E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > BMW S1000 RR Super Sport

02-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #23
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DPOWER View Post
Best looking bike out there IMO ! Epic
Thanks fella and have to say i agree its a gorgeous looking bike - although the Aprilia RSV4 and of course the Ducati Panigale R are also very sexy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheManc View Post
Stunning mate.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
I know bugger all about bikes, even less on how to ride them. But that does look very good Steve Good to see you posting again, even for a short period
Good to hear from you matey - hope all is well with you and the missus - and im sick to the stomach at your current steed - what a total GIT you are!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-vfr View Post
e90post bike meet in the summer sounds good.Make it somewhere epic like Ponderosa cafe on the Horseshoe Pass.....Nice bike mate
Sounds good and count me in!! Maybe even an e90 bike track day if anyones up for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Thanks for thE text earlier bud! Bike looks mental, my favourite bike I have to say! Good luck at the weekend! Hope to see you soon!
Thanks kiddo - much appreciated and we must get together soon for a catchup - been far too long - e090 karting must also be sorted this summer - and im not now doing my ACU licence on Sunday, too long a story but effectively im now doing it all through MSVT and im doing their Level 1 Race Academy and ACU test all on the same day up at Cadwell on March 22nd - i was going to do it at Snetterton 300 but i know how much of a loon i usually am at Snetterton and i know how much more respect i give Cadwell so hopefully i will wind it back a notch, not get too hot headed and get through it all and pass - fingers crossed!!
      02-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #24
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Good luck and you will smash it mate! Cadwell is awesome!! You have done plenty of TD there haven't you?!!! ( I remember you saying)

Mate, I have mags from when the S1000RR came out, makes it good reading. It's a fucking monstah!
      02-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #25
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Good luck and you will smash it mate! Cadwell is awesome!! You have done plenty of TD there haven't you?!!! ( I remember you saying) Mate, I have mags from when the S1000RR came out, makes it good reading. It's a fucking monstah!
Yep, ive done Cadders about 5 times now on various different bikes over the years and looking forward to it providing it doesn't hump it down with rain and spoil it!!
      02-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #26
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
You sound more and more like my wife every day fella!!! But yes, take your point. Its all part of my "bucket list" - i just dont want to kick the bucket whilst trying to achieve it!! Either way its a lot safer than hooning around on the roads!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #27
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Nuttah! (nuff said )
Attached Images

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #28
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Lovely bike mate. Never ridden one just yet but plan to as the intention is to change to either this or the RSV4. What was better about the BMW over RSV4.

Apparently the slick mode you put it in isn't the 'ultimate' mode. I've heard there is an mode even more aggressive that the dealer can sort. Could be a loads of borrocks tho...just something in the biking world.

Roll on the summer aye...I'm sure you will enjoy and good luck with your ACU
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #29
Mart1000
Capt Slow
Rep
Drives: Leon FR Supercopa

Very nice bike mate. I didn't like them at first because both side, including the lights aren't the same and thought it looked odd. After seeing one in the flesh I was won over. Very well made bike and oozes quality, especially with the Akra on it.

I just can't wait to get the RC8 out of the garage when the temp pics up a bit and get riding again. My car will deffo take a back seat to the bike this year. Not taking mine on track as its too much of an arse to swap the exhaust back. May buy a cheap gixer track bike for that.

Good luck with the racing, keep us updated.

Gaz I think the slick mode can only be activated after its first service by the dealer, as far as I know it's the 'rawest' mode.

