E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Africa > Are there any South Africans out there????

01-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #45
Jongi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320i w/Exclusive

Hi all.

I think my profile has it all.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 04:28 AM   #46
lcharles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW330i

After a mere 8 months of ownership, I have decided to trade my BMW in for a Lexus IS250 so I doubt I will be welcome here anymore (HE HE)........

I wonder if there is a Lexus forum out there....
(PDC all-round, Bi-Xenon, Rain sensor, Headlamp washer system, Floor Mats, Elec Seat with Mem, Cd changer)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2007, 12:17 AM   #47
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcharles View Post
After a mere 8 months of ownership, I have decided to trade my BMW in for a Lexus IS250 so I doubt I will be welcome here anymore (HE HE)........

I wonder if there is a Lexus forum out there....
Well, you can still come in here even though you have sold your E90.. we won't ban you.... but be warned that you might just want to buy another BMW hehehe.

Any particular reason for selling your E90? Was it giving you too much trouble or you just love the IS more? I remember that when my car was giving me trouble that resulted in it staying with the dealer for about 3 months, I seriously considered changing to another car manufacturer... but as soon as it was fixed, I forgot all about that, and I'm still enjoying it.... and my next car is still gonna be a BMW.

Having said that, the IS is a great car ... congratulations, and have fun...

You can check these forums for Lexus info:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/f21
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/
http://www.lexusforum.com/
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2007, 12:23 AM   #48
lcharles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill30 View Post
Well, you can still come in here even though you have sold your E90.. we won't ban you.... but be warned that you might just want to buy another BMW hehehe.

Any particular reason for selling your E90? Was it giving you too much trouble or you just love the IS more? I remember that when my car was giving me trouble that resulted in it staying with the dealer for about 3 months, I seriously considered changing to another car manufacturer... but as soon as it was fixed, I forgot all about that, and I'm still enjoying it.... and my next car is still gonna be a BMW.

Having said that, the IS is a great car ... congratulations, and have fun...

You can check these forums for Lexus info:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/f21
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/
http://www.lexusforum.com/

I have to say the 330 was powerful. Give me a powerful car and I can't but help myself. Also coupled with the fact that I only got to use my car going to work, traffic and robot to robot etc, I was averaging 16L - 17L per 100 kms. I couldn't live with the fact that a tank of petrol only got me max 390kms....

So I got something with alot less oomph but lots of gadgets. Now I can play with the gadgets whilst sitting in the traffic.
(PDC all-round, Bi-Xenon, Rain sensor, Headlamp washer system, Floor Mats, Elec Seat with Mem, Cd changer)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2007, 06:16 AM   #49
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcharles View Post
I have to say the 330 was powerful. Give me a powerful car and I can't but help myself. Also coupled with the fact that I only got to use my car going to work, traffic and robot to robot etc, I was averaging 16L - 17L per 100 kms. I couldn't live with the fact that a tank of petrol only got me max 390kms....

So I got something with alot less oomph but lots of gadgets. Now I can play with the gadgets whilst sitting in the traffic.
Wow, 16-17 l/100km ??? ... The last time I had figures like yours was while I was breaking the E90 in.

On average, a full tank lasts me more than 600 km... and I do 700km if I take it easy on the throttle.... but it's mainly because I stay in Pretoria and work in Joburg... and I avoid traffic by going to work before the morning traffic jams and leaving before the afternoon traffic jams.... it's only on weekends when I do figures close to yours, as I drive the car the way it should be, once it has warmed up of course.... no abuse, just good old hard driving.

I don't blame you for getting rid of your E90... those consumption figures are bad... not to mention the indirect damage the stop-go traffic is doing on the car.... that 330i engine is surely an unhappy one, since it loves high revs and traffic jams starve it of that... very sad indeed.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #50
Jusjones
Registered
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 323i Sportspack

Shout of from CPT

Hiya All. Not sure if anybody is still following this thread but I thought I give a big Shout our from CPT. Got My BMW 323i In December Last year have not really had time to take it for a nice cruise but have had time to get down smacked by another car(only small dent on door (size of a 50c piece), took to Panel Beaters but they some how managed to make a further dent and got white spots all over my new Sparkling Graphite BMW. They somehow managed not to take any blame but said they would fixed and then buffed a shit Job all over the car, It looks crap and I am gutted. (This was in January) and about a month ago I was parked up at Golf Club and someone managed to hit a ball onto my roof. (BMWs GOT SUCH A THIN ROOF) so got ripples on the Roof. Yet to get that Repaired.

