E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > I was with Valentine 1 and cops just passed me no beep.. is it ok?

02-02-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
anuna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328 XI coupe

I was with Valentine 1 and cops just passed me no beep.. is it ok?

I was 5~10 miles up from speed limit around campus area
In the night around 12:00 A.M
cops just passed right next to me
but my V1 was saying nothing
Is it wrong? or V1 only works when cops using speed radar?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuna View Post
V1 only works when cops using speed radar?
Bingo
      02-02-2007, 01:37 AM   #3
anuna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328 XI coupe

Is it possible for me to get cut? although cops not using radar but for cops I seem like go so much faster then speed limit
Is it possible?
sorry for unclear statement~
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

wow you live in wisconsin and have english as your second language? O_O thats surprising (unless you french maybe)

v1 is not a cop detector lol, i would pay 1k $ for a cop detector if they made one

cop can still get your speed w/o radar by pacing you (following you) or by estimating (doesnt usually happen)
      02-02-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

I don't know what it's like there, but watch out for helo's too. They will fly with you, and time you between two fixed points. Then they'll radio someone on the ground, and then you'll have some bright lights behind you..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
v1 is not a cop detector lol, i would pay 1k $ for a cop detector if they made one

cop can still get your speed w/o radar by pacing you (following you) or by estimating (doesnt usually happen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
I don't know what it's like there, but watch out for helo's too. They will fly with you, and time you between two fixed points. Then they'll radio someone on the ground, and then you'll have some bright lights behind you..
yup, back in the old days they use the halo technique alot in the south central states (Texas, Louisiana). They paint two white stripes on the road (probably 1 mile apart on any interstate highway), a plane ontop start the clock as soon as you hit the 1 stripe and stop the clock when you hit the second stripes. Bamp! Next thing you know, 10 or so state troppers are sitting in front of you and the cops are waving you into the side of the road. hehehe.

I wonder why they stop doing this, maybe it was too much work. I have not seen this techniques for 8-10 years now.

If they wanted to, they can follow you and match your speed and can also get you that way. It is very rare because the only way that would work is if they catch you daydreaming and you are not aware a cop is driving next to you.