would be great!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #4279
spacemonkey1112
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey1112 View Post
a couple of quick questions, cause I can't find a complete answer:

1. Im tryin to follow the directions on the DIY, when I run the airbag test with INPA... will this still work even though I have my airbag lights & seatbelt lights going off on my dash? I've bought my cable and am waiting for it to come in, but I don't know if this test will still work, even though my lights are going off.

2. My goal is to turn off my seat occupancy sensor so that these lights will turn off... Can anyone point me towards the right direction as to what I am suppose to be coding exactly? I've read that I'm suppose to clear the following 2 things:
  • sidebag_links sidebag_rechts (set to nicht_aktiv)
  • disable the seat occupancy sensor both contain "oc3" (set to nicht_aktiv)

and then i'm suppose to clear the codes in INPA. Is this correct? Just wanting to double check.

3. My E-brake light is red on my dash. Dealership says my 3rd party mechanic didn't change my brake sensors so that's why is always on). I plan on changing my brakes on my own (I don't need the car to tell me when to change them.. planning to just check them myself). Is there a way to turn off these sensors and clear the this red E-brake light? Or if it's easier, can I just clear the red E-brake light in INPA without doing any coding?

Thank you in advance to those who reply to me!
can anyone help me out with the quoted question? thanks!
      12-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #4280
GenePoole
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
No. You need a new sensor. It is a part that wears out much like the pads. It has two wires embedded at an angle in a composite material of some kind. I don't know if it measures capacitance or what, but as the nub wears down, the wire ends get further apart (because of the angle). At a certain point, the ECU triggers the wear indicator. It won't go away until you replace the sensor. It is a $10-15 part and can be replaced without removing the brakes.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #4281
Dcara
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara View Post
I'm new at coding and I have followed the DIY guide to set everything up. When I launch INPA Loader and connect to my car INPA loads correctly and both circles are black. The problem is when I choose my chassis (I have an 07 E90) I select E90 (F9) and I get an error that says the configuration file for E90.eng can not be found.... Any help would be great!

So I have messed around with my setup to a point where I no longer know up from down so I have decided to start from Scratch and was hoping for some direction before I start.

I am using a macbook with VMware fusion. I have installed Windows 7 untimate (x86)

This is where I could use some help.
I have found more than one DIY and don't know which one I should follow.
One is on this forum Called "BMW coding success" The DIY has the follwing Files and guide.

Program files
http://rapidshare.com/files/429882289/NCSEXPER.rar

DIY in PDF format
http://rapidshare.com/files/429875523/NCS_DIY.pdf

I had also found a BMW all in one download. (don't recall what forum it was in)

Here are the issues I have been having...
1 - The one quoted above
2 - The driver for the cable (I bought the one in the BMW CODING Success DYI) does not seem to work properly. when I connect the cable it shows up under USB and has no driver. Manually updating the driver does not work.
3 - when I open INPALOADER with no cable connected to my computer I get the black dots for Battery and Ignition (is that normal?)

All that being said if anyone can point me in the right direction of a good DIY and the proper files to use I would really appreciate it!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #4282
spacemonkey1112
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
No. You need a new sensor. It is a part that wears out much like the pads. It has two wires embedded at an angle in a composite material of some kind. I don't know if it measures capacitance or what, but as the nub wears down, the wire ends get further apart (because of the angle). At a certain point, the ECU triggers the wear indicator. It won't go away until you replace the sensor. It is a $10-15 part and can be replaced without removing the brakes.
thanks for the heads up! do you think i can find out how to do this in the DIY threads? Also, do you know if I need to clear any codes using my ODBII cable after i put in the new sensor?
      12-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #4283
GenePoole
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
thanks for the heads up! do you think i can find out how to do this in the DIY threads? Also, do you know if I need to clear any codes using my ODBII cable after i put in the new sensor?
Once you replace the sensor the warning goes away. There is no code set from this. It is just a go/no-go check that is constantly being monitored--much like your gas gauge: when the fuel warning light comes on, fill it up and the warning goes away.

I don't know of any DIY that shows any detail on the sensor replacement, but it is pretty straightforward. There's a notch in the brake pad that accepts a the sensor and a steel clip embedded in the sensor end snaps into the notch.

Here's a picture of the sensor (courtesy of autohausaz.com where I buy a lot of parts):

Notice the triangular protrusion at the end. That is the part that rides against the brake rotor and wears with the pads. Watch out as they tend to want to break at that curved spot if you put too much stress on them.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #4284
spacemonkey1112
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
Once you replace the sensor the warning goes away. There is no code set from this. It is just a go/no-go check that is constantly being monitored--much like your gas gauge: when the fuel warning light comes on, fill it up and the warning goes away.

I don't know of any DIY that shows any detail on the sensor replacement, but it is pretty straightforward. There's a notch in the brake pad that accepts a the sensor and a steel clip embedded in the sensor end snaps into the notch.