So my luck so far with my First BMW is not that Good. But Love the Car wish I was brave enough to custom it but with my luck I can only imagine what will go wrong. I wish I could take legal action or respray the entire car again just to get that showroom look.

Any Ideas out there?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #51
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusjones View Post
Hiya All. Not sure if anybody is still following this thread but I thought I give a big Shout our from CPT. Got My BMW 323i In December Last year have not really had time to take it for a nice cruise but have had time to get down smacked by another car(only small dent on door (size of a 50c piece), took to Panel Beaters but they some how managed to make a further dent and got white spots all over my new Sparkling Graphite BMW. They somehow managed not to take any blame but said they would fixed and then buffed a shit Job all over the car, It looks crap and I am gutted. (This was in January) and about a month ago I was parked up at Golf Club and someone managed to hit a ball onto my roof. (BMWs GOT SUCH A THIN ROOF) so got ripples on the Roof. Yet to get that Repaired.

So my luck so far with my First BMW is not that Good. But Love the Car wish I was brave enough to custom it but with my luck I can only imagine what will go wrong. I wish I could take legal action or respray the entire car again just to get that showroom look.

Any Ideas out there?
Welcome to the boards ... well maybe that colour aint lucky for you ... eish but is does sound like a case of bad voodoo....

Was the repair at a BMW paintshop? ... cause id get them to do it again, until you are happy with it ... buffing i don like ... too many swirl marks ...

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #52
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusjones View Post

Any Ideas out there?
Welcome Jusjones... I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes.... those morons have really ruined a beautiful experience for you:mad:.

However, i'm sure that the sound of the straight six howling as you floor it, wipes out all the disappoitments you've had with your car.

I'm not a fan of modding cars... but if you do go that route, be sure to check how those mods affect your Motorplan.... the only mod I know that does not affect your motorplan is AC Schnitzer.

I think you should try and find a good reputable panel beater... it might be worth it to ask the BMW dealerships to recommend one.... Dealerships usually partner with good panel beating shops.

I can't recommend any panel beater as I'm up here in Gauteng... hopefully guys in the Cape will come in and recommend some... I know there are guys in this forum who are based in the Cape.

Good luck, and don't let these disappointments ruin your ownership experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #53
Jusjones
Registered
South Africa
Rep

I asked the Dealership at the time but they did not seem to know of any, maybe I spoke to wrong guy there or something.

But you right {THRILL30} putting foot and hearing the thunder makes me forget about all the mishaps.

I am not into modds as much as I used to be, modded my Jap imported Hilux Surf, it was cool for about a hour then I got bored, thought I was selling it so ripped everything out, ending up shipping it with me from the UK so got all Mods in a box but can't be bothered to install again.

I am in the printing business and got a Vinyl Printer, so Car Graphics I can do, but I can't bring myself to making the BMW look to cheap, but with my luck maybe its worth covering. LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #54
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
yeah agree with thrill30, if you do decide to "change" anything on the BM, id say keep it BMW ... not much of a fan of AC Schnitzer ... feel these new BMWs esp look best with OEM parts ....

On your service book at the end, there should be a list of approved BMW paint shops ...

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #55
Jusjones
Registered
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
yeah agree with thrill30, if you do decide to "change" anything on the BM, id say keep it BMW ... not much of a fan of AC Schnitzer ... feel these new BMWs esp look best with OEM parts ....

On your service book at the end, there should be a list of approved BMW paint shops ...
Thanks "adamr" shall take a look. Going this week to sort out roof rippels LOL maybe take it to Moto One for a good buff Job and a high Polish.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 03:02 AM   #56
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
... not much of a fan of AC Schnitzer ... feel these new BMWs esp look best with OEM parts ....
+1.... I also find AC Schnitzer to be too much... almost to the point of ruining the car... In my view, they go over the top with their aggressive styling. I prefer the OEM look.

Quote:
Good point. There is definitely a list of dealerships and paint/panel shops in one of the booklets.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 02:07 AM   #57
335icopeman
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

I am SA. Dads from JHB. a city I cant speel it but with (-) its ka-larn-ney in JHB
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #58
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335icopeman View Post
I am SA. Dads from JHB. a city I cant speel it but with (-) its ka-larn-ney in JHB
lol ... johannesburg ... killarney ... cool . how often u here this side?

