E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > The annoyance of living in the city - just venting

08-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
floot_roops
181st Imperial Pilot
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335xi

The annoyance of living in the city - just venting

Just venting about a ding.
I've street parked all of 4 times since having this car.
It's a daily driver, so I can't keep it in a garage all the time (i.e. like when I'm home or at work) while living a normal life... I know it's inevitable to pick up stuff like this, but DAMMIT, this soon? (I started using the car about 6 weeks ago)

I'm OCD about finding decent parking with lots of space on all sides to avoid this sort of thing. It just goes to show that some people can't parallel park regardless of how much space they have around them. These people shouldn't drive. I don't care if you're parking next to a Lambo or a Tercel; you don't hit other cars and accept it as part of normal parking on the street. I've seen too many people think nothing of "love tapping" the car behind or in front when pulling in or out of a streetside spot.

Sigh. I know it was going to happen eventually, but the fact that it happened so quickly with so few times taking the car out for evening activities makes me want to just cab it everywhere.

What a terrible location too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
ultimate
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

i feel you dude. welcome to chicago! haha. i'm anal when i have to parallel too. i either find a huge gap or try finding a spot either end of the street/curb.
what neighborhood are you from?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
im with you there

I ran over a chunk of road that was broken out from the crack today and feel like I broke something...can tell what yet
      08-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
floot_roops
181st Imperial Pilot
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335xi

I live downtown in the Loop area. I live in a highrise, so I've got a nice parking garage, and we have decent garages at work. It's just the occasional evening out when I want to drive instead of cab... (i.e. trivia nights with friends or the such).

What's really annoying is that in 4 years here with the Subaru, no dents, and I parked that thing everywhere. Well, it had pretty flat front/rear bumpers, so people could have bumped it and I never would have been able to tell. This is just in the damnedest spot on the BMW. It's like it has a broken nose. The paint's not even gone, it's just all wrinkled up with the deformation of the ABS plastic. Don't suppose anything can be done with this...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
a shop might be able to heat it up and mold it out a little, depends on how the paint cooperates