Here's a picture of the sensor (courtesy of autohausaz.com where I buy a lot of parts):

Notice the triangular protrusion at the end. That is the part that rides against the brake rotor and wears with the pads. Watch out as they tend to want to break at that curved spot if you put too much stress on them.

Thanks a lot man! really appreciate the info! Slowly trying to learn everything I can about maintaining my car to save myself some extra cash
      12-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #4285
najin23
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 LSD....

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [0.00]
Quote:
same here. But I have succeeded several codings before I had jb4 installed. I just figured that I should have my map to 0 all the time whenever I try to obd diagnose or emission test. So I will try again after setting it to map 0. After trying numerously and complained the quality of the cable from hongkong. Seller refunded without taking it back from me. If it works after setting map to 0, then I will paypal the seller. Just too much nice people overseas compare to people here in the us.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #4286
najin23
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 LSD....

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [0.00]
Quote:
So I have messed around with my setup to a point where I no longer know up from down so I have decided to start from Scratch and was hoping for some direction before I start.

I am using a macbook with VMware fusion. I have installed Windows 7 untimate (x86)

This is where I could use some help.
I have found more than one DIY and don't know which one I should follow.
One is on this forum Called "BMW coding success" The DIY has the follwing Files and guide.

Program files
http://rapidshare.com/files/429882289/NCSEXPER.rar

DIY in PDF format
http://rapidshare.com/files/429875523/NCS_DIY.pdf

I had also found a BMW all in one download. (don't recall what forum it was in)

Here are the issues I have been having...
1 - The one quoted above
2 - The driver for the cable (I bought the one in the BMW CODING Success DYI) does not seem to work properly. when I connect the cable it shows up under USB and has no driver. Manually updating the driver does not work.
3 - when I open INPALOADER with no cable connected to my computer I get the black dots for Battery and Ignition (is that normal?)

All that being said if anyone can point me in the right direction of a good DIY and the proper files to use I would really appreciate it!!!!!
I have succeeded with the first one. I did enable digital velocity, remote close/open everyting, side signal delete. I am about to do more mods as long as my old 06 built e92 335i allows.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #4287
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by najin23 View Post
same here. But I have succeeded several codings before I had jb4 installed. I just figured that I should have my map to 0 all the time whenever I try to obd diagnose or emission test. So I will try again after setting it to map 0. After trying numerously and complained the quality of the cable from hongkong. Seller refunded without taking it back from me. If it works after setting map to 0, then I will paypal the seller. Just too much nice people overseas compare to people here in the us.
Well, that really took some balls to post

What about all the 'nice' people here in the U.S. that researched the available cables, and thru trial & error, posted the approved/tested cable for all - back 196 pages ago (and way too numerous times since then)?

You chose to buy a different cable, no doubt because it was cheaper - and you got what you paid for...

If it wasn't for all the 'nice' people here in the U.S., this thread, and the Coding Forum section containing a wealth of info + how/where to download the FREE software, would not even exist.
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #4288
Dcara
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by najin23 View Post
I have succeeded with the first one. I did enable digital velocity, remote close/open everyting, side signal delete. I am about to do more mods as long as my old 06 built e92 335i allows.
Well after starting from scratch (reinstalling vmware and all the coding tools) I was able to code my car. Was hoping that I had FRM2 so I could get my AE's as del and do the fade in on unlock, but I guess I'll have to look into some of the wiring harnesses that are out there.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to the thread! Would have never been able to code my car without all the info.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #4289
banky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Hi all. Last night was my first time digging around my ECU and i noticed something strange. Earlier in the day i had installed slim DDM ballasts for my fog lights. I wanted to code out the cold/warm check and noticed that the only way i can find the values was when i viewed the FULL .trc file. If i tried to go through each module, (FRM, CAS, etc.) i would not be able to find the values.

the problem with this is, whenever i try to code the whole car (ie. process car) i always error out. i might be doing something wrong, but i get an error when i try to run "basic function" and if i skip that, i error out at the end as well. So, when i try to find the values in my NFRM (i dont have FRM) i cannot find the warm/cold checks for the fog lights, but every other light is there.

any suggestions?

car: 07/2007 e92
35w 3000k h11
DDM slim ballasts
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #4290
banky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by banky View Post
Hi all. Last night was my first time digging around my ECU and i noticed something strange. Earlier in the day i had installed slim DDM ballasts for my fog lights. I wanted to code out the cold/warm check and noticed that the only way i can find the values was when i viewed the FULL .trc file. If i tried to go through each module, (FRM, CAS, etc.) i would not be able to find the values.

the problem with this is, whenever i try to code the whole car (ie. process car) i always error out. i might be doing something wrong, but i get an error when i try to run "basic function" and if i skip that, i error out at the end as well. So, when i try to find the values in my NFRM (i dont have FRM) i cannot find the warm/cold checks for the fog lights, but every other light is there.

any suggestions?

car: 07/2007 e92
35w 3000k h11
DDM slim ballasts
to be a little more clear, the spreadsheet on e90 says that my car year (2007) doesnt have the values... but why would the values come up when i read the whole car and not individual modules?
Appreciate 0