E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Africa > Mini Review of 335i E93

05-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #23
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 RS

Garage List
Phew ... at least im not the only one who loves his car so much ... good to know im not alone

I wont take ACC as an option, its nice like having a TV in your car and showing it off to your buddies but you end up harldy using it... NAV yes def must! ... (also got a phone that has GPS .. hehe )

I love the Logic 7 in my car, how you finding yours? ... my music choice is all over the show (from 50cent to linkin park), driving home from monte this evening and was listening to some jazz, manfred mann .... (old stuff) ... love this sound system ...

My extras on a ///M would be, CA, adaptive lights, 19"s, Logic-7, Nav and PDC ... whats the EDC? (I have not read the tech details in all that depth of the M3)

Extended leather willbe pricey ... if im correct its a R70k extra on the ///M5

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #24
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamr View Post
Phew ... at least im not the only one who loves his car so much ... good to know im not alone

I wont take ACC as an option, its nice like having a TV in your car and showing it off to your buddies but you end up harldy using it... NAV yes def must! ... (also got a phone that has GPS .. hehe )
Agreed... Navigation and Bluetooth are a must for me....
Quote:
I love the Logic 7 in my car, how you finding yours? ... my music choice is all over the show (from 50cent to linkin park), driving home from monte this evening and was listening to some jazz, manfred mann .... (old stuff) ... love this sound system ...
I love my Logic 7 as well.... I think it is perfect... I assume the Individual High-end Audio will be even better... that's why I want it.... however, if it is too expensive, I will go for the Logic 7, because frankly I have not found any faults with it since 2005.
Quote:
My extras on a ///M would be, CA, adaptive lights, 19"s, Logic-7, Nav and PDC ... whats the EDC? (I have not read the tech details in all that depth of the M3)
EDC stands for Electronic Damper Control... It will provide 3 levels of ride comfort (Normal, Sporty, Comfort)... or something along those lines... I think it will be cool to be able to change the ride comfort level at a touch of a button.... but i can see BMW pricing this option way too much.
Quote:
Extended leather willbe pricey ... if im correct its a R70k extra on the ///M5
It's sad that they make Extended Leather so expensive.... in that case, I won't even consider it... I would much rather use that money for something else.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #25
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
EDC ... ok thats cool, the ///M can at times be a bit hard ... so that will be a useful extra ...

BMW individual high end audio .... mmmm ... ok read the details ... 16 speakers, 825W of power ... wow ... i want ... no prices yet on the car?

EDIT: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...t=56028&page=2 .... R20k for the uprated sound ... my god

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 02:51 AM   #26
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
EDC ... ok thats cool, the ///M can at times be a bit hard ... so that will be a useful extra ...

BMW individual high end audio .... mmmm ... ok read the details ... 16 speakers, 825W of power ... wow ... i want ... no prices yet on the car?

EDIT: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...t=56028&page=2 .... R20k for the uprated sound ... my god
Yep... BMW boys have gone crazy with the pricing... the base price is high enough if the rumoured R640K is accurate... and they have to skin us alive with exorbitant prices on the options too. Weird indeed. I think Logic 7 will do just fine for me. That R20K would probably be best spent on something like Navigation... I still find it difficult to believe that Navigation is not standard.

The least they could do was to offer the EDC as standard, to justify the R95K premium over the E46 ///M3... but no, they had to be this unforgiving. I suppose they are using the CF roof as an excuse for the price.

Right about now, those long waiting lists at dealerships are about to get really short.

I'm afraid, it looks like I might just be headed for the sedan... I'll reserve my final decision until I have seen the official pricing... I'm still hoping for a miracle on the standard options.
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #27
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill30 View Post

The least they could do was to offer the EDC as standard, to justify the R95K premium over the E46 ///M3... but no, they had to be this unforgiving. I suppose they are using the CF roof as an excuse for the price.

Right about now, those long waiting lists at dealerships are about to get really short...

hehe ... agreed ... dont think all those guys driving golf 1's for the past 5 years that ordered M3's can afford the high price tag (assuming they were saving all this time) .. so the list is gonna be small ... sure i have seen 996 twin turbos for about R800k odd ... take a Porsche instead considering a spec-ed ///M3 should be well over R700k ...

When i spoke to my sales guy at Alberante yesterday i told him i will be keen on taking an m3 in 08, he told me "i think you will be lucky and get it sooner" ... when i ordered the car last year he told me the list is too long ... so people already dropping off the list ... !?

will not go for an 07 model ... in 08 i will .. and with the///M's they always change things in the car every year ...

on waiting lists: with the RS4, dealers will go on how there is a year waiting list, i emailed a couple of dealers on a Sunday, Monday i got replies with discounts and cars in stock .. the dealer at the Audi glen had the papers drawn up and everything before i even saw the car, a demo was on hand also for me to drive, and when i decided not to take the car he phoned me after a month asking if I'm still looking for an RS4 ... (cause he could not sell it) ... i could get all the colours and with discounts too ... the prices were not cheap R650k odd ... but with spec of course ...