I've been on the RSV 4 and it felt very nice. I'd love to try the Beemer.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #30
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Nuttah! (nuff said )
Thanks Ian !! Hope all is still well - and lets try and fix a date for us to get together for that meal at Chez Tone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Lovely bike mate. Never ridden one just yet but plan to as the intention is to change to either this or the RSV4. What was better about the BMW over RSV4. Apparently the slick mode you put it in isn't the 'ultimate' mode. I've heard there is an mode even more aggressive that the dealer can sort. Could be a loads of borrocks tho...just something in the biking world. Roll on the summer aye...I'm sure you will enjoy and good luck with your ACU
I think Mart below is correct - all i know thus far (having owned the bike for a matter of days!) is that in the Motorrad pack and folder that came with bike there is a red plug that you connect by removing the seat and fix into ECU and this essentially takes ALL of the electronic aids OFF - its called "Slick Mode" which i can only assume relates to the use of slick tyres as opposed to road tyres?? Funnily enough ive never ridden a bike on track with slicks but ive just ordered my first set plus a set of tyre warmers in readiness for the season ahead!! Either way, i cant shed any more light on your question but i think i will take one step at a time and see how i get on!! Keep you posted!! And thanks for your comments - appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart1000 View Post
Very nice bike mate. I didn't like them at first because both side, including the lights aren't the same and thought it looked odd. After seeing one in the flesh I was won over. Very well made bike and oozes quality, especially with the Akra on it. Good luck with the racing, keep us updated.
Again thank you fella - and im also totally with you about the headlights - in fact i still dont like the nose cone and cant wait to fit race fairing and be rid of the lights altogether - but its probably the only ugly thing on the whole bike!!
      02-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #31
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
The Beemer is on its way up to SBW Motorrad in Hertford today for its first service. Ive also ordered a few little bits in readiness for the year ahead!! Managed to get a removable tow bar for the Disco yesterday but still need to source a single bike trailer - im looking for a collapsible/foldable one - if anyone knows of one for sale or any recommendations then please let me know - it must be as easier and simple as possible to load/unload on my own. Ta!
      02-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #32
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Steve, I am not a bike person but that looks stunning. I looked at the spec and 190bhp on a bike, this was hot hatch power 10 years ago.

When did you change to the disco from your RS4. Do you like and how does it compare to your RR sports in the past?
      02-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #33
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Steve, I am not a bike person but that looks stunning. I looked at the spec and 190bhp on a bike, this was hot hatch power 10 years ago. When did you change to the disco from your RS4. Do you like and how does it compare to your RR sports in the past?
Hey fella - long time no hear - how goes it Sir!? Hope all is well with you and yours? Thanks for comments about the new steed and yes 190bhp out of the crate is pretty nuts - however, mine has got the exhaust and power commander 5 and is fully set up on the dyno with a graph showing 198 bhp!!!! The power is unreal and pulls like a train in every gear - first time on it i pulled a wheelie going from 5th to 6th at around 160mph and struggled to push the nose down, my mate said i was as white as a sheet when i came back in!! Cant wait to get her on track and really let her go
Sadly, i wrote the RS4 Avant off and went straight out and bought a Range Rover Vogue SE and then we got used to the size, comforts and practicality and once i got bored with that i swapped it for the Disco - have to say it blows the RR out of the water and i even prefer its aesthetics all round - perfect truck for the family and a lovely car on a journey - but i wont deny i dont miss a bit of oomph and excitement but i guess the S1000RR should make up for that in bucket loads!! Again, nice to hear from you and stay well
      02-23-2013, 03:59 AM   #34
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
AC Schnitzer for the bike!!

http://www.ac-schnitzer.co.uk/motorcycles/s1000rr.htm
      02-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #35
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Nice one Steve, it looks insane
      02-23-2013, 04:44 AM   #36
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
Nice one Steve, it looks insane
Hey big fella - how are those guns!!? Hope you and Mandy are well? Again, long time no speak - we must all arrange a get together soon - Chez Tone??
But yes, "insane" is an apt word - should suit me well then, huh!!?
      02-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #37
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
Hey big fella - how are those guns!!? Hope you and Mandy are well? Again, long time no speak - we must all arrange a get together soon - Chez Tone??
But yes, "insane" is an apt word - should suit me well then, huh!!?
All good thanks mate (and trying to stay pumped) - yes, a get together is long overdue. Can't fit anything in until April at the earliest!
      02-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #38
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Busy boy!!!
      02-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #39
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Ouch!!! This looked painful - to his spine and pride - let alone the poor bike!!

http://www.smog.pl/wideo/54564/wypad...isty_z_bliska/
      02-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #40
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Ouch, hope he made a full recovery.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 03:25 AM   #41
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Can see my wallet emptying.... again....

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/i..._overview.html
      03-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #42
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Ready to go up to Cadwell - weather looks shite for tomorrow but fingers crossed!
Attached Images

03-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #43
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Looking good mate!

Good luck tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #44
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Got to love those stabilisers Steve,when do you get to take them off?
The ones I had on my Raleigh Chopper came off when I was about seven,admittedly I was a slow learner,but you must have got the hang of it by now

PS: You owe me a date Fella,Chez Tony!
Attached Images

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0