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #59
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

yes, but i am in the usa; here's a reply i posted on another thread today:

just picked up my 335i coupe, ex cape town, live in florida, usa. after test driving the car with nav, decided against it as that second binnacle in the middle of the dashboard just looks wrong (to me, anyway!), and the hump always appeared to disturb my vision - just my opinion. also, i have had poor experiences with oem navigation as it obsoletes fairly quickly. this happened on my porsche and mercedes, so now i use the garmin 360 nuvi, at around $500, i don't care if it obsoletes! enough of that, my coupe came with jet black paint, black dakota leather, premium, sport, steptronic, paddles, comfort, ipod usb - listed at $47 500. a bargain in my mind, the logic 7 stereo is very, very good, and coupled with the usb ipod option is incredible - all of your ipod menu's appear on the radio display! comfort key is fabulous, no need to take the key out of your pocket, simply walk up to the car and get in and push START. i can really get used to this! the motor, well, if your on this forum, you must know all about bmw engines, but this one is a killer, smoothest acceleration i have ever experienced, and my last car had an amg 55 motor. how does this price compare with sa? are your cars optioned in a similar fashion. and yes, there is a long wait for coupes in the usa....
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #60
1stKnight
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Roadster

I'm from SA; spent 24 years in my adopted land from 6yrs old to 30!
Mostly in Durban.

I visited the UK 7 years ago with the intention of seeing where I was born and taking a year or two out to make some £££'s and then return but I met a beautiful Belgian woman and married her! So returning to SA is now not something that is gonna happen soon...but I visit as my heart is there and I have family who still live in Durbs.

I'm on my 4th Beemer now, had a 320d M-Sport saloon, Z4 Roadster, 330cd M-Sport convertible and now a 335i SE Coupe. All great cars.
Previous car:
BMW E92 335i SE Manual 2006
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #61
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency View Post
yes, but i am in the usa; here's a reply i posted on another thread today:

just picked up my 335i coupe, ex cape town, live in florida, usa. after test driving the car with nav, decided against it as that second binnacle in the middle of the dashboard just looks wrong (to me, anyway!), and the hump always appeared to disturb my vision - just my opinion. also, i have had poor experiences with oem navigation as it obsoletes fairly quickly. this happened on my porsche and mercedes, so now i use the garmin 360 nuvi, at around $500, i don't care if it obsoletes! enough of that, my coupe came with jet black paint, black dakota leather, premium, sport, steptronic, paddles, comfort, ipod usb - listed at $47 500. a bargain in my mind, the logic 7 stereo is very, very good, and coupled with the usb ipod option is incredible - all of your ipod menu's appear on the radio display! comfort key is fabulous, no need to take the key out of your pocket, simply walk up to the car and get in and push START. i can really get used to this! the motor, well, if your on this forum, you must know all about bmw engines, but this one is a killer, smoothest acceleration i have ever experienced, and my last car had an amg 55 motor. how does this price compare with sa? are your cars optioned in a similar fashion. and yes, there is a long wait for coupes in the usa....

yep the waiting lists are long for both the coupe and convertible so i have been told ... and both cars are carrying a R100k premium over their list price ...

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #62
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stKnight View Post
I'm from SA; spent 24 years in my adopted land from 6yrs old to 30!
Mostly in Durban.

I visited the UK 7 years ago with the intention of seeing where I was born and taking a year or two out to make some £££'s and then return but I met a beautiful Belgian woman and married her! So returning to SA is now not something that is gonna happen soon...but I visit as my heart is there and I have family who still live in Durbs.

I'm on my 4th Beemer now, had a 320d M-Sport saloon, Z4 Roadster, 330cd M-Sport convertible and now a 335i SE Coupe. All great cars.
cool stuff !!! .... you have had some nice cars!

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 03:52 AM   #63
irq5
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, M-Sport, 8AT

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
New to the forum - Not a new BMW driver though.

I've been driving an RX-8 for the past 3 years now - Great car, but it's now out of it's maintenance plan and is starting to give a bit of trouble. Just recently made the decision to go back to a BMW and placed my order. I should be taking delivery by the end of the week of a Sapphire Black 335i Sedan...

Looking forward to it!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #64
rennzport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

hey, fellow south africans

didn't realise this thread existed, and quite a number of you guys.

I'm in Cape Town.
Expecting to get my 335i coupe by the end of the month.

It will be my 3rd BMW - previously had e36 M3, e46 325Ci [sold last month], and now the 335i.

Can't wait to get it!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 02:43 AM   #65
wuufer001
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 M/T

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.34]
how many of us are in the US?
I'm 1
      03-31-2008, 11:52 PM   #66
irq5
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, M-Sport, 8AT

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Just got mine

So, I just picked up my e90 335i on Friday.

Wow! I mean, I new the car was good, but I didn't know it was this good!

Up here on the highveld, there's probably no better car to be driving (well, in the price range obviously...)

I can't wait till I'm past the run in period to really push her a bit and see all that she's got...
Appreciate 0