If it is R640k ... then South Africa is the only place in the world where an RS4 is cheaper id say ... the RS4 comes with no spec at all ... so BMW is doing the same and it makes the car a bit competitive with the RS4 pricing ... so i think what 888 posted might be very accurate ...

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #28
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
hehe ... agreed ... dont think all those guys driving golf 1's for the past 5 years that ordered M3's can afford the high price tag (assuming they were saving all this time) .. so the list is gonna be small ... sure i have seen 996 twin turbos for about R800k odd ... take a Porsche instead considering a spec-ed ///M3 should be well over R700k ...
Yep... the ///M3 is getting very expensive.... Some 2nd-hand Porsches are going to start making a lot more sense than the new ///M.
Quote:

When i spoke to my sales guy at Alberante yesterday i told him i will be keen on taking an m3 in 08, he told me "i think you will be lucky and get it sooner" ... when i ordered the car last year he told me the list is too long ... so people already dropping off the list ... !?
Yeah, people are gonna fall off the waiting lists pretty quickly.... the statements from the Alberante guy seems to support our theory.... that's one more reason for me to stay away from the waiting list.... I don't want to be a beta-tester again.... being an E90 beta-tester was enough pain.
Quote:

will not go for an 07 model ... in 08 i will .. and with the///M's they always change things in the car every year ...
+1... hopefully they will have sorted out most of the bugs on the ///M's by 2008.
Quote:
on waiting lists: with the RS4, dealers will go on how there is a year waiting list, i emailed a couple of dealers on a Sunday, Monday i got replies with discounts and cars in stock .. the dealer at the Audi glen had the papers drawn up and everything before i even saw the car, a demo was on hand also for me to drive, and when i decided not to take the car he phoned me after a month asking if I'm still looking for an RS4 ... (cause he could not sell it) ... i could get all the colours and with discounts too ... the prices were not cheap R650k odd ... but with spec of course ...
I've heard about the discounts offered on RS4. At one point I was even tempted to go test-drive one, but decided against it when I started seeing the E92 ///M spy pictures.... I suppose they are trying to "create" demand by claiming long waiting lists. The weird stuff sales people get up to.
Quote:
If it is R640k ... then South Africa is the only place in the world where an RS4 is cheaper id say ... the RS4 comes with no spec at all ... so BMW is doing the same and it makes the car a bit competitive with the RS4 pricing ... so i think what 888 posted might be very accurate ...
Yeah, I also think the info posted by 888 is accurate or at least very close... and I have a problem with that , because I would really like the new ///M to come with more standard equipment.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #29
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Ws at the dealer to pick up my number plates ... asked about the price on the ///M3 ... exact words: "unconfirmed yet, but R670k" ... ... and that was base price ...

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #30
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ws at the dealer to pick up my number plates ... asked about the price on the ///M3 ... exact words: "unconfirmed yet, but R670k" ... ... and that was base price ...
That price will be sad indeed if it is correct... they better load it up with all the goodies if they price it at that level.

This pricing is getting me worried about the ///M sedan .... if the Coupe is R670K, then I can see BMW pricing the sedan at R600K, which will be sad:mad:.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #31
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill30 View Post
That price will be sad indeed if it is correct... they better load it up with all the goodies if they price it at that level.

This pricing is getting me worried about the ///M sedan .... if the Coupe is R670K, then I can see BMW pricing the sedan at R600K, which will be sad:mad:.
Ya ... i cant see how all 30 people on a list at just one dealership can then afford this car, looks like all the rich 60 year old plus toupies gonna be driving the ///M3 if it is over R700k with extras ... i sure do hope this is not the case.

Maybe at R670k they included the NAV and logic 7 as standard ... i dunno
pricing should be anyday now ... have you heard anything from anyone yet?

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #32
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ya ... i cant see how all 30 people on a list at just one dealership can then afford this car, looks like all the rich 60 year old plus toupies gonna be driving the ///M3 if it is over R700k with extras ... i sure do hope this is not the case.

Maybe at R670k they included the NAV and logic 7 as standard ... i dunno
pricing should be anyday now ... have you heard anything from anyone yet?
Yep... at that price it's going to be above R700K by just adding 19 inch wheels and Navigation..... once you start adding Extended leather and EDC, it will get painfully close to R800K:mad:.... freaking unbelievable.

No, unfortunately I haven't heard anything regarding confirmation of the pricing... hopefully it won't be long now.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #33
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep

Garage List
Certainly the pace at which these cars are going up in price it becomes unaffordable ... in 2001 you could buy the ///M3 ... come 2007 the ///M3 is out of your league ... and thats even though you know you have been moving up in the world and progressing ... just crazy .... people say inflation, it is def more than that ...

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
Appreciate 0